RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   TOOOOO much power...... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/80907-tooooo-much-power.html)

STANG KILLA SS 08-10-2007 09:31 AM

TOOOOO much power......

:shock:
http://www.dragboats.com/video/dsl/06_05_IHBA_692.wmv
:shock:

Kranberry 08-10-2007 10:05 AM

waaaaay to much power:shock:

chip cross 08-10-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjkranwinkle@cableone.net (Post 802646)
waaaaay to much power:shock:

x2 it would be nice to have a rc drag boat like that

rockwerks 08-10-2007 10:20 AM

actually it s all in the trim tabs. IVe seen that boat in person he forgot to lower the tabs to push the nose down..........plain and simple driver error

ColquittCustom405 08-10-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockwerks (Post 802674)
actually it s all in the trim tabs. IVe seen that boat in person he forgot to lower the tabs to push the nose down..........plain and simple driver error

Man,that's dumb.Does the motor seperate that easliy for crashes?

rockwerks 08-10-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 (Post 802686)
Man,that's dumb.Does the motor seperate that easliy for crashes?

well not much holding the them in........carbon fiber and a few bolts......and a 80,000 keith black hemi goes to the bottom of the river LOL You can see the drivers capsule bob up out of the water at the end....

L-TOWN CUSTOMS 08-10-2007 11:00 AM

wow lol that is all i gotta say is wow:shock:

JavelinSST390 08-10-2007 11:15 AM

Do they bother fishing the motors out of the water? (For an $80000 motor I would sure hope so!) because if they don't I'm gonna start following these guys around to events, buy some scuba gear, and get a real long cable to hook to the back of my truck.. Can you say "Fishing for Top Fuel Hemis?"

I've seen these things crahs before.. they're designed to come apart like that (like an F1 car) to protect the driver. At 100 mph+ Water becomes like concrete for impacts.

SnailMail 08-10-2007 11:26 AM

what about this one :shock:
http://dragboats.com/video/dsl/03_05_IHBA_556.wmv

rockdog1 08-10-2007 11:35 AM

there is never to much power if you have the balls to handle the horses:flipoff:

GET-R-DONE

WheelChair 08-10-2007 01:31 PM

Too much power?

I think not... He just forgot to put the fat chick on the hood!"thumbsup":lol:

rockwerks 08-10-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheelChair (Post 802882)
Too much power?

I think not... He just forgot to put the fat chick on the hood!"thumbsup":lol:

fat chick......trim tabs...same concept..........Im Parker AZ last year one of the drag boats that runs computer controlled tabs, went haywire and thee tabs lifted at around 120mph.....................thing went skyward real quick.....1 1/2 flips before it touched down on the water again...........not much left

Rockpiledriver 08-10-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockwerks (Post 802901)
fat chick......trim tabs...same concept..........Im Parker AZ last year one of the drag boats that runs computer controlled tabs, went haywire and thee tabs lifted at around 120mph.....................thing went skyward real quick.....1 1/2 flips before it touched down on the water again...........not much left

You crack me up sometimes. Well.... most of the time. :lol:

That's a Hydro, hydro's do not have adjustable cav plates, what you call "trim tabs". That particular boat, Plum Crazy, utilizes what is called a W drive. It is a twin screw, counter rotating drive. The reason it did a wheelie like that is because they either had the drive angle set wrong for the power applied, or they had the wrong prop on for the amount of power applied. I happen to know the guy that built the props for that boat very well. He is also a TFH driver, used to drive "Madness" and a few other boats.

Now a flatbottom on the other hand, does indeed use cavataion plates. They are NOT however, computer controlled. They are controlled by the driver's left foot.

And before you go arguing with me, :lol: realize that I have been around drag boats all of my life. I have owned and driven 3 myself.

Here is a pic of the last one. Sold it a couple of years ago.

http://photos.imageevent.com/speedfr...e/JTD_0188.jpg

Bronco 08-10-2007 02:55 PM

^^^:shock:^^^^:shock::shock::shock:

musicmaniac 08-10-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco (Post 802968)
^^^:shock:^^^^:shock::shock::shock:

Yeah.... x2! I think I would rather stay on land after seeing that picture!! :lol:"thumbsup"

Kranberry 08-10-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnailMail (Post 802748)

oh sh!t is right :shock:

1BadJeepBruiser 08-10-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver (Post 802962)
You crack me up sometimes. Well.... most of the time. :lol:

That's a Hydro, hydro's do not have adjustable cav plates, what you call "trim tabs". That particular boat, Plum Crazy, utilizes what is called a W drive. It is a twin screw, counter rotating drive. The reason it did a wheelie like that is because they either had the drive angle set wrong for the power applied, or they had the wrong prop on for the amount of power applied. I happen to know the guy that built the props for that boat very well. He is also a TFH driver, used to drive "Madness" and a few other boats.

Now a flatbottom on the other hand, does indeed use cavataion plates. They are NOT however, computer controlled. They are controlled by the driver's left foot.

And before you go arguing with me, :lol: realize that I have been around drag boats all of my life. I have owned and driven 3 myself.

Here is a pic of the last one. Sold it a couple of years ago.

http://photos.imageevent.com/speedfr...e/JTD_0188.jpg

:shock::shock::shock::shock: WOW that is bada$$ "thumbsup" Now that has to be an expensive hobby :lol:

Rockpiledriver 08-10-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 803018)
:shock::shock::shock::shock: WOW that is bada$$ "thumbsup" Now that has to be an expensive hobby :lol:

It is... Like any motorsport there is expense, without a doubt. But on a boat, as compaired to a car, there are far less mechanical systems that need to be constantly serviced/replaced. Tires are a big one. On a race car you need several sets per event. Props last alot longer. ;-)

When a boat crashes, there are almost always a bunch of good parts left to use on the next one. Alot of times the motor itself is not damaged bad at all, even after sitting at the bottom for awhile. Capsules are usually intact also. When a car crashes, it tends to do far more damage to the vehicle as a whole, thus a greater expense to repair.

clodstall 08-10-2007 04:31 PM

hell yeah. would love to try it."thumbsup"

Rockpiledriver 08-10-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clodstall (Post 803098)
hell yeah. would love to try it."thumbsup"

Then I highly recommend you do. The best rush I have ever experienced (with my pants on) has been in a drag boat. Close second is land speed, it's a totally different rush though, almost surreal, like it's happening in slow motion. There is no slow motion effect drag boat racing, mostly just a blurr. :lol: