Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Any Fishermen ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Any Fishermen ?

i have been doing alot of fishing this summer with my nephew and a friend. this year we decided t keep track of how many pounds we catch each and what the biggest fish is we catch,

looking at the note book we put everything in ive noticed the fishing has dropped off alot in the past month. the spot we go to is getting choked up with weeds and the water is warm. time to move to a different location.

we fish for everything ,alot of night fishing and some day fishing with lures.this year the bull head fishing has been very good.most fish in the 1-2lb range. we have caught some nice channel cats too.no real big ones yet this year though. largest channel i caught was 15lbs a couple years back.

perch fishing has sucked,cant get them to bite.small mouth has been decent no big fish though. caught some big ars carp though and one was on my pan fish pole. took 20 min to get the bastard in.

heres a couple of pics...

12lb carp

my nephew with a nice channel cat...

heres a nasty little criiter, the bowfin...

look at the head on this thing...

twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

yea i been fishing some this year at the beginning of the season i cought a buncha walleye and some bass but the bass have moved out of the river and into the lake thats when you need a boat heres some pics first one is a nice carp then a little pickeral , then walleyes

xxizzer421xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Them's some nice lookin' fish, fellas

I've been doing a bit of fishing myself. Pulled in a few nice largemouths the other day, with a few cats and a perch. I plan on getting out on the boat tomorrow (or later toady, technically).
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:14 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

i have done some fishing aswell, caught a 6 pound largemouth bass, a couple 10 pound mud cats.

but my biggest bass i caught was a few years back, 7 pounds 13 ounces 24 inches long, that was a fight ill never forget.
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
20K Club

I used to work as a fishing charter hand. It was a lot of fun and really good money.

Honestly the most fun was bow fishing for carp during the spawn.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Nice fish fellas!
I was curious about whether you guys keep all the fish or if you practice catch and release. The fishing in Colorado has gone down hill. We have a large population of people who can't read english and seem to think it is ok to take every freakin little and big fish they catch home with them. I never see a game warden stopping them and issuing tickets, but they always seem to have the time to check my credentials.

You can't catch big fish if there isn't any left in the lake to spawn the next generation of big fish, plain and simple.

Good luck on the rest of the season. Peace!
STEW<CO> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

well i catch release most of the time becuase we fish in the rivers most of the time, and the rivers arnt always healthy, but when i go out on the lake i will keep 2 or 3 bass for a dinner
xxizzer421xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I haven't had to much time to get out fishing this year. I went down wading in the local river and caught some small mouth a couple months back. Largest was about 13". nothing to brag about. It was nice just walking down the river though.

Usually I take the boat out to a local lake and fish there. Mostly for panfish. I know a few spots where you can sit there and pull out 50 fish easily. Usually about 10-15 are good keepers. We'll throw the good ones in a live well and if we get a good enough catch to make a dinner we'll keep them. If not we put them back. I don't keep bass.
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #9

Thumbs up

Nice fish! I usually will go to Clear Lake (in Cheney Wa.) and can usually catch largemouth like this almost all day. It's really great fishing! Mark

Darn. My pics didn't work.
mark-wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

when i was younger i used to fish... my dad and my mom still fishing

some from my dad in amazonas here in venezuela

all of this fishes are peacock bass !

Last edited by andres-tavares; 08-13-2007 at 04:21 PM.
andres-tavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

my dad in Amazonas

me and my dad in Guri

me and my dad in Apure

me in Guri

me in Guri

my mom in Camatagua

Last edited by andres-tavares; 08-13-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #12
20K Club

Awesome man!

Those are some BEAUTIFUL fish!!!!

We don't have anything like that here in the states. How do they fight? What is the average weight of those fish? What kind of tackle were you using?

BEATIFUL
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

those peacocks are BEAUTIFUL !

we mostly release the fish we catch. im trying to teach my nephew the rights and wrongs about fishing. hes 15 and thinks alot of the things we do now wont affect the fish 10 years from now. hes getting the hang of it and learning. all garbage we take in goes out along with others. one of the things that pisses me off the most is seeing others lack of concern for the environment.

he just caught his 1st pickerel last week and was one happy kid. ill post some pics of that soon.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
one of the things that pisses me off the most is seeing others lack of concern for the environment.
Same here. Whenever i tell this story, i get pissed off so much. Anyway, here it is.

My dad and i were up fishing at Lake Almanore in northern California. We were just sitting there eating lunch and waiting for the fish. We were watching a duck dive down and try to catch some fish and it just stayed about 30 feet off the shoreline for a while. Then a kid (about 16 i think) and his girlfriend come along on a jetski and go past us about 50 feet out, then turn around tword the shore. Then turn tword the bird. He went full throttle at the bird we were watching earlier and hit it at about 25 mph. My dad and i were amazed and pissed off at what he had just done. So, then he turns around, and swirves at the bird again, and hits it!! Then goes around, and hits it again!!!! THEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By then, we couldnt believe what we just saw. We were just speechless. Then he saw us, and casually rode off. The bird was run over at least 4 times, maybe even 5. It was flopping away with what looked like a broken wing, or wings.

Yeah, like i said, now i'm really pissed off. It just amazes me how you can go up in the country, and do something like that. You would think that anyone who goes out there would have some common sense and some respect for nature. I hate that kid and have never even met him. Here's what i say to you little punk a$$ kid!!!! (with no smile) :-x
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

heres the pickerel my nephew caught.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

chair thief.

I caught this one the hard way, i dove in the water and caught it with my teeth.
solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly View Post
chair thief.

I caught this one the hard way, i dove in the water and caught it with my teeth.
i didnt steal your chair you left it in my truck.....

thats not a real fish either its the one i bought you from walmart that talks.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

I was storing it there for future use. Now you've ruined it with your farts
solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

i broke it in. and please stay on topic.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:51 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Awesome man!

Those are some BEAUTIFUL fish!!!!

We don't have anything like that here in the states. How do they fight? What is the average weight of those fish? What kind of tackle were you using?

BEATIFUL
well men in florida theres some peacock bass ... but is naturally from latin america

the world record is 27.5 lbs i think

the fight is something AMAZING very dificult.. because we use 15-20 lbs line ... in amazonas 50 lbs or even 100 lbs believe they broke the 100 lbs line easy

well most of the peacock basss we catch are little between 3 lbs and 5 lbs ... in the pictures most of them are over 13 lbs... my dads ones are over 17 -20 lbs

the tackles are rapalas stile

i have to go i edit this post later

Last edited by andres-tavares; 08-14-2007 at 08:06 AM.