Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Reagan Quotes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 07:08 AM   #1
06 Super National Champ

Default Reagan Quotes

As was brought up in the Hillary thread, Reagan had some funny/great quotes.

Figured I'd start a new thread.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. - Ronald Reagan

Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes longer. - Ronald Reagan

History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap. - Ronald Reagan

How can a president not be an actor? - Ronald Reagan

I couldn't help but say to Mr. Gorbachev just think how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from another planet. We'd find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this earth together. - Ronald Reagan

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting. - Ronald Reagan

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. - Ronald Reagan

It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas. - Ronald Reagan

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes. - Ronald Reagan

More here: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...ld_reagan.html
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

For a man in his position under that type of stress, Ronnie did have a sense of humor about him...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
RCC Addict

man he was the best president this country has ever seen
Kranberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Too bad I'm too young to have been there for those. The world needs more people with a good sense of humor.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #5
06 Super National Champ

More:

"I hope you're all Republicans." -speaking to surgeons as he entered the operating room following a 1981 assassination attempt.

"Honey, I forgot to duck." -to his wife, Nancy, after surviving the assassination attempt.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." –explaining why he liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings.

"I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience." -during a 1984 presidential debate with Walter Mondale.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources." (Global Warming, anyone?)

"Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."

"I'm afraid I can't use a mule. I have several hundred up on Capitol Hill." –refusing a gift of a mule.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Didn't he used to beat around his farm in an old Jeep too?
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
RCC Addict

A CJ6 no less.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Usmc8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Ronald Reagan , a true OG .
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote