Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Trying to do a little homework!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Trying to do a little homework!

I am wanting to buy a AR-15 Rock River Arms. Many know this is what the DEA carry. I have also looked at a Bushmaster. Does anyone here have one? I am gonn get one in 223 caliber. Probably just have Iron sights on it for now and shoot comps with some friends. Thanks for your time and help. Just trying to study up on this a little.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

i have a stag arms ar-15 and i love it, RRA is a very good company for ar-15's, but ALL of them are very pickey with ammo, dont just stick anything in there do your research, if you want to shoot a heavier bullet you need a 1:9 twist CROME LINE(allways) barrel and 1:8 twist is good for 45grain bullets to 60. When you get one read your manual extensivly and make sure you know how to break down the gun and clean and service it well, and whatever you do dont buy wolf ammo with steel casings instead of brass casings, you will be fairly accurate with iron sights, maybe up to 200yards , but right now for me if i could change anything on mine i would put a 22inch fluted bull barrel and a new trigger group in it, and you should get some 20rnd and 30rnd mags and your all set man!
savageracer312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Went and shot a RRA AR today. Pretty sweet. I am good at cleaning guns i have many. The RRA I am thinking about getting comes with two 30 rounds mags. A nice hard case and some tools for cleaning I think. I will more than likyl just put a Red Dot on top of it with a laser later. The Red dot on the one i shot today made a hell of a difference. Keep the help coming.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:05 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

well if you like it and are comfertable with it, Buy it! tasco makes a cheap red dot if its higher end your looking for get an aimpoint or eotech
savageracer312 is offline   Reply With Quote