RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Local Hobby Shop is Closing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/82278-local-hobby-shop-closing.html)

TwistedXT 08-22-2007 07:21 PM

Local Hobby Shop is Closing

And yet another bites the dust... or bitting the dust anyways...
Bobs Hobbys in Littleton Colorado off of Universaty and Arapahoe is going out of business. Everything in the store is 40-60% off!!! they still have a bunch of kits available and some rims and tires and a bunch of random bodies that are 50% off... i stoped in earlier to get a copy of the RC Car Action Mini edition and saw the sale... i guess Bobs lease is up end of october and he decided he's done... im grabbin the credit card and going shoppin tomorrow!"thumbsup"

PROTOTYPE 08-22-2007 07:52 PM

Lucky!

andres-tavares 08-22-2007 09:04 PM

well lucky now ... in the future he will not have a LHS .. i think

Mikekx65 08-22-2007 09:19 PM

Hey lmk if he has a proline f-100 body

FORD84 08-22-2007 09:21 PM

our hobby shop only sells nitros and traxxas parts,the prices are rediculos casue they can raise them because its the only one...and to top it off they dont even work on the cars they sell....Im trying to talk my dad into opening a Hobbypeople franchise when he retires..that would be sweet...

SACCO 08-22-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORD84 (Post 818229)
our hobby shop only sells nitros and traxxas parts,the prices are rediculos casue they can raise them because its the only one...and to top it off they dont even work on the cars they sell....Im trying to talk my dad into opening a Hobbypeople franchise when he retires..that would be sweet...

Same situation here. Only one and they try to rape people on the prices.

Dont know about hobbypeople but hobbytown was chargin 200k for their franchises back in 2000. It was too steep for me.

dotson 08-22-2007 11:33 PM

get things andsell themon here for like just 10% profit
( for the troubles) and spread the love lol

Kranberry 08-22-2007 11:34 PM

lmk if they have a bushwacker body if so ill pay ya to get it:twisted:

Lumpmister 08-23-2007 01:33 AM

I feel sorry for all of you and your bad shops. I feel like I have one of the best crawlin stores near my house! CKRC!!!

The owner and employees are very much into crawlin. The own is going to the nationals btw.

Cslax06 08-23-2007 09:24 AM

Id stock up on parts then if I were you...

TwistedXT 08-23-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikekx65 (Post 818227)
Hey lmk if he has a proline f-100 body

nope... just have some touring car bodies left and a fire truck body i was thinkin about for a basher..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotson (Post 818417)
get things andsell themon here for like just 10% profit
( for the troubles) and spread the love lol

Most hobby shops both local and only would probubly do a back flip to make a 10% profit. most local hobby shops make their money on the parts.. not the kits. buy it and break it.. a repeat customer is always the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjkranwinkle@cableone.net (Post 818420)
lmk if they have a bushwacker body if so ill pay ya to get it:twisted:

nope.. nada.. i would bought it if they woulda had one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cslax06 (Post 818773)
Id stock up on parts then if I were you...

All they have left is a bunch of nitro stuff and some random tires and such... not to o much to choose from. thier sale price on a couple of kits is identical to what tower hobbies is chargin (minus shipping of course). I just feel bad cause the guy worin there is awsome! no matter what you were workin on he was always interested and would do his best to order the parts that you need. After that "how to build a TLT rock crawler" add came out in Car Action (?) he had a grip of guys in there orderin parts. I was askin him if he had any plans yet after they close in Oct and he said that he hasnt thought that far ahead since he still has like 2 months left. He was sayin he make look into other shops but is curious becuase every shop you can work at is different and specializes in different stock... so.. it'll be interesting to see where he ends up. Where ever it is that he ends up workin.. he'll get a great letter of req from me!

This is what happens whan everyone orders everything off of the internet. I have no problem payin a little more to support the local guy.

They guy at the hobby shop is blammin it on the popularity of newer video games.. kids just dont go outside anymore.

Mikekx65 08-23-2007 06:04 PM

That really sucks...I mean the guy probably loved running the shop. I still order parts offline because of the prices of course but about every 2 weeks or so ill go down the my lhs and buy $50 or so worth in random parts. Yea there more expensive than online but whats a extra buck here or there matter....plus its nice going there and talking to the guys..not like talking to your parents about r/c that they could careless about.

STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER 08-23-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SACCO (Post 818415)
Dont know about hobbypeople but hobbytown was chargin 200k for their franchises back in 2000. It was too steep for me.

but doesn't that $200K include a startting inventory??

SACCO 08-23-2007 09:17 PM

Dont remember. I will try and find the paperwork...............

DirkDigler 08-24-2007 09:48 AM

I better get there before Bender finds out.