Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: car audio?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default car audio?

Any one good at car audio? just got a dash kit to install my cd deck but the truck and the cd deck have different hook ups.... could i cut the hook ups off and just connect wires i reall need some help let me know thanks
xxizzer421xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
I lost my vendor privileges

yes you can. better to just buy an adapter kit for that vehicle.done a few in my lifetime.doing mine again tommorrow with pics i guess.lol well transferring it from one vehicle to another.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

well how do i connect each wire? just colar to colar? dous it matter witch colared wire goues to which other colared wire?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Dude first of, if you are asking what colors to hook up, either leave it to a professional or be more specific.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:33 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i am not asking what colars hook up its colar to colar but thiers 2 of each colar i am askign a simple qestion if it matters if for say one grey wire had to be hooked up to a certian grey one
Old 08-31-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I meant specific , as to what car and radio you are hooking up, i have owned my car audio store for over 15 year btw
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 PM   #7

Spend the 12 bucks and get a wiring kit. Then the wiring kit will plug into your vehicle plugs, then solder the bare wires from the wiring kit to the bare wires off the cd player plug. As for which wires to hook together they should just be color to color once you get the wiring kit. But the wires from the kit should be labeled and your deck should have a wiring diagram with it.

Hope this helps...
AkCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

its not a very good cd deck its a JB
Old 08-31-2007, 07:38 PM   #9
Trying to have Fun Again

Check aim. I use to install car audio
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Location: Tearin down a dirt road, rebel flag a flyin, coon dog in the back, truck bed loaded down with beer.

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/W...dio_wiring.jpg

i do not know if this will help any but it should be basic car audio setup.

all my vehicles had this wiring, but all my vehicles were older than 1885
fordzilla1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

buy the adapter kit.....all the wires are labeled.....red-ignition, yellow-battery, black-ground.....ect ect....
5150 Krawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #12
RCC Addict

What The Fawk Is A Colar??????

Best bet is to just install it color to color......................then when the deck fries itself, you will then learn that you have no business installing car audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxizzer421xx View Post
dous it matter witch colared wire goues to which other colared wire?
Nope, all of the wires are universal, just connect them to whatever wire is closest.

Last edited by Robb; 08-31-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:56 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

this is all taking care of thanks to a meber on rcc thanks for being all you can be...
Old 08-31-2007, 09:00 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxizzer421xx View Post
this is all taking care of thanks to a meber on rcc thanks for being all you can be...
What the Fawk Is a Meber?????
Old 08-31-2007, 09:04 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

are you trying to say.....

this is all taken care of thanks to a member of rcc, thanks for being all you can be.

IF you want help be willing to put the effort in to spell EVERYTHING and be specific.... THERE ARE NO COLARS ON RADIO'S but there are some on shirts!!!
Rok_Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:20 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

yea. sorry my apologies to everyone who cant understand much , i was typing fast becuase i would like to test my cd deck i am so sorry for all of you guys that are so so dissapointed in me
Old 08-31-2007, 09:23 PM   #17
RCC Addict

If someone else out there is willing to help you.................props to them. From your posts, you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are doing, and if someone is willing to hold your hand throughout the entire process, good for them.

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole! With stock wiring, we are dealing with small gauge stuff that is probably only going to blow a fuse, and in a worse case scenario, maybe only burn up a single wire.................................but the potential of an electrical fire does exist when someone that doesn't understand the basics of wiring starts messing with it. Even if you get all the "colars" put together, the quality of that junction must be made in a proper and safe manner..............and with someone of your ability slaps together a crappy connection, that later fails and shorts out, there is no telling the damage that can result. 12V is low voltage, but at the end of the day, voltage isn't what creates damage (or kills you), it is amperage, and you can create a great current path pretty easily when you don't know what you are doing (and voltage numbers don't matter.............I will take getting bit with 277 or 460 all day long before 120).

Find a shop or a friend that knows wiring and the basics behind it before you do this yourself. You are obviously a newbie at it, and the little time or money spent to make sure it is done safely will be a small cost as compared to you messing it up.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

i did not have any one hold my hand i had a member explain it to me he helped me out and was willing to help me out i meen its not ur problem... is it? seriously plus your absolutly rite i have no idea what i am doing im trying to learn so i can help other people

Last edited by xxizzer421xx; 08-31-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:01 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Location: Tearin down a dirt road, rebel flag a flyin, coon dog in the back, truck bed loaded down with beer.

robb why are you so negative all the time?

xxizzer421xx asked a question and got s#!t faced about it.
fordzilla1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

I just wanted to learn by my self and its not like i just stwisted the wires together and threw them back under the dash sorry i mispell a few words cuz i got excited i got the deck in my truck working my apologies to everyone that thinks i am worthless and no nothing of what i talk about i guess i can not be trusted