Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Performance!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Performance!!!

I want woundering what would be a good chip to put in a 2004 f-150 with the 5.4l triton V8? I have looked at superchips and also bully dog chips. What would yall recomend? I am hopefully buying this truck Monday or Tuesday. I have to go up there tomarrow and see about trading my truck in on it. I will have exhaust run in the future and also a air intake so help with that would be super nice also please. Thanks in advance!!!
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2007, 01:34 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I have always ran Hypertech....

Out of the superchips and bully dog. I would go with the superchip, they are supposed to have the best ones the market offers for the gas trucks now days.

I work in the parts dept at a chevrolet dealership so from what ive seen, we sell a lot more Superchip products. They seem to be the most popular, which means they obviously are working.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

HEY I was looking at a new body style truck but have you seen the ratings on the new f-150?

They got the worst value rating overall (jd power), I was bummed. I have an 01 and have a list of complaints.

Start with the exhaust on mods, The cats are restrictive and the oversized can tends to be poorly tuned
Rok_Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I like Ford. My dad has a 04 and has not had a minutes trouble with it and I have had a few myself including the 87 that just sets in the yard. I could go out there right now turn the key and its gonna crank and take me where ever I want to go. I have not read alot on the superchips.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Get the EDGE 4-stage module. I have one on my '06 F-150 5.4 and I love it. Pretty much leave it on stage 2 except when I want to have some fun. The best thing it did was get rid of the computer controlled throttle.
Wayne
mulchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Well I talked myself out of a f-150, I am now gonna get a f-250. What do yall think about the 6.0 in the 2004? Or should I get a 7.3 in a 2003. Which would be the best.