Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: helping out another club member

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
I lost my vendor privileges

Default helping out another club member

wow i get stuck helping out all the newbies with their rigs.

they like my chassis design i guess.
i guess i need to invest one day in a blue star and maybe make these.lol

ok this is Talonted's rig.

starting it.

i need a set of axles for mockup.

he will be using a clod body for this one.

i sure hope he likes this thing.it sure fits the clod body pretty well.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

That looks pretty good!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

So this guy is paying for all the parts and your building it for him? What do you maching those chassis with? maybe after you get past this hard time you can become a vendor because i know quite a few people who would like some scale chassis,And your one of the best people here that build some killer scale trucks espically that red k5 you had
Mikekx65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekx65 View Post
So this guy is paying for all the parts and your building it for him? What do you maching those chassis with? maybe after you get past this hard time you can become a vendor because i know quite a few people who would like some scale chassis,And your one of the best people here that build some killer scale trucks espically that red k5 you had

wow thanks. i will be getting a star soon i hope.they are cut by a friend in the club.and yes he paid for it and i am just helping him out.anyway they are cut by hand by him on band saw. he is an ex machinist. sends them to me for drilling and tapping,add skids,cross members and everything else by hand with a drill and tap.

they are 6061-T6 aluminum. 3/8" thick.and thanks for the compliments on the rigs i build. makes me feel all squishy inside.lol
Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Holy sh!t them chassis are cut on a bandsaw? Wow,now that guy has some machining skills.....from the pics they look like they were cut on a water jet or cnc...and i would defiently look into making one off custom chassis for people...does the guy cut em for ya for free? or do you bring him a 6 pack or somthing for him
Mikekx65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Holy sh!t them chassis are cut on a bandsaw? Wow,now that guy has some machining skills.....from the pics they look like they were cut on a water jet or cnc...and i would defiently look into making one off custom chassis for people...does the guy cut em for ya for free? or do you bring him a 6 pack or somthing for him
i wish.lol i have to pay for the material and i give him a bonus for doing the labor.ok wanna go halves on a star?lol j/k. there is 4 of them in the club and 2 floating around where i have built a rig and then sold the truck,not just the chassis. but i ope it will be really soon. i have done all of them to the body that will be ran on them.so yeah i guess one offs.
yeah he does some great work. i can imagine him with a cnc or mill. he said he has been wanting to invest in one and now i think might be the time.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
RCC Addict

your rear axle is upside down in that last pic
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Just wondering how much does the material cost to make a frame? Because that could help u out for a little while until u get a job. Im sure u would sell plenty of them, and get some money. If i was to build a scaler, i would buy one. They look great!
west virginia krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by west virginia krawler View Post
Just wondering how much does the material cost to make a frame? Because that could help u out for a little while until u get a job. Im sure u would sell plenty of them, and get some money. If i was to build a scaler, i would buy one. They look great!
I wont discuss that. i cant.but it is not to cheap being he cuts them by hand.but fair price i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedoutTLT06 View Post
your rear axle is upside down
i know. it was the only way to use the lift blocks. that is what he bought and gave me to use.

Last edited by clodstall; 09-10-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #10

here is another pic with front bumper on.

i will have to build another one when i can. i like this one.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So this guy is paying for all the parts and your building it for him?
Thats kinda how it turned out. I wanted the chassis because I like the way it looked and I was waiting to get it so I could start building. I wanted my first scale truck to turn out ok so I asked Tony to drill my skid so my tranny would be straight. Then I asked him to drill the holes for the shackles since he had to drill it for thr crossmembers anyway. Then he had a set of leafs for sale so I said install them but he needed to know what body for wheelbase. I have a Clod body and he had a few so I picked it. I was unsure about how to mount the axles so I was hoping to get pics so I could mount my axles when I get the chassis and here we are. I am waiting for the chassis so I can finish the build and I give Tony all the credit for getting me into a scale build and for tackling the parts I was unsure about.
talonted1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:34 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodstall View Post
i will have to build another one when i can. i like this one.
It can be yours for the rig you just traded for.J/K I know you have wanted a 3 speed for a long time. Try to keep this one long enuff for me to see it in person.
talonted1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonted1990 View Post
Thats kinda how it turned out. I wanted the chassis because I like the way it looked and I was waiting to get it so I could start building. I wanted my first scale truck to turn out ok so I asked Tony to drill my skid so my tranny would be straight. Then I asked him to drill the holes for the shackles since he had to drill it for thr crossmembers anyway. Then he had a set of leafs for sale so I said install them but he needed to know what body for wheelbase. I have a Clod body and he had a few so I picked it. I was unsure about how to mount the axles so I was hoping to get pics so I could mount my axles when I get the chassis and here we are. I am waiting for the chassis so I can finish the build and I give Tony all the credit for getting me into a scale build and for tackling the parts I was unsure about.
you will thank me now.then you will want to kill me later for getting you into this high $ mess.lol and thanks for the props. i am just a redneck tinkering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonted1990 View Post
It can be yours for the rig you just traded for.J/K I know you have wanted a 3 speed for a long time. Try to keep this one long enuff for me to see it in person.

right right.this one will be around for awhile i think. i will even let you drive it Bud.