Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: well.... Picked up a Turbo Dodge!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

If everything is all original and works fine, for a $500 car I would just leave it the way it is.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

haha, you cant have a turbo dodge and leave it alone, its just not possible
scalerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #43
Powered by Awesome

amen to that!!!
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #44
Powered by Awesome

some more eye candy!!!

and this pig is RWD!!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

wow, beautiful cars, and when you said "welcome to the mopar addiction" you weren't kidding, it is an addiction!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #46
Powered by Awesome

AA is held every weekend at the local drag strip
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #47
Powered by Awesome

actually i guess it would be TDA , not AA
Old 10-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

As far as I'm concerned AA stands for Alcohol is Awesome...

I would love a GLHS Omni...man those are the coolest little sleepers.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

TwistedXT, were do i sign up!

ill have a video or 2 up monday

Old 10-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #50
Powered by Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalerfreak View Post
im talking about the inside, like they rattle when i got to about 85mph

what all would i have to do to put this in
http://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/...&ProductID=405

same question about this
http://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/...&ProductID=157
honestly, drop the car off at midus and tell them you want 3" from the turbo back and install this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...QQcmdZViewItem

use an intercooler like this up under the front nose , theres a grip of room up there!!! : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...spagenameZWDVW

they also have a universal piping for the intercooler : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-UNI...spagenameZWDVW

and theres currently 1600 blow off valves on ebay right now!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

wow, this is turning into more work then i planned, lol, so were can i get these parts, cause i dont have paypal, and i dont plan on ordering from ebay, so can i like just walk into autozone or anvance or maybe NAPA and get these or no
Old 10-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
wow, this is turning into more work then i planned, lol, so were can i get these parts, cause i dont have paypal, and i dont plan on ordering from ebay, so can i like just walk into autozone or anvance or maybe NAPA and get these or no
LOL you just made my day!
One thing you will learn as you work on 'upgrading' a car is that 90% of the parts you need come from junk yards and other enthusiasts. Your best bet is to find some good pick and pull yards near you and see what they have in stock. If you setup a paypal account then the door is wide open for finding good parts online. For example I am a Ford 2.3 turbo fan and those are very hard to find in junk yards and when you do the engine and transmission is long gone. When I need a part other than an alternator or spark plug wires I have to hit up the for sale section at www.turboford.org
It is going to be the same thing for you unless you sell your car and buy a civic
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

screw civics, there for the ordinary teenage punk, I'm one who has owned a 9mpg 92 z28, and has never owned a foreign car, so I'm sticking to this one come hell or high water
Old 10-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #54
Powered by Awesome

sorry to say it man.. without a paypal account you car will be without parts. ebay will save you alot of bank!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugzracing View Post
LOL you just made my day!
One thing you will learn as you work on 'upgrading' a car is that 90% of the parts you need come from junk yards and other enthusiasts. Your best bet is to find some good pick and pull yards near you and see what they have in stock. If you setup a paypal account then the door is wide open for finding good parts online. For example I am a Ford 2.3 turbo fan and those are very hard to find in junk yards and when you do the engine and transmission is long gone. When I need a part other than an alternator or spark plug wires I have to hit up the for sale section at www.turboford.org
It is going to be the same thing for you unless you sell your car and buy a civic

What he says, plus check some of your older local Chrysler, Plymouth,m and/or Dodge dealers too. Chrysler has disco'd alot of stuff, but the basic stuff is still available. If you ever have to replace the Hall Effect Switch, do what ever you can to get a new Mopar Parts piece instead, Last Napa one I bought for my Lebaron lasted a year before it went bad, and the one I had replaced that with thinking the old one was bad had been swapped back in until it died.

Here's a couple pics of the ones I owned
This is my '85 Lebaron, I took this pic about a month before I decided to "put it down" after it probably jumped the belt (the floor was in pretty bad shape, but I live in the Chicago Burbs.) I never put a bleed on it, but did have a half-arsed 3" exhaust with a Dynomax welded 3" Ultraflow muffler (had a deaf friend that could feel the car from a block away after that!), MPP Computer, Overflow injectors, and drop in K&N filter in it towards the end of it's life. If I could find a rust free one that I could afford, I'd be all over it fast

And here's the Shadow ES I had, this car never ran nearly as well as the Lebaron did, even with a bleed installed it wouldn't top 70mph:-( I should have put a better exhaust on it and I also had problems with that stupid wastegate setup that Mistubish put on those turbochargers (they actually used something like a body clip to hold the actuator rod in place onj that wastegate)This pic was taken before Bambi decided to plat chicken, and people thought it was ok that damn deer got up and ran off!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

well, here are the 2 things im about to order, cost me just over 50$

[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Kids, OOO listen to it go PSSSHHH! Dont waste money on a blow off valve until you are making some real boost, otherwise you are just another ricer.
I am not sure what those cars come with for cooling but for $40 you can score a good intercooler that will do more for your car than a blow off.
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

lol, im not getting just to hear it, im sure itll be better then the one i have now that leaks, but yea ive been eye-balling an old intercooler we have here in the shop, but im not sure itll fit anywear on the car, ill see this weekend if it will or not
Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well, here are the 2 things im about to order, cost me just over 50$

[/img]
To be honest, don't buy that because it won't work on the induction setup you have! You car had the "draw through" induction system, so that if you let off the throttle, all it does is cut the airflow to the turbo because this setup places the throttle body in a way that it draw air through the TB before it goes into the turbo then feeds the air directly into the intake manifold. Blow off valves release the income air from the turbo and/or intercooler going to the TB when you let off the throttle on engines that use the "blow through" system. Ppretty much everything else out there uses this system, including 1988 and later T1's MOPARs.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

well crap, good thing i didnt order it yet, lol