RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Philly lawyers sue American company on behalf of Iraqi families (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/88112-philly-lawyers-sue-american-company-behalf-iraqi-families.html)

JasonInAugusta 10-11-2007 09:49 PM

Philly lawyers sue American company on behalf of Iraqi families

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/11...ef=mpstoryview

BJoe 10-11-2007 10:16 PM

Wonder how many pennies of the millions their asking for will actually make it Iraq........................

ThinkTank 10-11-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta (Post 880242)

Interesting.
It's kinda funny that there's an American influence is in Iraq , there's an incident and they want $8 mill a piece.
I hope the families of the victims get a "just" and "fair" verdict.
But I honestly don't care what happens to Blackwater because
nobody told those mercenary dogs to open fire.

Natedog 10-12-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT40 (Post 880346)
Interesting.
It's kinda funny that there's an American influence is in Iraq , there's an incident and they want $8 mill a piece.
I hope the families of the victims get a "just" and "fair" verdict.
nobody told those mercenary dogs to open fire.

Heard about that. Fawk the Iraqis and Iraq. They were probably up to no good and got their azzez shot dead. Think you can trust any of them over there? It's you or them...you choose.

Rok_Dok 10-12-2007 05:58 AM

I would like to see the ppl who accepted the case.... DEPORTED!!!!

Big Mike 10-12-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

nobody told those mercenary dogs to open fire.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
This needs to be looked into further before we sit here and pass judgement on Blackwater operatives.

How do any of us really know what went down that day, what these guys saw, heard, sensed, etc. that made them react the way they did? They are employed to guard American diplomats in a WAR ZONE where no one is really sure who's side who is on.

Everyone here in the States is just eating up whatever the liberal media tells them, and from what I've seen that is "Blackwater is a gang of bloodthirsty trigger-happy mercenaries" - Do you honestly believe these guys are over there running around looking to get into firefights? I seriously doubt it. These guys are trying to make a living with the skills they have, just like any of us.

Quote:

They were probably up to no good and got their azzez shot dead. Think you can trust any of them over there? It's you or them...you choose.
Sounds more believeable to me. These guys got caught at whatever they were up to and got lit up. Now they are smart enough to turn the tables on the group that foiled their plan and make money off of it to further their agenda. Do you honestly believe this Philadelphia law firm wants to "right a wrong" by taking this case? Yea, sure. They are motivated by the potential profit, plain and simple. All they see is a chance to sue a multi-million dollar company and pocket 25% of whatever they get...

JasonInAugusta 10-12-2007 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT40 (Post 880346)
But I honestly don't care what happens to Blackwater because nobody told those mercenary dogs to open fire.

When I applied for Blackwater the Rules of Engagement weren't what our military had to follow with the "Don't fire unless fired upon" crap.

Blackwater was hired by the US government to do the jobs that the military cannot do for fear of backlash...freakin' media is everywhere now.

The Rule of Engagement for Blackwater was "If something looks suspect, ventilate it."

Blackwater employees are Pros at what they do, I wouldn't be so quick to judge them.

The problem is that the enemy isn't in a uniform, they're dressed like everyone else in the area.

I didn't see a Saudi law firm sue the families of those that flew planes into the World Trade Center buildings on behalf of the thousands that died in the attack.

I know guys that have done time in a Federal prison after being hung out to dry by the same government that hired them. One of'm was left for dead twice.

This recent Blackwater BS is the same basic thing happening all over again. These guys are doing the job they were hired to do, then, when something hits the news, the Gov't "was unaware", "had no involvement", etc...and the guys from Blackwater will be the ones to pay the consequences instead of making the Gov't look bad.

Grizzly4x4 10-12-2007 09:34 AM

All I can say is don't trust the media to give the strait up story concerning both sides.

Reminds me of Vietnam where kids were thrown into no win situations not knowing who was the enemy and who was going to kill them. Then they come home to have people spit on them and call them baby killers.

Don't pass judgement or hand out penalties based on what the media says or what the government says went on without their knowledge. Watching the news, reading the paper, and reading website blogs doesn't make you informed.

JeremyH 10-12-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 880638)
All I can say is don't trust the media to give the strait up story concerning both sides.

Exactly!

jbrandt 10-12-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 880638)

Reminds me of Vietnam where kids were thrown into no win situations not knowing who was the enemy and who was going to kill them. Then they come home to have people spit on them and call them baby killers.

Don't pass judgement or hand out penalties based on what the media says or what the government says went on without their knowledge. Watching the news, reading the paper, and reading website blogs doesn't make you informed.

exactly! People talk about the "liberal" news spewing "facts" about how the war is bad and all that, but then you have Bill O. on the other side spewing his "fair and balanced" view points.

You have to take anything the media (it's NOT just 'liberals', you know)says with a huge grain of salt.

BJoe 10-12-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrandt (Post 880655)
exactly! People talk about the "liberal" news spewing "facts" about how the war is bad and all that, but then you have Bill O. on the other side spewing his "fair and balanced" view points.

You have to take anything the media (it's NOT just 'liberals', you know)says with a huge grain of salt.

You mean like the kid that was snatched by a pedophile that Orly said liked the situation of being held for 4 years and getting it from the guy:x