Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: From other areas of the sport?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default From other areas of the sport?

I have been seeing quite a few post about how people from other areas of RC are coming over to crawling. I was just interested in starting this thread to find out just how many there really are.

I find it very interesting and would like to see more reasons as to why this is the case.

Post away!
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Well I use to race on-road electric touring cars. I now only mess around with the crawlers. I raced a few years and decided I wanted to go slow for a while. I am thinking about racing the kyosho mini Zs though. They are alot of fun. I raced a little nitro, but not much.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

raced 1/10th modified sprint car for many years, and stadium trucks before you could buy one. Parts sat on the shelf for 8 years untill doubledub introduced me to RC crawling.........now IM hooked big time
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

raced my nitro rusty for a while. Bought a emaxx and loved how big it was and the 4wd got me so many places and from there I was like hey this is cool just what can I get over..
D-ran83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

RC crawling to me is still a side hobby.

Nitro MT is my main RC expense and fun. Very competitive and I will toot my horn and say I do well.

Also in the winter I run Indoor Electric Stadium Trucks on carpet with jumps. Great fun, mainly the people are nice.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i raced nitro monster trucks for about 4yrs, and got tired of see people getting mad about wrecks and what not, so i figured i try something different. so far so good, im hooked!
bigmike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:34 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I raced electric stadium trucks a long time ago... still rocking the RC10t that I bought as the newest and greatest thing. It's more of a basher... haven't raced in years. The RC10t gets stuck everywhere not on a track. Got a touring car... much faster, but grew tired of making hot laps around a parking lot.

Building a crawler now for the fun of building, and hopefully I'll enjoy the driving.
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Been doing the RC thing for 20 years now. Spent many years in and out of off road electric racing, a little time with touring cars, and now I focus on carwlers, but lately I've had the urge to put something on the track again. I still have a XXX, XXX-T, RC-10, RC-10T, and a Revo, so I may need to dust one off.
todd1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1803 View Post
Been doing the RC thing for 20 years now. Spent many years in and out of off road electric racing, a little time with touring cars, and now I focus on carwlers, but lately I've had the urge to put something on the track again. I still have a XXX, XXX-T, RC-10, RC-10T, and a Revo, so I may need to dust one off.
So do you compete Todd? Or do you just like to crawl? I find it interesting that some say they get bored just crawling things. Do you think the competition of actually running a course overrides that bordum?

Seems that if thats the case local clubs would do the sport some good by having more comps. Any opinions here?
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:11 PM   #10

I'm a puller through and through. I'm starting to get into this whole crawler thing though. I'm contemplating a scale trail/crawl rig. But, pulling will always be at the top of my list.
RCpullerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

technically I got into mud bogging rc's but crawling and boggers have huge things in common. I learnt everything I know about electric rc rigs here. i also have great nitro skill.
Abednego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #12
Sinking with the ship

I wouldnt say I left one side of rc to go to the crawling side, although I do really love crawling and probably get to go to more crawling comps then I do any other forms of RC competition.

I have been into RC since I was 9 (now 22) started with a black foot. I currently race in the NRCTPA, I race Clod Busters on Tweaked Racing Team and also do some pulling as well.

When it comes to crawling I am scale guy, not really into supers, I like them to look real.

I probably like to build more then anything though
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote