Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: funny stuck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 11:16 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekx65 View Post
Well looking at how deep the van is sunk it couldnt be any more than 8-10" deep. Now your telling me that me and a few friends couldnt lift a 4 wheeler 10" off the ground? When you out of grow your tricycle i'll take your comments serously.

I grew up around ('78 and '87 Beauvilles, plus our former neighbors had an '85 Rallye STX) and learned to drive on one of those (the '87 Beauville) and they have a good amount of ground clearance, very compairable to unibody Jeeps like the XJ, MJ, KJ, ZJ, and WJ even with stock tires or 29" tall ones like 235/75/15's on all vehicles. Cammok's looks like it was sunk up to the front subframe and "frame rails" (a stamped subframe connector really) on the front passenger side. Dad figured what the van and quad got stuck in was powdery river sand. I'm still curious as to what you used to get the van out though Cammok.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
I grew up around ('78 and '87 Beauvilles, plus our former neighbors had an '85 Rallye STX) and learned to drive on one of those (the '87 Beauville) and they have a good amount of ground clearance, very compairable to unibody Jeeps like the XJ, MJ, KJ, ZJ, and WJ even with stock tires or 29" tall ones like 235/75/15's on all vehicles. Cammok's looks like it was sunk up to the front subframe and "frame rails" (a stamped subframe connector really) on the front passenger side. Dad figured what the van and quad got stuck in was powdery river sand. I'm still curious as to what you used to get the van out though Cammok.
yup. it looked like hard back dirt ware the van was. i had to dig the a arm out so we could pull it backwords

this pulled the van out at the end of the day. a 2wd sport truck
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Wow, I'm suprised that type of Ram was enough, no offence intended of course. Was it on a hard surface for the pull? Come to think of it, some kind of limited slip would be nice to have in that van, both of ours had them from the factory.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:34 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

the ram was on so hard od dirt the tires were scretching as if it were on the road. no ofense taken the tires on the van are like 8yrs old, all dry rotted and bold. there on the todo list
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

When that time comes around, get a decent set of 235/75/15's, they should bump the ride height about an inch over what ever it had stock and fill in those wheel openings better too.