Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pics of My Dogs (56k warning)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Remember when Dirk came up with "Crawlerchick" and had everyone going?

Julie, who do you crawl with in the CT area?

i was thinkin that....
crawls2thewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #62
Rock Stacker

i havent crawled with anyone yet. its mostly me doing it solo. im not really part of any rc scene in my area... just a loner doing her thing.
julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie View Post
thats what i figured. i rather have my work criqued honestly then have someone trying to get on my good side cause im a girl in a male hobby. lol... my crawler sucks, but its aslo the first thing ive built from the ground up without a manual to tell me what goes where. i specalize in touring cars, so the change to crawlers is a welcome change of pace

Don't try and compare yourself to the masters that exist on this site.

Compare what you did to the vast majority of what's out there.

You did better than 50% of the people that frequent this site at least.

Maybe I embelished a little when I called them drool worthy, but still.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Good Lord!!! Look at that frickin' truck!! Sweet!

Quote:
single, not looking. ive been pretty happy being independent as of late... just me, the pups, and my hobbies. seems like my life is either spent at the bench or infront of the tv playing video games.
Man, that is too bad. Shut down again. You sound like you are right up my alley, too. Well, we can be friends I guess! (Girls seem to like telling me that for some reason)

Quote:
she is deaf in that ear and has very little hearing in the other ear. Its apparently common for white bull terriers.
Aww, poor girl. I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard that also about white terriers. I guess you have to just keep an eye on her so she does'nt go in the road and stuff.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #65
Rock Stacker

my work will get better with experence. right now its just about learning the basics and getting a understanding of the various methods of sticking to the rocks. its a basic truck with no bells and whistles of comp rigs, and its a test bed for me to experement so my next rig will be even better. mines crude right now since i dont believe in making nice stuff till the tests are done and everything is fitted and working properly. why waste the time making something nice only for it to not work the way you intended? i know that my 4link setup works great since i drove the rig half way up a wall with FWD only and the tires stayed planted till it was nearly sideways and rolled over. now that its fuctional, i can swap the links out for a set of arrow shaft ones that are "pretty" and ditch my test ones
Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #66
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
Aww, poor girl. I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard that also about white terriers. I guess you have to just keep an eye on her so she does'nt go in the road and stuff.
Yea, luckily we have 2 acres and an 800 foot private drive way. We have another one too, also a rescue, that has "ragging bull syndrome"...dealing with the deaf one is hard sometimes, but dealing the other when it wakes up from a dead sleep in a fit of rage is a whole different story and is not fun... But we love our dogs and cats (3 dogs, 3 cats) so we do what we have to do
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Yeah I figured like Unholy...PM box being full to the top.

I also like the quote, that is part of my next tattoo, or it was, now I feel like I have to change it!

I certainly wouldn't put Dirk Digler past lying...I've known him a long time back when he thought X-Factor nitro crawling was the "chit".
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

i got a small tat on the inside of my right wrist to hide some scarring. when i was 16 i broke both bones in my arm close to my wrist and had to have them patched back together and i still have the marks from where they cut into me, so i got a tat over it a month ago to hide it. it says "Fearless" in old english text to remind me of how strong i was when it came to going under the knife
Old 10-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
dealing the other when it wakes up from a dead sleep in a fit of rage is a whole different story
Wow, that's weird! God only knows what someone did to him in the past I guess.

My little heeler/terrier Jack was a rescue of sorts. He just showed up out of nowhere at my friends farm one day. A week later I took him home because I felt so sorry for him, and ended up having him for over 17 years. He was 7 to 9 months old approximately, and had been foully abused by some low-life oxygen thief. He was scared to death of anyone approaching him, especially with a hand out like to pet him. He'd cower on the floor, urinate uncontrollably, and actually cover his little face with one foreleg - because he was programmed to believe that a human hand coming his way was going to do nothing but hit him, period. He was scared to death of trashbags and cigarettes, too. I'm sure he was put inside trashbags and burned with cigarettes when he was young. I used to just break down and cry wondering what kind of bastard could treat a little 30 pound dog with such cruelty. It took me two or three months to get him to trust me, and another two YEARS at least before he would somewhat trust other people. It sort of backfired, because he became very fiercely loyal to me, to the point where he'd try to bite anyone who touched me or my belongings. So then I had to break him of THAT so he would'nt bite my friends just for shaking my hand or wanting to move my coat or backpack off the couch for a place to sit. It was a long road, but it was worth every second of it - because he ended up being the best friend I ever had.

Sorry - I've got to go wipe my eyes and blow my nose now...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
you guys have cute dogs
spoiled too.

She gets her organic Innova dog food
bottled water that goes into a fountain that filters it again and runs 24/7.
cranberry tablets for her urinary tract
oatmeal baths every saturday
she gets walked every morning and spends at least 3 saturdays a month at the park.
And of course she is always up to date with shots, heartworm preventative, frontline, etc.

Our first puppy died from parvo and we were heartbroken. We actually had him cremated and have his little urn in the living room.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:06 PM   #71
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
Wow, that's weird! God only knows what someone did to him in the past I guess.

My little heeler/terrier Jack was a rescue of sorts. He just showed up out of nowhere at my friends farm one day. A week later I took him home because I felt so sorry for him, and ended up having him for over 17 years. He was 7 to 9 months old approximately, and had been foully abused by some low-life oxygen thief. He was scared to death of anyone approaching him, especially with a hand out like to pet him. He'd cower on the floor, urinate uncontrollably, and actually cover his little face with one foreleg - because he was programmed to believe that a human hand coming his way was going to do nothing but hit him, period. He was scared to death of trashbags and cigarettes, too. I'm sure he was put inside trashbags and burned with cigarettes when he was young. I used to just break down and cry wondering what kind of bastard could treat a little 30 pound dog with such cruelty. It took me two or three months to get him to trust me, and another two YEARS at least before he would somewhat trust other people. It sort of backfired, because he became very fiercely loyal to me, to the point where he'd try to bite anyone who touched me or my belongings. So then I had to break him of THAT so he would'nt bite my friends just for shaking my hand or wanting to move my coat or backpack off the couch for a place to sit. It was a long road, but it was worth every second of it - because he ended up being the best friend I ever had.

Sorry - I've got to go wipe my eyes and blow my nose now...
Yea my other bull terrier , Terry, that has the raging bull syndrome is genetic issue. Basically, she can be sleeping and she'll jump up growling and barking and just having a fit and usually tries to attack Kuma :-( but I think he knows because he wont get nasty back with her. Basically we just have to keep yelling her name and then she snaps out of it, its like she gets into a trance.

can read about it here: http://www.cockerspanielrage.org.uk/whatisrage.htm

Sorry to hear about your pup, people do f'd up things to animals. At least there are some who give them a 2nd chance and make the best of it

-Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

i dont feed my dogs commercial food anymore. i have them on the b.a.r.f diet (google it), which is entirely natural and consists of feeding them raw meats, uncooked bones, and fish. i throw in veggies as well as give them vitamin suppliments in a Snausage. ive noticed improved energy in Pez as well as a shinier coat and less poop. he poos maybe once every 3 days on this diet, which is great. plus it is like dirt in a week or so and literally will disappear in the wind. Peppers allergies all disappeared when i put him on this diet as well, so no more expensive meds for him. i no longer need to brush their teeth either since the bones clean them naturally
Old 10-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #73
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
i dont feed my dogs commercial food anymore. i have them on the b.a.r.f diet (google it), which is entirely natural and consists of feeding them raw meats, uncooked bones, and fish. i throw in veggies as well as give them vitamin suppliments in a Snausage. ive noticed improved energy in Pez as well as a shinier coat and less poop. he poos maybe once every 3 days on this diet, which is great. plus it is like dirt in a week or so and literally will disappear in the wind. Peppers allergies all disappeared when i put him on this diet as well, so no more expensive meds for him. i no longer need to brush their teeth either since the bones clean them naturally
Our dogs have to be on a lamb and rice type food for allergies as well otherwise their coat gets weird their feet get red...Its more for the bull terriers then Kuma...they can be high maintenance.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Here are a few pictures of my pup
xxizzer421xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #75
TEAM RCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post

Kuma is the man
Good looking dog
Akita's are one of my favorite breeds.
I hope to get one some day!
CRF450R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #76
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I have been wanting to try the barf diet with my dog. She does get raw meats every now and then.

Here is my little baby, Gretel. She just hit 7 months and 60lbs. She has quite the character, very independent and protective already. The only bad habit she has is jumping up on new people, which I am trying to break with little success so far.
Attached Images

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 10-29-2007 at 02:29 PM.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #77
Rock Stacker

beautiful shep

i think my dobbie is a model citizen when it comes to dogs. he will stop what hes doing and come if i call him, even from across the park, he doesnt jump up on people, he'll sit or lay down if i stop walking, he only walks when i do... so when i stop, he'll stop too. he doesnt bark at all unless youre playing with him, hes very calm and quiet, hes not protective of any of his food or toys, and hes good when hes around people. whats amazing is i got him from a animal shelter. he was previously trained very well by someone else. ive modified how he acts a bit to better suit my lifestyle, but he took to it within a week. someone dropped him off at a kennel for what was suppose to be 3 days and the guy never came back. the kennel never heard from the guy again, so they held the dog 2 weeks the moved him to a shelter. at this point my friend called me (she volenteers at the shelter) and told me to come see the new arrival, and when i got there i was greeted by a 65lb doberman. since i had a min pin, she figured id like his distant cousin. i took him home the following morning and hes been a loving pet ever since
Old 10-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #78
Rock Stacker

This is my Pup. His name is River, and he's one of the biggest mutts you will ever meet in your life. Every vet we take him too says he has over fifteen breeds, and they didn't even look closely. Sadly he's come to the later part of his years. He has been blind in his right eye since youth, and has bumped into a lot of items over these years. You can't help but laugh, it gets cute sometimes; never gets hurt and just keeps on prancin'.

Sorry, that's the only picture I have. His tail curls up, and is all fuzzy. God-forbid when he passes, I'd like to keep it as a luck charm. Kind of like that rabbits foot thing..
Donziikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

These are the turd hounds that I'm stuck with.

2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
still a puppy but just bigger and she thinks she's a lapdog

boxers never grow out of that man..

get used to it...
crawls2thewalls is offline   Reply With Quote