Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Some Big Changes At RCP Crawlers, Inc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Some Big Changes At RCP Crawlers, Inc

It has been a great year for RCP Crawlers and the future looks very promising. The company has gone well beyond expectations and we have decided to take it to the next level. Over the weekend we moved the shop to a new and much larger location. The new home is Upland, California. At the new location, you will see some new additions and faces at RCP Crawlers.

The new shop provides 3 times the space for inventory as well as a large area for manufacturing and R&D. With the new inventory warehouse, the company will be able to serve the online customers and dealers with much more efficiency. With the large amount of orders that come in each day, the inventory levels go out of stock very quickly. The new space will allow room so inventory levels can stay constant and dealer accounts can be filled at the same rate.

R&D is a big part of RCP Crawlers. The new facility allows room for a CC machine and other manufacturing equipment. The company is looking to start manufacturing parts in-house very soon. This will allow a much faster turn around with new products as well as a stronger quality control.

There is a store front at the new location and RCP Crawlers plans to open up a Hobby store at the new warehouse. Those living in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas will be able to come down and purchase products direct. They will also be able to test out some of the new products on hand on the RCP Crawlers modular mountain display.

RCP Crawlers is bringing in a new person to help with shipping as well as a few new faces to help out with R&D. Look for many new RCP Crawler product releases as the increased staff will be a big help to relieve the overwhelming work coming in each day. There will most likely be a press release shortly regarding the hiring of a new partner with the company.

As many of you already know, I own and operate a pro modular racetrack business called RCP Tracks. We manufacture modular race tracks for the RC industry and distribute them in over 35 countries around the world. We also design and build custom rock crawling displays and race tracks for many of the big trade shows throughout the US. The track business already takes up about 50% of my time each week. I am taking on some new projects in addition to the track business and unfortunately have no time to contribute to RCP Crawlers at the level it needs. As of last Friday, I have stepped down from my current position with RCP Crawlers and will be venturing out to work on some new projects. I am proud to have been apart of the creation of the company and helping to bring it to the high level it is today. I am very confident the company will continue with its great success and will continue to provide the crawling products you want to see.

Although I am stepping down from RCP Crawlers, I will still be involved with RC Crawling at some level. I have some outstanding crawling projects that I would like to bring to market and I will continue to help out with the rock crawling mountain displays at US trade shows and large events. I still plan to be an active member of rccrawler.com and will chime in as much as possible. If you would like to contact me in the future, feel free to PM or email me through member RCP.

Best regards,
John Billig
RCP Tracks, Inc

Last edited by Rockpiledriver; 10-28-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
Keep it real

Thanks for all you've done to further this hobby so far, John. I appreciate it. Good luck on your new ventures.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
MODERATOR™

Good luck indeed!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #4
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

need any help I'm looking for a new job I will work for crawler parts
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

wow thats good news, now i can finally get me a set of copper alloy spools.

i know you folks should do great at you new location. thanks to all at RCP tracks and crawlers.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:54 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Good luck in your new endeavors, John.

Thanks for bringing us RCP...it has pushed the Crawling hobby to the next level.

John

Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:01 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Very cool! I look forward to dropping by when the shop is ready. Best wishes for your future success.
SalManilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:42 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for everything John.

Looking forward to seeing the new digs.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 AM   #9
Sinking with the ship

Hope all goes as planned John, thanks for all the great customer service. I am looking forward to seeing RCPs new products. Good luck with the new location guys
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:24 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Thanks everyone!

We got moved in and set up Friday and Saturday. We are ready to go, and all orders placed over the weekend will ship today as usual.

The new facility will allow us to get more orders shipped in an even faster time than before, and we now have the space, like John said, to increase our on-shelf inventory levels.

We have a bunch of new stuff going up on the site this week. Be sure to check out the front page of www.rcpcrawlers.com to see what's new.

Thanks again to the entire RCC community for your support through our first year. It's just the beginning!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #11
I joined the Band!

Default Address?

Do you folks have a physical address?
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcoffee View Post
Do you folks have a physical address?
Sure do.

RCP Crawlers Inc.
1146 W. 9th St.
Upland, Ca 91786
Old 10-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #13
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Sure do.

RCP Crawlers Inc.
1146 W. 9th St.
Upland, Ca 91786
Thanks Rockpiledriver,

I have family in Placentia just south of you folks. so we will be down around Christmas time. Have any idea as to when you will have the storefront/rock crawling course open to the public?
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcoffee View Post
Thanks Rockpiledriver,

I have family in Placentia just south of you folks. so we will be down around Christmas time. Have any idea as to when you will have the storefront/rock crawling course open to the public?
The store front is technically open now allthough it is not fully set-up yet. Either way, if someone wants to come by and pick up stuff they can.

It will be at least a few weeks before we get around to setting up the crawling area.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

As far as I'm concerned, your shipping was already blazing fast, and much appreciated! Great Customer Service as well!

I only now wish I could stop by and see the new place, but thats a bit of a drive Sounds like a great new setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Thanks everyone!

We got moved in and set up Friday and Saturday. We are ready to go, and all orders placed over the weekend will ship today as usual.

The new facility will allow us to get more orders shipped in an even faster time than before, and we now have the space, like John said, to increase our on-shelf inventory levels.

We have a bunch of new stuff going up on the site this week. Be sure to check out the front page of www.rcpcrawlers.com to see what's new.

Thanks again to the entire RCC community for your support through our first year. It's just the beginning!
gr33nlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr33nlite View Post
As far as I'm concerned, your shipping was already blazing fast, and much appreciated! Great Customer Service as well!

I only now wish I could stop by and see the new place, but thats a bit of a drive Sounds like a great new setup
Thanks alot! I'll get some pics once we have everything finished.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #17
PapaGriz Yo

Good luck to John in his endeavors.

Congrats to you Brian and the rest of RCP Crawlers on your success, sounds like lots of really cool things going on in the future.

When I take the kids to Disneyland next spring, hopefully we can stop by and see the shop.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Good luck to John in his endeavors.

Congrats to you Brian and the rest of RCP Crawlers on your success, sounds like lots of really cool things going on in the future.

When I take the kids to Disneyland next spring, hopefully we can stop by and see the shop.
We're going to Disneyland?!?!?! Whooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go RCP! You guys deserve the best because you are the best!!!
I hope to come and Dirktify your new place soon!
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Congrats on all the growth, I'm glad to see it. Couldn't have happened to a better group of guys.

Your service is always great and the shipping fantastic. I'm glad to be a customer.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

congrats to all involved. now i can pick my items up at the storefront. because when i get hobby products shipped to the house, my wife smash's and kick's the boxes before she throws them at me

if there is pizza and beer served in the store, i'll be there in 5 minutes
TREE68 is offline   Reply With Quote