RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Who Makes Good Fast RC Motors? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/91547-who-makes-good-fast-rc-motors.html)

BGGruff 11-10-2007 03:03 PM

Who Makes Good Fast RC Motors?

I'm getting ready to order a motor for the Shelby and I need to know who makes a good 19T motor that doesn't need any extras when you buy it and doesn't cost an arm and a leg."thumbsup"

4u2nv 11-10-2007 03:11 PM

I've used a Reedy spec 19 Quad before like this one...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Reedy-Spec-19T-Q...QQcmdZViewItem
I used it in a Rustler and it went pretty good.

I try to only run brushless now though.... It's cheaper in the long run.

getsideways 11-10-2007 03:13 PM

i dont use one but i have heard excellent things from the Checkpoint Money motor

julie 11-10-2007 03:28 PM

i had a Associated LRP GT3 double wind 19T in my rally car for the longest time. had excellent performance for the price (around $25)

mississippirocs 11-10-2007 04:22 PM

I have a 20 turn that Ill let you have when we get up for some crawlin. I dont think that you'll be able to beat the price of free with free delivery!

slobin3d 11-10-2007 04:22 PM

I had a fantom 11t that I loved"thumbsup"

http://www.fantomracing.com/

BGGruff 11-10-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mississippirocs (Post 917061)
I have a 20 turn that Ill let you have when we get up for some crawlin. I dont think that you'll be able to beat the price of free with free delivery!

And the winner is!"thumbsup" Are we still on for tomorrow? Thanks everyone for your input! I'm gonna put a lower turn motor in it with a 25T pinion. That should give it a little more umph! I'm also ordering the HPI Vintage tire and wheel set now too so I'll post up pics of it all together. I'll even put the rear on just for you dieselfuel (just in case you read this!):lol:

BGGruff 11-10-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie (Post 917019)
i had a Associated LRP GT3 double wind 19T in my rally car for the longest time. had excellent performance for the price (around $25)

I like the sounds of this too. I always wondered if LRP makes good motors. I'm using one of their AI Runner ESC's in the Scorpion and I like it! Thanks."thumbsup"

julie 11-10-2007 04:59 PM

eventually it fell apart though. mostly cause i beat the hell out of the rally car and ran into a curb with so much force that the bell end of the motor popped right now. thats my own fault though since i failed to reinstalled it properly. there great lil motors though... i saw the rally do around 30mph or so with a full charge on a 1500mah stick pack. im gonna rebuild the GT3 and put it back in the rally i think. just needs new brushes and some new leads

BGGruff 11-10-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie (Post 917105)
eventually it fell apart though. mostly cause i beat the hell out of the rally car and ran into a curb with so much force that the bell end of the motor popped right now. thats my own fault though since i failed to reinstalled it properly. there great lil motors though... i saw the rally do around 30mph or so with a full charge on a 1500mah stick pack. im gonna rebuild the GT3 and put it back in the rally i think. just needs new brushes and some new leads

Sounds like me. I beat the hell out of everything...but I'm constantly changing things around so you never know what I'll be running from one minute to the next. I want a Rally Car too! I want so many RC's it's not even funny. I just don't know a whole lot about the Car part of the hobby. Sounds like you could school me on some stuff. Thanks for the input!"thumbsup"

julie 11-10-2007 05:25 PM

touring cars is my speciality. i have a hpi rs4 rally and a team associated tc3

chaman 11-10-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGGruff (Post 917075)
And the winner is!"thumbsup" Are we still on for tomorrow? Thanks everyone for your input! I'm gonna put a lower turn motor in it with a 25T pinion. That should give it a little more umph! I'm also ordering the HPI Vintage tire and wheel set now too so I'll post up pics of it all together. I'll even put the rear on just for you dieselfuel (just in case you read this!):lol:

Get the 31mm wheels all around!"thumbsup"

BGGruff 11-10-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie (Post 917154)
touring cars is my speciality. i have a hpi rs4 rally and a team associated tc3

Yea since I got this one for my wife I now want one for myself. I like Tamiya but I've had my eye on some of the HPI's. Whatcha think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaman (Post 917164)
Get the 31mm wheels all around!"thumbsup"

You think so. I was gonna get the 26mm in front and the 31mm in the rear.

chaman 11-10-2007 05:41 PM

I love the look of a fat wheel in the front. Staggered looks good too.

BGGruff 11-10-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaman (Post 917196)
I love the look of a fat wheel in the front. Staggered looks good too.

I agree. The wife likes the staggered look. It looks more like the muscle street cars of the day.

BGGruff 11-10-2007 06:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple of pics of the maiden voyage today. She had to get used to driving it but she burnt up a 3300 Venom stick pack in like 20 mins doing full speed donuts in the cul de sac.:lol:

slobin3d 11-10-2007 06:33 PM

drop the body a notch or 2"thumbsup" looks good though

julie 11-10-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGGruff (Post 917184)
Yea since I got this one for my wife I now want one for myself. I like Tamiya but I've had my eye on some of the HPI's. Whatcha think?

hpi doesnt really make a electric touring car that i like anymore. its mostly just beginner cars and drift stuff. if you want a good hpi touring car, find a rally rs4 or get a pro 4

team associate continues to make excellent products so if you wanna race, check them out. my tc3 dominates parking lot racing around here... if i upgraded to a tc4, id outrun them that much better

tamiya has lots of excellent chassis. prices are right too, not to mention some of the cool body options they have

BGGruff 11-10-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie (Post 917281)
hpi doesnt really make a electric touring car that i like anymore. its mostly just beginner cars and drift stuff. if you want a good hpi touring car, find a rally rs4 or get a pro 4

team associate continues to make excellent products so if you wanna race, check them out. my tc3 dominates parking lot racing around here... if i upgraded to a tc4, id outrun them that much better

tamiya has lots of excellent chassis. prices are right too, not to mention some of the cool body options they have

Thanks again for the tips. I'm looking at getting anoth Tamiya TT01 kit with the Mercedes Vodafone Body kit and then I'm going to get the 190MM Lotus Elise Body for it. I've always had a thing for Lotus.

BGGruff 11-10-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slobin3d (Post 917260)
drop the body a notch or 2"thumbsup" looks good though

I'm planning on bigger tires and wheels so I might not drop it. It just depends on how well they fit in the wells. Thanks for the compliments!