cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Mine is!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Ive shooped there a few times at my local one, didnt have a problem, I just like my other lhs better!!
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

if theres someone there that shares your hobby yes...like Dez said we have a good one only because there are a few guys that work there that actually like crawling and racing...so it all depends on the people...
ROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The one here in grand blanc Mi. is awsome they carry a lot of different stuff from surface to air to water
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

the only problem with mine is they dont carry tamiya option parts
NoblesvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Mine is pretty good, though some more small parts would be better. If they don't carry what you want ask them too. Mine is great about that.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #8
RCC Addict

The local one here BLOWS!!!!

It truly is the only LHS here, so I do everything I can to give them as much business as possible, but WOW, 90% of the time they couldn't give a rat's a$$ about their customers. What pisses me off the most about them is that they won't even begin to look through their parts to see if anything they have will work for you. I know it is awkward when "crawler" people show up and aren't looking for a particular part for a specific RC, but come on, give us 2 minutes of your time and you may win a customer. I go in looking for non-specific items like "generic body posts," "shocks about 3.5-4" long," or "generic servo mounts".........and the idiots behind the counter look at me in amazement. All their little minds can come up with is "for what vehicle?" If they can't look it up on their computer and go grab it in less than a minute, they really have no ambition to help at all.

I can almost guarantee that in that store is loads of items I would have been happy as can be to walk out with, but I never had the chance to because the guy behind the counter couldn't find a part number for it. I would have probably spent 10 times what I have there if someone would take a couple minutes to look through their items (and actually listen to me). Seems like the guys behind the counter would rather not have the item and have me leave without spending a penny, than help me and me spend lots of dough.

I have spent much more on RC at Lowe's than I have at HobbyTown.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post

It truly is the only LHS here, so I do everything I can to give them as much business as possible, but WOW, 90% of the time they couldn't give a rat's a$$ about their customers. What pisses me off the most about them is that they won't even begin to look through their parts to see if anything they have will work for you. I know it is awkward when "crawler" people show up and aren't looking for a particular part for a specific RC, but come on, give us 2 minutes of your time and you may win a customer. I go in looking for non-specific items like "generic body posts," "shocks about 3.5-4" long," or "generic servo mounts".........and the idiots behind the counter look at me in amazement. All their little minds can come up with is "for what vehicle?" If they can't look it up on their computer and go grab it in less than a minute, they really have no ambition to help at all.

I can almost guarantee that in that store is loads of items I would have been happy as can be to walk out with, but I never had the chance to because the guy behind the counter couldn't find a part number for it. I would have probably spent 10 times what I have there if someone would take a couple minutes to look through their items (and actually listen to me). Seems like the guys behind the counter would rather not have the item and have me leave without spending a penny, than help me and me spend lots of dough.

mine here is completely different, there is only one guy into crawling there but the other guys will help to the best of their knowledge and will take the time to find something that will work!! they have even let customers behind the parts counter to look for parts their self!!
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_crawler View Post
mine here is completely different, there is only one guy into crawling there but the other guys will help to the best of their knowledge and will take the time to find something that will work!! they have even let customers behind the parts counter to look for parts their self!!
Yea, I can see that. I think all the local stores are franchised, so the service will be all over the place from store to store. The Richmond store just sucks though. If you walk in with a Maxx or Savage, they will help you all day long...........but anything else, they seem clueless.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yea, I can see that. I think all the local stores are franchised, so the service will be all over the place from store to store. The Richmond store just sucks though. If you walk in with a Maxx or Savage, they will help you all day long...........but anything else, they seem clueless.
yeah when i went in there all they were working on weere svages or t-maxxes and thats all they have. ive been there a few times and one of the times i asked for a diff gear for a rc18 and they were like um we dont have that but other they are good like right now they are trying to see whet to do with my batt that had a bad cell so im waiting for the call
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I couldnt have said it better, I don't even have to type anything. Mine is the SAME exact way they just want part #'s and no part of helping you out otherwise. I sent a friend of mine there he called and asked about a mamba maxx esc they asked what a esc was..
D-ran83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:38 PM   #13
I joined the Band!

I agree 100% with Robb. Ours here in GA is the same way, atleast it is everytime my parents and I go in there. You can ask for a part and they will just look at you and shake their heads. Then you can go look on the wall and get it.
xr100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Location: Ramstein Air Base Germany ...ya Ive been Ramshafted

The one here in Spokane WA Is great in my oppinion! Always happy to help, look for stuff, let me go behind the counter for hours to find what I need or sift through the bearings for the right size. They know me by name, when I walk in the door its always "hey Shawn hows it going" Ive walked in and saw a bigazzz heli hanging from the cealing and said hey I want that ok $20......sold It was worth way more!! Im very impressed with ours! I get a hell of a discount and they are more than happy to research and order anything I need! And they call me when it shows up every time.

CCFBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Damn Robb!

You sure you don't live in K-town???

I run Tamiya Clod axles on my Super, & Tamiya TLT axles on my 2.2 ...

The last time I mentioned TAMIYA in H.T., The "kid" chuckled & said; "we don't & probably won't stock anything Tamiya!"

Also whenever we ask for parts, W/ the part # in hand; they still want to know what it's going on....?!
If we tell 'em we're using Revo turnbuckles on TLT axles, all of a sudden they don't have 'em (even though we can see them, right behind the guy), or we get a lesson on how they won't work...

All we want, is what we asked for..!

I understand about theft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But.....
Alot of times we have to look at stuff (finger through it), to see if it'll work w/ our application.
There is NO WAY of doing that at the K-Town H.T..

At Rick's; Everything is where you can see/touch it!
There are a few things in cases or behind the counter but...
They'll show it to you w/o hesitation (it don't matter why you need it)! 8-)

Part of the problem at H.T. is there are way more customers than cashiers.
Therefore, we have to wait in a sloooooooooooow moving line till the guy can't SELL anymore.
And, God forbid you need help but, "your only looking" (talk about pissing salespeople off)..!

For now I'll stick w/ online shopping or another LHS!
I just know when to walk away...
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:53 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Mine is just the same, I worked there for a year, tried my hardest to make it a better place, but in the end I quit because the place is so poorly managed and executed it just made me want to scream.
Soya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #17
RCC Addict

I have the greatest hobby town that always is quick to help and has parts that us crawlers want. this is the littleton store i am referring too. and these are franchised so all the expierinces will vary but mine has been good
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #18
MODERHATER™

Our local Hobbytown has really supportive to crawling, they threw down I believe close to $500 in gift certificates in our last summer series. Plus anything you want or suggest, they are more than willing to get it in fo us!

THANK YOU HOBBYTOWN AND TURTLE!!!!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

My LHS is right here at RCC!
chaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

The hobbytowns around these parts are pretty good. The people are usually very helpful and pretty cool to talk too.
Mello_Yello is offline   Reply With Quote