RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   New Rock Crawlers for 2008 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/97303-new-rock-crawlers-2008-a.html)

John 12-23-2007 11:21 AM

New Rock Crawlers for 2008

I know of two trucks for sure and one a good possibility.

What is your predictions on which RC hobby manufacturer is introducing something new for 2008.

What do you think some of the features could be?

edit: I know there will be many, many new products from the smaller vendors here at rccrawler.com. I am looking for your predictions from those more or less on the outside of this forum, who may currently manufacture or plan to enter the crawling market, by coming out with a new truck or accessory.

yotachump 12-23-2007 11:33 AM

hopefully the Kyosho Rock Force"thumbsup":lol:

theshimonator 12-23-2007 11:37 AM

I'm hoping for something like a 1:30 or something similar crawler like the rc heli's and micro-t's and stuff. And maybe more rtr crawlers.

crawl rookie 12-23-2007 11:54 AM

i'm hoping for the end of RTR crawlers, i think it kills the real RCC spririt a bit:-(

-maybe the comeback of sprung set ups and canti's(microgoat;-))
-Even more powerfull servos and cheaper powerfull ones
-better BL outrunners and stronger brushed motors:)

-people that build crawlers instead of bying all the parts;-) No offense
-The comeback of the super class trucks!"thumbsup"

MERYY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEWYEAR! "thumbsup"8)

ThinkTank 12-23-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotachump (Post 976314)
hopefully the Kyosho Rock Force"thumbsup":lol:

X2

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 976305)
I know of two for sure and one a good possibility.

What is your predictions on which RC hobby manufacturer is introducing something new for 2008.

What do you think some of the features could be?

14'er Kits?
New tires from Panther?
JRH's new motor?
Cowbell?

HndsWthtShdws 12-23-2007 11:58 AM

I would love a desktop/living room crawler.

YoUnG_vErSiOn 12-23-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawl rookie (Post 976334)

Keep an eye out this is gonna happen real soon, Holmes Hobbies has a bunch of stuff on deck.

toyofast 12-23-2007 12:00 PM

- I predict that Losi will have something similar to the WK, more basher related than crawler like the AX-10.
- Big trucks will make a return and 2004 will start all over again!! 17"-18" WB with narrowed Kongs able to drive over anything!!!!!!

jaxcoffee 12-23-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawl rookie (Post 976334)
i'm hoping for the end of RTR crawlers, i think it kills the real RCC spririt a bit:-(

-maybe the comeback of sprung set ups and canti's(microgoat;-))
-Even more powerfull servos and cheaper powerfull ones

-people that build crawlers instead of bying all the parts;-) No offense
-The comeback of the super class trucks!"thumbsup"

MERYY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEWYEAR! "thumbsup"8)

I would have to agree with this. Home spun inovation is what I believe will keep this hobby alive.

We are looking forward to introducing some inovative ideas this next year, which we hope will peak more interest, and grap the attention of those that may be able to take this area if RC mainstream.

Stay tuned!"thumbsup" Good things are on the way.

John 12-23-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by young_version (Post 976339)
Keep an eye out this is gonna happen real soon, Holmes Hobbies has a bunch of stuff on deck.

There will be many, many new products from those vendors on the inside. I was looking at crawler predictions more for those manufacturers on the outside of rccrawler.com.

MOCRAWLER 12-23-2007 01:03 PM

You mean, there is life outside of RCC??:shock:

John 12-23-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOCRAWLER (Post 976398)
You mean, there is life outside of RCC??:shock:

I know, it's hard to imagine. If there wasn't, we wouldn't have the AX10, rock claws, Proline beadlocks or the other trucks that are set to hit the market in 2008.;-)

Jamus 12-23-2007 01:15 PM

A new super class tire or 2 would be nice, something to give moabs some competition. But that will only happen if there is a resurgence in super class interest. I'll second or third the home brew ideas vs. RTR too.

Stormin2u 12-23-2007 01:59 PM

There will be one new out of the box truck besides Kyosho. It's a over the top machine with the all the got to haves including dig not aimed at beginners but serious competitors and it's from someone who does it right with great support.

Someone smart will bring a heavy duty dig collar kit to the market based on a drive shaft application so that it could be used with any tranny.

I think that there will be lots of new tires trying to challenge Losi's dominate Rock Claws.

There will be more crawler based bodies dovetailed and narrowed, Grappler style that won't need to be over trimmed to work well.

Lastly the number of new people coming to the hobby/sport will explode in 2008. Pushing local clubs to take steps to manage the larger comps more efficiently based on getting larger numbers threw in a reasonable time frame.

jcnalley 12-23-2007 02:04 PM

I think Losi will come out with a crawler.Losi is known for their vehicles,so it seems odd that they have produced the Claws and Grappler with no vehicle to put it on.

Harley 12-23-2007 02:08 PM

3 trucks that are at least crawler worthy (some maybe kits some RTR).

3 tires that will rival the Rock Claws.

A new axle kit and transmission kit.

Several new bodies.

Of course these are all just a guess....................kinda.

I don't think RTR will ruin the hobby. It will bring some annoying newbs in like the AX-10 has but if you want new parts and new ideas you need a wider market. So get over your RTR will ruin us crying :lol:

Rat1 12-23-2007 03:59 PM

More RTRs and ARTRs are good for the industry actually. They bring more of the younger generation into the hobby. Along with more people in the hobby it brings out more custom stuff. Think about it. People can buy stock crawlers and tear them up then tear them down and come up with ways to make them better. Not everyone has the tools and time required to hand fab total custom crawlers. It is nice to beable to purchase something to play with while you are fabbing things up. Kinda takes all the fun out of the hobby if you have no toy to play with until all the fab work is done.

Just like RC aircraft. I started out with some RTF parkzone birds and went on to ARTF kits, then ful kits. The next step is just working off of plans and doing all the cutting and sanding myself.

It was the RTF stuff that got me and many others started.

davway 12-23-2007 04:05 PM

Kyosho
Losi

TOYUTAH 12-23-2007 04:39 PM

I think if losi doesn't do a crawler I could see traxxas maybe doing a wheely king type rig.

Stuff I would REALLY like to see is a mini crawler, like 1/24 -1/27, that way we could just use model car bodies. Or at the least some axles for a mini (RC4WD are you there?) :) I would also really like to see some affordable 1.9s, like axials. Or maybe even a new line of 1.6s!

TerribleOne 12-23-2007 05:20 PM

I see a few new kits being released. Losi will most likely bring out a kit similar to the WK/AX. From the same cheap chinese manufacture, just something they can slap there name on. Yokomo hopefully will step up, we have seen a few concepts. They seem to follow trends well, this will be another.

Tires, shit we had alot this year, I expect atleast 4-5 big contenders for 08 in 2.2. Very little for super.

New bodys, thin and small.

Tamiya will stay scale, I dont see the tlt style rig ever coming back. They waited too long to release a crawler.