Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Your thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Your thoughts

I bought a scale chassis from a vender on here on Dec. 10th it was suppose to be "In stock I have one left" so I went ahead and bought it....the cost was suppose to be $90 but I wanted it drilled and tapped for leafs, so I was going to kick in another $10.....

I ask when its gonna ship a couple days later and am told "I broke my tap off and I gotta get another chassis made so just send the paypal for $90 and we are even

So I go ahead and send payment because the new chassis was suppose to be there in a couple days, I wait until a few days before christmas and am told the machinist is out of town, He will be back after christmas, So I wait and send another message last night, I get the same response that it will be a few more days and "the price of materials has went up and he asked if I would send $20 more?

I have worked in the steel industry for a couple years and find it hard to justify a $20 price jump on an item this small.....I've already waited 3 weeks for my chassis that was suppose to be in the mail in a couple days.....what would you do in a situation like this? Should I just suck it up and send more money for something thats paid for?
5150 Krawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Stick to the agreed upon $90.

If not, cancel the deal.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

dont send anymore money, more money you send in a deal like this is the more money you lose
savageracer312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I felt the same way and wondered why a vendor would even ask something like this?
Old 12-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85toykrawler View Post
I bought a scale chassis from a vender on here on Dec. 10th it was suppose to be "In stock I have one left" so I went ahead and bought it....the cost was suppose to be $90 but I wanted it drilled and tapped for leafs, so I was going to kick in another $10.....

I ask when its gonna ship a couple days later and am told "I broke my tap off and I gotta get another chassis made so just send the paypal for $90 and we are even

So I go ahead and send payment because the new chassis was suppose to be there in a couple days, I wait until a few days before christmas and am told the machinist is out of town, He will be back after christmas, So I wait and send another message last night, I get the same response that it will be a few more days and "the price of materials has went up and he asked if I would send $20 more?

I have worked in the steel industry for a couple years and find it hard to justify a $20 price jump on an item this small.....I've already waited 3 weeks for my chassis that was suppose to be in the mail in a couple days.....what would you do in a situation like this? Should I just suck it up and send more money for something thats paid for?
Next they will ask you to come and pick it up in Niger... I... don't... love the smell of scam in the morning... cancel and runaway...
Coligny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
I'm a stupid C U N T!

you agreed on $90 its not you're fault he "broke" you're chassis, as I see it he owes you a chassis you already paid for no questions asked
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'd stick to the agreed deal...$90 + $10 for tap and drill.If the vendor wants more,I would ask for a refund,go elsewhere,and PM the info to the site moderators.
jcnalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #8
On the lookout for Rocks

Pull the plug on the deal now.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

JUST SAY THE NAME OF THE VENDOR ,you lost $100:-(:-(
iwanttocrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #10
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttocrawl View Post
JUST SAY THE NAME OF THE VENDOR ,you lost $100:-(:-(
I would hold off on that until you get a chance to let the vendor know you're plans on the deal so he doesn't get blind sided, and has a chance to right his wrong
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Pull the plug on the deal now.

Agreed.

A good vendor would refund your money, not ask for more ...
Highmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #12

Sounds shady
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Agreed.

A good vendor would refund your money, not ask for more ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXcrawler View Post
Sounds shady
O hell yea!!
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

It all depends on who the vendor is. I would stick to the 90 that he told you. I know you offered the extra 10 for the drilling and tapping but since the chassis is going to be longer then project, the vendor said to just send the 90 bucks rather then the 100. Now he is asking for 20 more because of the cost of materials. NOPE, not your fault that materials went up. There is already an agreed upon price and you need to stick with it.

Now this all depends on the vendor. There are very good vendors and some that are just a tad below normal when it comes to some things.

If it is one of the very good vendors then I would give him the chance. The other ones, I would be looking for a full refund at best.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #15
R.I.P. Chip

Hey 85toykrawler, please pm me the info on this vendor, I will look into it for you.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:53 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I would ask for a refund asap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1 View Post
If it is one of the very good vendors then I would give him the chance. The other ones, I would be looking for a full refund at best.
If this were a "very good" or just a "good" vendor he wouldn't be having this problem. Any time your dealing with custom parts you can run into problems and that should be considered when you order. When he asks for more money he has screwed up somewhere and is trying to make the customer pay for it......Bad vendor!

Last edited by BigBoy; 12-29-2007 at 03:56 AM.
BigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Guys first there is the fact that he asked for a determined amount, and a shipping date, i do undertsand that sometimes life just gets in the way, a couple days of late shipment is not a deal breaker, most of the time, but what i don't definetly like is the extra $ he is asking for finishing a deal that was already agreed upon, unless 85toy was asking for more work done to the chassis that was initially agreed upon, i think this vendor should get some feedback for this deal.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:56 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Couple days late would be no big deal but it has been over 10 days and it still has not been shipped. That is a deal breaker by my standards. Then the vendor wants 20 dollars more becuase his cost on materials went up?????

If anything the vendor should be offering a reduced price or a full refund due to not being able to meet the agreement that was made at the begining of the deal.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:08 AM   #19
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1 View Post
Couple days late would be no big deal but it has been over 10 days and it still has not been shipped. That is a deal breaker by my standards. Then the vendor wants 20 dollars more becuase his cost on materials went up?????

If anything the vendor should be offering a reduced price or a full refund due to not being able to meet the agreement that was made at the begining of the deal.

^^^^what he said^^^^^
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Got my chassis today, I need a mod to move this to the feedback section, I must say that I am fully pi$$ed off, Im gonna let the cat out of the bag, the vendor was clodstall.

None of the leaf mounts were drilled and tapped out for my jugg leaves like they were suppose to be, and I get a Fu(king skid plate that is made from a piece of wood Are you fu(king joking me, I will break a chinsy wood skid tranny mount in about 5 seconds and what happens when it gets wet?

I wait 3 extra weeks because you broke your tap, and then I get a chassis that is not what I paid for with a wood skid

thanks TONY

sincerely
-Dennis