Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ufc 79

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 12:56 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Glad Chuck won, Hughes got DEMOLISHED by GSP. If Serra would have fought, I think he would have beat Hughes too. Hughes needs to retire, he's done... and Wanderlei Silvia has a tough chin... he took some shots from Chuck that would have made some people take a mat nap...
racer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #22
RCC Addict

I was suprised to see Liddell come out with the win, the last couple fights i have seen him in, he was overwhelmed. Wanderlei can take a punch, that is for sure, he took a bunch that would have finished alot of other guys. The GSP-Hughes fight was pretty much what i predicted-GSP fully owned Hughes. He made Hughes look like a rookie, using Hughes trademark ground and pund against him. GSP is the most dangerous fighter in UFC, and i dont think Matt Serra has a chance against GSP. GSP is just too good in every aspect, plus he is just an incredible athlete. Serra should be scared
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dittohead View Post
I was suprised to see Liddell come out with the win, the last couple fights i have seen him in, he was overwhelmed. Wanderlei can take a punch, that is for sure, he took a bunch that would have finished alot of other guys. The GSP-Hughes fight was pretty much what i predicted-GSP fully owned Hughes. He made Hughes look like a rookie, using Hughes trademark ground and pund against him. GSP is the most dangerous fighter in UFC, and i dont think Matt Serra has a chance against GSP. GSP is just too good in every aspect, plus he is just an incredible athlete. Serra should be scared
I wouldnt say the Queen of Mean overwhelmed Chuck, he just took the fight lightly.

Serra got lucky against St. Pierre. GSP slipped and got caught. I wouldnt say Hughes needs to retire, GSP is a bad match for him, he's faster, a damn good wrestler, and much better stand up. I think Hughes would still beat Serra's ass and would love to see it.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I can't wait to see Jon Fitch VS GSP! That is going to be an awesome match if it ever happens!
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
Chuck Liddell as well as Tim Silvia have Skills unmatched in the real world.
Chuck is good, I will agree to that, but Tim Silvia is just big, thats it. If he was 6 inches shorter and had less reach he would never win as many fights as he has. He is just a lumux. I almost hate watching the Heavyweights anymore, I was very exited to see randy come back and give us some good fights to watch but if I have to sit through 25 minutes of Tim Silvias "hug and shrug" style I think I will puke.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I'm with ya on that. If that inbred POS fights Cheick Kongo like he wants that will be the most boring fight....I WILL NOT buy that PPV.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #27
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
ya i know, but he DID NOT show it did he
who cares he'd kick the shit out of your ass and mine, so what?
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

young_version i agree with you there. i would hate to take a punch from any of them
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #29

Quote:
im happy for Chuck. but damit damit HUGHS stay off the ground, you have good stand up

This shows your lack of knowledge about Matt Hughes. He has never had a "stand up" he is a ground and pound fighter with huge amounts of wrestling prowess. He cannot punch his way out of a wet papper sack. if he kept it on his feet you would have seen a sleeping Matt hughes.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

he doesnt have bad stand up
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Chuck is good, I will agree to that, but Tim Silvia is just big, thats it. If he was 6 inches shorter and had less reach he would never win as many fights as he has. He is just a lumux. I almost hate watching the Heavyweights anymore, I was very exited to see randy come back and give us some good fights to watch but if I have to sit through 25 minutes of Tim Silvias "hug and shrug" style I think I will puke.
Agreed. They really need to quit f'n around and get Arlovski back in the picture.
tsaun987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
This shows your lack of knowledge about Matt Hughes. He has never had a "stand up" he is a ground and pound fighter with huge amounts of wrestling prowess. He cannot punch his way out of a wet papper sack. if he kept it on his feet you would have seen a sleeping Matt hughes.
X2. He obviously has no idea what he's talking about. Hughes is a wrestler, not a striker. Especally against GSP!
tsaun987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun987 View Post
Agreed. They really need to quit f'n around and get Arlovski back in the picture.
He fought a few months ago and it was pretty damn boring.

Brandon Vera is the sh!t, if he hadnt fought the big idiot in his last fight it would have been entertaining.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Did you see Hughes' face in the replays when he was crying out to the ref to stop the fight? That was the best part of the whole night
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
im happy for Chuck. but damit damit HUGHS stay off the ground, you have good stand up
He tried that with GSP already, he got a foot to the head........TKO
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

after seeing jeremy horn in hughes corner I am glad he got owned, I figured GSP would win but I hate jeremy horn!

I can't wait for the serra/GSP rematch!

props to silva! that guy took some serious shots!
Mac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:48 AM   #37
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
i dont know, i train from time to time and have fought 3 fights. 2-1 i dont care who you talk about or how you talk about them.ANY Pro fighter with a professional fight record is there for a reason. i respect all fighters and all of their styles, i mean my first fight i fought as an amatuer was against an unknown fighter from another state, small time fight. i managed to get a video of 2 of his fights and watched them over and over almost till i thought i new his style, did i? no.....he took my back in the first 22 seconds of the first round.
The point is just cause it looks dumb, it looks dumb for a reason.MMA i s a very strategic sport, there are so many variables that one needs to think of when on the ring/cage.
Everyone's so disillusioned by the mystical knock out that they forget about what happens if there isnt one.
enough for me already.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Young you make some points, but why should a customer of PPV's be forced to watch a giant lumbering Tim Sylvia and his style of Hug and Shrug? 205lb Randy killed Sylvia, why...? It's called skills and ability to use them.

I'm thinking of making points to increase viewers and increase people buying PPV's and I'll tell you what thats all Dana White cares about as well. I'd like to see Dana openly to the public and fighters offer cash prizes for a KO or Submission. This would spice up the fights a great deal. He might already offer it, however to me as a customer of the PPV's it seems to be not true, too many of them don't seem to try their hardest at all times in their to show their best.

Sylvia and many other Heavy Weights a few hits them hugging until the round ends to win a round isn't fun to watch. Personally at this point the Heavy Weight division is boring due to their lack of stamina (they are all tired by round 2) and their lack of showing the skills they claim to have. I'm sure Sylvia was trained to be a fighter, but watch his last 5 UFC fights he looks like a stand up boxer using his reach then goes in for the man-hug to end the round causing him to win the round because he got in a few punches and his hugging of the opponent stopped them from getting points.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Sylvia is there for a reason. He does have skill and lets face it, 265lbs throwing a fist at you is going to do some damage. You can see the difference in his old ways and new. Before he had the heavyweight belt he fought to get it. He was hungry, looking for knockouts to make a name for himself and prove he belonged in the UFC. Now he fights to win on the scorecards using his size as his main weapon.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #40
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

i thought you guys were fighters,yah i guess from a viewer standpoint, sure i'd feel, shortchanged. but when i see a fight that goes like that i look at it different."what if that were me, what would i do to counter, how would i shoot in, was i better in the sprawl?" all of these things come into play inside my head when i watch any mma fight. my fiancee thinks its pretty annoying, its like im the 3rd cornerman, yelling at the tv, and somehow the fighter always seems to listen.

on a lighter note, Folks you need to understand.....you dont just get into the ufc. you need to be ranked nationally. my brother in law fights in the 170 lb. class he has over 35 fights as a pro, he started fighting when he was 14.i'd say pound for lb. he is one of the worlds most talented in 170.did he ever fight in ufc? not yet, but he has fought in many KOTC.,WEC fights.
the best thing is hes only 21.he will get on the big show, believe me he's earned it.yeah but like i said.Dana White doesnt just hand out contracts or chances to fight, and if you watched any of TUF early in the season he gives the winner an extra 5,000 if he knocks out the loser.

Last edited by YoUnG_vErSiOn; 12-31-2007 at 09:37 AM.