Notices

Thread: What has rc crawling come too..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 05:14 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
X3!

Our local mom and pop hobby store has a service department!?!?!?!?!
I am sorry, BWTF? A service department?!?! I couldn't believe it. Just like Dezfan wrote, people come in all the time and drop there RTR's off to have them serviced. They have a chart on the wall that explains the charges for each service performed. Nitro break in, RTR repairs, tranny servicing, they got it all covered. It's ridiculous. I started with a Blackfoot and worked my way up to a RC10. 17 years later I am still into RC and now my kids are interested in it.
The HobbyTownUSA in Tucson (LHS I go to that has a 2.2 rock crawling course) has what I consider to be a "Service Departmen" as well. You tell what is wrong, drop it off, and in a week or so, they call you, you go get it, and they charge. And I did that once with my Monster GT back when I couldn't tune a nitro engine to save my life. Well, I picked it up, and they said it was a bad plug, and I put a new one in just before I gave it to them to fix, and they hadnt even touched the needles on then engine. Then I went outside with it to the track, decided to get brave, wise up, and learn for myself, and I started fiddling with the needles, and I got it running better than they could have ever wanted to. But I too think that a "service department" is totally rediculous. I think that if you have a problem, grow up, dive in, and figure it out for yourself.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd22 View Post
Is it righty tighty, lefty loosey?
IS that why I keep stripping the heads?
D-ran83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Well, I am obviously a "newb", but I'm happy with where this is all going. The more mainstream RC Crawling gets, the more cool stuff will be available (i.e. tires, wheels, trannys, etc). What you have to focus on is thinking outside the box, continuing to try new and innovative things. Finding different ways and better solutions. You can still custom fab!

And, not all newbs are just buying AX-10s and putting them together...

Swivel Frame Power Wagon Build

Thanks.
OlYelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #44

Your right I guess there should be no noobs allowed.
The vendors that help support this forum would hate to see new people get involved and buy their products or for the hobby to become more mainstream for yet another chance at more sales. There sure seems to be a lot of aftermarket parts coming out for the ax 10 for it to be such a detriment to the hobby. The better the market the better the quality and more products available. Do you think Losi would ever thought of looking at this hobby if they thought it would never grow.
And yes I would guess all ideas have been thought of and no one new could ever add anything.

No I do not own an ax10 or plan on buying one, but if it helps grow this small part of the hobby good for them.

Without change and growth it will go away eventually.2004 was not that long ago by the way and I am sure all of you have tried something new at one point and time (or at least I hope you have). If not, you should you may like it the way newbies do this.

Any thing I have been a part of for any amount of time welcomes new people. I would rather be around 50 people (half being new and learning) than the same 10 people talking about the same stuff over and over.
US66CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoy View Post
Stop your going to make me cry. So you think rc crawlers being like the rest of rc's is a bad thing?
I didn't make a statement one way or the other about what I thought. For those with any sort of reading or writing comprehension, they understood I was poking fun at you. You thought so much of my response, you had to PM me crying and threatening me with your internet tough-guy response. Bigger and badder people than you have threatened me before, and I still find it amusing.

Quote:
I never put anything down you took it that way.
Just so you understand the words you're typing a little better, I will highlight and educate you a little bit. Here we have a connotive meaning, in context, it is obvious what you said.

Quote:
As crawling becomes more "main stream" it will eventually be like the rest of the rc's......More rtr, all look alike. The Ax10 is only the beginning.
Here you are explaining to us your disdain for the RTR market. In layman's terms, this means you don't like it. If you didn't mean to say that, you should choose your words more carefully.

Quote:
I apologize to those of you that read my first response.
Again, think about your words rather than having to regret what you've said. If I had called you a bitch in private, I would do the same in public. I did neither, even with your whining in PM. I'm sure you'll be very offended by this post and continue to whine to me in private. For an '04, you sure don't have very thick skin. Welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay. Also try to act like your namesake.

Now, to make this a substantive post, I think rtr crawlers are a great idea. Sure, we'll get the nylint-style drivers here, but we will also get the others with some potential for talent that wouldn't have otherwise had the time or inclination to run or build a rig. Those that will build will have more tools to use, those that don't will continue to do what it is they need to do (buy a ready-made rig.)

Considering this comes from someone who doesn't spoon-feed the newbs, I'm more than willing to pass over threads or give them the kick in the ass they may need.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #46
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
For an '04, you sure don't have very thick skin.
Word.

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd22 View Post
Is it righty tighty, lefty loosey?

No, its lefty tighty, righty loosey, for Christ sake what a bunch of noobs

I will say I hate it when I go into the LHS and someone comes in wondering why their car is not working, hell half the time they could find the problem if they just picked up the manual and read it. My first RC was something my brother had left over, I found piece of it laying around the garage and put it all together my self and had a running buggy. At the time I didn't even know about hobby shops.

Bigboy just thinks he is cool because he joined in 04. However he has been inactive for 3 years, what a moron.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #48
RCC Addict

I didnt get into this hobby or RCs at all until 06. I spent a lot of time reading and looking before I joined and still do a lot of reading. It didnt take long to figure out that the SEARCH button is my friend. Im a NOOB and proud of it!
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post

I was right - glad too!
WORD!!!

Bring them all, imagine the possibilities if you have imagination...
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak View Post

Now, to make this a substantive post, I think rtr crawlers are a great idea. Sure, we'll get the nylint-style drivers here, but we will also get the others with some potential for talent that wouldn't have otherwise had the time or inclination to run or build a rig. Those that will build will have more tools to use, those that don't will continue to do what it is they need to do (buy a ready-made rig.)
I'm sure the RTRs will brings many new long term enthusiast into the sport and that's great. It's the tidal wave of band wagon crawlers and their attitude's that I absolutely dread.

Last edited by dezfan; 12-29-2007 at 06:01 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

what is this "days of our lives" ? what do people think? as the sport gets more popular it attacks new faces , no problem with that. the kits, im glad they are out, it opens doors to people who cant build stuff on their own for what ever reason.

on here alot of the bs is just playing around but i see some of it that just makes me shake my head.alot of its uncalled for,im surprised we still get the noobs here that we do.remember we were all new to this one time or another.

if a noob is doing something wrong point them in the rite direction.its that easy.

Last edited by twisted; 12-29-2007 at 06:01 PM.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #52
RCC Addict

No, the problem comes from the people who buy the kits. Then decide thats it, no more can be done. They don't have the imagination or skills to more farther. But it's ok that makes the stuff we build that much better.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by US66CRAWLER View Post
I would rather be around 50 people (half being new and learning) than the same 10 people talking about the same stuff over and over.
the biggest compliant about newbs are that they all ask the same things over and over.... I've been here since April 2005 and have a 100 or so posts, not because I have nothing to say... i just very picky on what topic i feel is worth jumping in on... I'm not the "man that rig is cool" kinda guy....
one of the newest things the newbs are doing is mimicking the "OG" flamers... like the "use the search, ya newb" flame... last thing anyone here needs is some 15yr old punk explaining nuances of the search feature.... sit back read and learn kiddies its the best thing you can do for yourself and others...

Last edited by HauntFreaks.com; 12-29-2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling
HauntFreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

I welcome the RTR's.....it's the dumb ass people (not always kids) that I think need a swift steel toe kick in the genitals.As I look back 2+ years I really do miss the "One off design" stuff. Every rig I saw was different in one way or another. Every other thread had a plethora of information and ideas. Now it's just glorified generic build threads,how many pictures do you have to post of your axles being built? They shouldn't be called noobs,they should be called selfish.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

/\/\/\/\/\You should of done that in 4 or 5 posts..nobody is going to read that
Old 12-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #56
MODERATOR™

Or if someone does, can you Cliff Note it for us?
Old 12-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

what is a OG? some kind of STD.

the ax-10 is the best thing to happen since I started this part of the hobby. I think when and if someone like traxxas jumps into the mess it will be hella funny. the n00b influx should be huge and the dumb questions will be super funny.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:19 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
what is a OG?
Optometrist Graph?
Old 12-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #59
MODERATOR™

Oversized Genitals Haver.

In a good way of course.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
/\/\/\/\/\You should of done that in 4 or 5 posts..nobody is going to read that
lol. Oh well. There would have been a barrage of posts in between each of my post, and then it would look like 5 posts of random babble.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote