I wanna be Dave

Krawlin - You did a very cool thing.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:31 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
I read it too. Cool story and the point still got across, and like he stated. That was really cool of you to help him out and now he's hooked and appreciates it.
D-ran83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Krawlin I did read your post and that was a cool thing to do dude....
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Thank you! But I think everyone should do some good deed like that for a deserving kid like Trevor if they can. I want to take him to the track some day though.... He can out drive me, my maxx vs his. He would probably do pretty dang well in a race. I also want to see him get a kit someday... maybe a 1/8 nitro buggy. I dont think he would like a crawler very much however... he likes to really handle with his RC's (lots of turns, jumping, drag racing, speed required things). He has put almost a gallon on his Monster GT since Christmas. He officially has the RC sickness... an uncontrolable addiction to radio control vehicles, uncureable, and the future isnt looking good as far as finding a cure for RC addiction. Oh well, I have it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ran83 View Post
I read it too. Cool story and the point still got across, and like he stated. That was really cool of you to help him out and now he's hooked and appreciates it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Krawlin I did read your post and that was a cool thing to do dude....
Had to edit my post to include you guys too (dran and colquitt). Thanks guys.

Last edited by Krawlin; 12-29-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:40 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

ahh that post made me feel all warm and fuzzy. that was kewl more then likely the most i have ever read online in one post but kewl none the less.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
ahh that post made me feel all warm and fuzzy. that was kewl more then likely the most i have ever read online in one post but kewl none the less.
Lol. "Happiness is an inspiring and heartwarming post" kind of thing?

Actually, that is probably the longest thing I have ever written online... I think.......
Old 12-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

It's all good ...until you have to buy a Losi team crawler to be completive. That will be a sad day for scratch builders.
Is the Axial just the beginning of the end?

Just a thought

Mike
Mike Poulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

I liked your story Krawlin!! I agree, we need more people that want to do things themselves. I honestly hate the RTR's and missed putting a kit together. The AX10 is what got me going in this side of the hobby(Crawlin). I am a pretty industrious guy and can build things but, don't have the time. The kit is great and it has been transformed into an SW3 with all kinds of custom parts now. My 11 yr old son has a few RC's also and all are the RTR's and he lost interest in most of them. Well he has been fascinated with my crawler since I got it. So we got him one for Xmas this year, He spent all day yesterday putting it together(about 9hrs). I have to say, I have never seen him that determined and focused on anything in his short life so far. He ate his lunch and dinner right there while he was putting it together. He put 95% of the kit together himself and I did the electronics and he did it with very little help. He actually used the instructions. He even put the beadlocks together himself. He woke up early this morning and all he was doing was staring at it!!!!LOL I asked him what he was doing, he said he was admiring his work. He is proud of what he did and he has already said he appreciates more than all his other RC's because he put it together. He is already talking about beating me at the next comp!!! Not sure of the relavince this story is to this thread, but I have to say that I am a proud Father to a next Generation RC Nerd.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
/\/\/\/\/\You should of done that in 4 or 5 posts..nobody is going to read that
And add in some paragraph breaks, the WALL OF TEXT is a bit much, even by my verbose standards.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:29 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

I'm in, thanks for the chance.

The OG's are still around, but we don't post much anymore. Doesn't make much sense to post up an all-new chassis design, only to get responses like "wut tires r thoes"
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #72

I registered today after being in the hobby for around 8 or 9 years. I read Krawlin's post and I did the cliffnotes, but they ended up way too long..it's a good read! Pretty amazing that a 9 year old is talented enough to tune an engine and not just throw the car in front of you and tell you to break it in for him...even to read the instructions and know to break it in. So many times I've seen even adults just buy a nitro 4-tec because it goes 70mph and not break it in then wonder why its not starting. Sounds like a talented kid whos going to do really well later in life

I guess I don't mind all the new RTRs and whatnot. I do find it funny when you see 50 AX10s and 49 of them look like the picture on the box. In no way is it a bad thing>they built the kit and fixing/tuning it will be easy, but I like to have rigs that no one has ever seen. Kind of like the people who got their AX10s and deanodized all the green and anodized it blue or another color.

-|maniac|
|maniac| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntFreaks.com View Post
the AX10 is one of the best things that has happened to rc crawling... it was about time there was a mass produced "crawler" specific axle made and the tranny isnt so bad ether.... no more having use "toy" grade axles.... as for an RTR being produced, I believe its coming very soon and yes it will be a scary thing

oh and is Apirl 2005 "OG" enough??
If you don't know there are other axles besides axial, you are not "OG" no matter when you joined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
I'm in, thanks for the chance.

The OG's are still around, but we don't post much anymore. Doesn't make much sense to post up an all-new chassis design, only to get responses like "wut tires r thoes"
Did u build that chassy? wut bodie iz that?

Last edited by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE; 12-29-2007 at 08:34 PM.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
If you don't know there are other axles besidea axial
please enlighten me about these other mass produced 2.2 "crawler specific" axles that are out there....
HauntFreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:39 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
no more having use "toy" grade axles....
What "toy" grade are you refering to?

Quote:
please enlighten me about these other mass produced 2.2 "crawler specific" axles that are out there....
So Clod, TLT, PTI, TF/MF, Bruiser/Mounty, WK, those are all "toy" grade?

They are all crawl worthy.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
And add in some paragraph breaks, the WALL OF TEXT is a bit much, even by my verbose standards.
Will do. Sorry about that guys.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #77
RCC Addict

If traxxas ever comes out with a crawler RTR, I will buy it, strip it of everything but the axles and tranny and start building. Since when have they ever released something that isnt bulletproof or damn close. maxx bulkheads...I know...shut up about the bulkheads. lol
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:47 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I welcome the RTR's.....it's the dumb ass people (not always kids) that I think need a swift steel toe kick in the genitals.As I look back 2+ years I really do miss the "One off design" stuff. Every rig I saw was different in one way or another. Every other thread had a plethora of information and ideas. Now it's just glorified generic build threads,how many pictures do you have to post of your axles being built? They shouldn't be called noobs,they should be called selfish.
Damn normally its a "swift kick in the ass" But you stept it way up, I could take a "swift kick in the ass" but ouch........

Selffish!? Coming from someone who spent all his money on him self and only has $62 left over for his family J/K.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Hey, I fixed my #55 post. It now is divided into paragraphs, so it is a bit easier for ya'll to read.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
only to get responses like "wut tires r thoes"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Did u build that chassy? wut bodie iz that?
Can U tel me wur 2 git dat toyota bodie?
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote