Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What has rc crawling come too..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5tacoma View Post
just for ha-ha's , huh? to me they are more user friendly, i have alot of spare parts for them (you can use the hi-lift ring and pinion's for replacement), there are numerous parts from other tamiya cars/trucks that you can use on the axles, shall i go on??? don't get me wrong about the AX10.......i actually bought one when it first came out to see how it is. to my surprise it had alot of stuff that i liked . but at the same time there was alot of things in the kit that i didn't need for what i was planning to do. the tlt kit actually has alot of things that i do use (ask DTP and Young Version, they'll tell you). basiclly i just don't like the looks of the AX10 axles. so this is just a small bunch of reasons why i'd rather take the tlt's over the ax10.
got ya.... same goes for the ax10 , most WK internals work in the ax10... plus its nice to have the option of being able to just buy the axle and tranny kits..... once again to each there own
HauntFreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #102
TEAM MODERATOR

For me,the thing that agravates the most is the guys that can't figure out what to do if the kit is missing a shock piston or a couple of the grub screws. Common man,THINK a little bit. Don't bitch about it on line and cause a stink. This ain't a perfect world and mistakes happen. If your "kit" is missing a part....go get it. Or even better yet......N00BS,THIS IS THE HEART OF CRAWLERS....PAY ATTENTION HERE.....figure out a way to make a different part fit better.

Crawlers wouldn't be where they are today,if the OG's didn't figure out how to make a box full of junk parts from 12 different pan car/truggy/dirt oval/monster truck kits all fit together to make a comp ready crawler. PERIOD.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
You wanna bet a 3 piece chicken dinner?

I can take a STOCK Twin Force axle,lock it and build a servo mount....simple as that and have a comp worthy axle. Get a set and send them to me,I'll show ya
I have no doubt about that.... "viva la shafty" lol I was on a 2.2 rant
HauntFreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:56 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
For me,the thing that agravates the most is the guys that can't figure out what to do if the kit is missing a shock piston or a couple of the grub screws. Common man,THINK a little bit. Don't bitch about it on line and cause a stink. This ain't a perfect world and mistakes happen. If your "kit" is missing a part....go get it. Or even better yet......N00BS,THIS IS THE HEART OF CRAWLERS....PAY ATTENTION HERE.....figure out a way to make a different part fit better.

Crawlers wouldn't be where they are today,if the OG's didn't figure out how to make a box full of junk parts from 12 different pan car/truggy/dirt oval/monster truck kits all fit together to make a comp ready crawler. PERIOD.
DAMN RIGHT! Hell, I did something like that just the other day. Found a body mount kit for a Duratrax Maximum ST, thought it might fit, and good luck was with me, and it fit. Better than any other vertical body mounts I have seen for an NN. Innovation is key to our section of the hobby. If there werent the innovators/modders, well, this section of the hobby would not exist. It really is the people who innovate that drive crawling forward. These people making their own chassis, well, that is just awesome! More to ya if you make as much of your own stuff as you can!
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Maybe Jason and Badger can create a lil spot for all the "OG's" to go here on the site that no one else can. Then once you pass a "crawler test" you will gain access to the "OG" backdoor of RCC.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
Maybe Jason and Badger can create a lil spot for all the "OG's" to go here on the site that no one else can. Then once you pass a "crawler test" you will gain access to the "OG" backdoor of RCC.
That is actually a pretty good idea, even though I would probably not be able to get in.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Put it right next to the search links, no one will ever find it.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

I'm not really into the backdoor stuff. But whatever, to each his own
cuban b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
What you are seeing now in crawling is the result of the last 15 years of R/C in general.

RTR's are to blame. When I got into RC in the early 80's you had to build everything. Doing so, you understood the basics of how it worked and what was needed to repair or upgrade them.
This is just one noob's perspective...
I discovered this hobby several months ago and only just a couple weeks ago got my rig. Yes, its a RTR. I had one made for me. I'm into driving more than building.
Now that I see what it can do I wonder how I can improve on it and feel the need to understand more of it. I'm thinking of a kit in order to understand it better. I want to drive with more experienced people so I can see what they are doing and ask questions. I'm doing a comp next week even though I have very little experience-I'll probably learn more that day than in all the days prior.

I'd like to think RTR's will help the hobby grow. It is bringing more people to crawling. Some might stay, some might go. That's the natural way things grow, with growing pains.

I can understand the frustration with very basic questions and sometimes inappropriate questions, some of both I am surely culpable of. I hope I dont offend anyone as I want to be around a while and I want to learn. This is a great forum full of very knowledgable people willing to share their experiences. I hope they stick around. All us noobs could use the help.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #110
RCC Addict

Im not an og or anything, i just got a crawler about a year ago. And i am only 16, but i am not one of those kids who whines when something doesnt work just exactly right. I found a lot of that stuff out when i built my bruiser. I knew that if i wanted it to be like the others i have seen, i would have to make some parts and do some custom work, and still it might not work right. But after a while of remaking some parts it finially worked, and it felt way better to have figured it out then have the instructions right there to guide you along the whole way. Imo, the ax10 is both killing this hobby, and giving it a big jump start. I think that crawlers shouldnt be bought, they should be built. That is why they are set apart from other types of rc's. You make it your own.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:46 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler View Post
Im not an og or anything, i just got a crawler about a year ago. And i am only 16, but i am not one of those kids who whines when something doesnt work just exactly right. I found a lot of that stuff out when i built my bruiser. I knew that if i wanted it to be like the others i have seen, i would have to make some parts and do some custom work, and still it might not work right. But after a while of remaking some parts it finially worked, and it felt way better to have figured it out then have the instructions right there to guide you along the whole way. Imo, the ax10 is both killing this hobby, and giving it a big jump start. I think that crawlers shouldnt be bought, they should be built. That is why they are set apart from other types of rc's. You make it your own.
I second that.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

couldnt agree with you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway View Post
wow, i hear a thread full of adults sooking like children.
nice.
if someone wants to buy a RTR and are happy with how it performs as is, who are any of you to tell them they should be modding it so its better?
does it really make them a noob?
what if they dont run in comps?
does that make them a noob as well?
post counts and join dates dont mean stuff all, and if they do to any one of you, you need to grow up and have a look around.

seriously, whats with the elitest attitude?
doesnt bring a good look to the sport or the forums at all.
but hey, if thats how you want it...............

and i bought an AX-10 kit as well, yep, its stock and staying that way (except for some claws).
i guess that makes me a noob as well?
even though i have been building a Super for the last 2 years and only got the AX-10 so i could get on the rocks quicker.
maybe i should have wait till i have finished the build so im not another noob
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:52 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Poulson View Post
It's all good ...until you have to buy a Losi team crawler to be completive. That will be a sad day for scratch builders.
Is the Axial just the beginning of the end?

Just a thought

Mike
look at it this way...maybe some people getting into the sport look at the scratch builders as having an advantage because maybe the noob doesn't know how to weld,or have access to a shop to do all these cool things.

i welcome all new crawlers with open hands to the sport and im talking trucks as well as people.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntFreaks.com View Post
out of all of those the WK is the closest to out of the box crawler ready axle (locked of course) .... and yes toy grade... no one out there would ever even think about running a stock TLT in a comp. .... and not to repeat myself , but anyone doing well in the comps that uses a TLT based rig, the only part that might be still TLT will be the plastic halfs and they will be moded as well...

so yes as of right now the ax10 axle is the only mass produced 2.2 "crawler specific" axles that I know of... none in your list matches that description, without heavy modification... and remember I was talking 2.2 comp rigs not that there is a super axle out there ether... and please dont say clod.
What?? So can I find a Clodbuster @ my local Toys-R-Us? "toy" grade. That's pathetic. None of those on my list need heavy modification. Did you even crawl back in 05? None of these hope ups were available. Pretty much stock TLT axles, just locked. Oh shit, that's too hard for some of you.

Quote:
Dez i would never doubt you... evey comp i've been to if someone was running close to stock TLT's something alway broke on the first or second course... so this is odd for me to hear... but my point being for the money $40 ax10 axles beats $100 worth of mods done to a tlt... IMO

hey to each there own
So Dez has cred with you? Oh yeah, he posts alot. Our whole club uses TLT's, except one. He's the only one that broke every comp.

For your $$?? You need 2 axles, $80 not $40. So you don't use AL knuckles, CVD's, Clocked C's, upper link mount, lockouts, straight RR axle shafts??

If not there not comp worthy either.

Quote:
just for hahas... why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5tacoma View Post
just for ha-ha's , huh? to me they are more user friendly, i have alot of spare parts for them (you can use the hi-lift ring and pinion's for replacement), there are numerous parts from other tamiya cars/trucks that you can use on the axles, shall i go on??? don't get me wrong about the AX10.......i actually bought one when it first came out to see how it is. to my surprise it had alot of stuff that i liked . but at the same time there was alot of things in the kit that i didn't need for what i was planning to do. the tlt kit actually has alot of things that i do use (ask DTP and Young Version, they'll tell you). basiclly i just don't like the looks of the AX10 axles. so this is just a small bunch of reasons why i'd rather take the tlt's over the ax10.
Didn't you sell that POS a few days later.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #115
RCC Addict

you know, this whole thread is a bunch of BS.

Here is how I see it, you have a bunch of new guys with ARTR kits(AX-10) and they are having a bunch of fun with them.

Whats wrong with that??

You have a bunch of new guys asking a bunch of questions on some good stuff and of course a lot more are asking questions that are a little on the funny if not ridiculous side of things just because they can't figure out how to search for anything. So what??

click on to to a thread that just might interest you.

why is it such a big deal that things change?? what is such the big deal if this hobby has exploded?? who every thought it would was pretty damn ignorant to think not.

I suggest if anybody doesn't like what ever thread they click on, move on to one you might like. Who cares if there are some people who just don't get it, let natural selection take it's course.

Only the dedicated and wise will excel well above the rest. The wise are usually the quit ones who know whats up.

which kind of guy do you want to be?? The dedicated and wise?? or the Internet big guy who usually can't get r done were it counts, on da rocks.
but is sure good at bashing who ever on the net and whining about change.

This forum is here to share with everybody. I have been here for awhile, ya that's right, I get OG status, so what. Doesn't make me or anybody with a 04 join date any better than anybody else, well except were it counts the most. on da rocks.

Web crawlin don't mean nothin.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:05 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
Web crawlin don't mean nothin.
Sure_it_does
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban b View Post
I'm not really into the backdoor stuff. But whatever, to each his own
Was hoping someone would pick up on that one!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:19 PM   #118
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Was hoping someone would pick up on that one!
somebody call me?
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:19 PM   #119
Pebble Pounder

Build it , and they will come .
I found crawling searching the net looking for ideas for my old Clod , wanting to build a monster truck . And I figured this was more my speed . I now even use a 105 turn search engine . And yes I bought most of the stuff to build it , thats why its being sold . Its not that I can't make the parts , my time is worth money also . If I need something I can't find , Then I do it .
My point is every body has different reasons for what they do . And buying a rtr or AX10 kit is not a bad thing , and the ones that ask the easy questions will give up and go away or learn what ever it is they need to . Some of these kids had no one to teach them to think for themselves . I'm not saying you should think for them , just guide them , they might catch on and come up with something you'll copy !
If your scared to compete with a name brand rig using your home built rig , buy the same rig the other guy did .
I've read people saying they wished some one would catch on and make better parts for what we do , and when it starts to happen ...., and here we have post like this .
If you think you can't enjoy this hobby anymore because it got popular , then please by all means go find something else to do .
Frank3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
In late 2004 Jason and I were having a discussion about how long it'd take to have crawler kits from a major manufacturer, factory teams, etc.

I predicted two to three years...

I was right - glad too!

jason i have no idea what you wrote all i see when you post is that Dang avatar! lol What were we talking about
Dubs Chops is offline   Reply With Quote