Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Arizona residents = lucky!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

arizona has alot of snow in flagstaff in the winter most of the time , born and raised in arizona and plan on staying
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #22
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

That's what's so great about Arizona...I don't have to live and deal with the snow in the winter, but when I want to go to the snow, it's only an hour and a half away...best of both worlds.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:08 PM   #23

i used to live in flagstaff and loved it. i will go back as soon as i get the chance. the weather was perfect
samson_simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

yep thats why i like arizona
Old 01-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

You guys can't forget us down here in the Sierra Vista area(southeast of Tucson). We get mild summers compared to Tucson and defiantely compared to Phoenix(couldn't pay me enough to work outside up there). I think our high last year was in the 90's, I don't think it hit 100 here. And right now we are having somewhat of a winter, snow on the mountain tops and 30's in the mornings, up to about 50's in the afternoon. I work outside and I love the temps all year.

Oh ya, and we have some sweet crawl spots...
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #26

Oh ya, and we have some sweet crawl spots...[/quote]

no joke
samson_simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemomma95 View Post
You guys can't forget us down here in the Sierra Vista area(southeast of Tucson). We get mild summers compared to Tucson and defiantely compared to Phoenix(couldn't pay me enough to work outside up there). I think our high last year was in the 90's, I don't think it hit 100 here. And right now we are having somewhat of a winter, snow on the mountain tops and 30's in the mornings, up to about 50's in the afternoon. I work outside and I love the temps all year.

Yeah, it did hit over 100 here for a few days. I think 103 was the highest this past summer. But we are having a colder than normal winter this year... I noticed the waterfall up there in Carr Canyon looked like it was frozon solid... it is a large white mass and nothing moving on it, and normally it never looks that way when its dry.... I will have to get my parents to drive me up there to have a look... and for some creek crawlin!

BTW, I was up in Carr a while ago, and I saw like 3 people with an RC Transmitter in their hand... but I didnt see the trucks.... Could that have been you and the other SV crawlers? I had my Super with me but was headed up higher.... PM me about when ya'lls next GTG is gonna be.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlin View Post
Yeah, it did hit over 100 here for a few days. I think 103 was the highest this past summer. But we are having a colder than normal winter this year... I noticed the waterfall up there in Carr Canyon looked like it was frozon solid... it is a large white mass and nothing moving on it, and normally it never looks that way when its dry.... I will have to get my parents to drive me up there to have a look... and for some creek crawlin!

BTW, I was up in Carr a while ago, and I saw like 3 people with an RC Transmitter in their hand... but I didnt see the trucks.... Could that have been you and the other SV crawlers? I had my Super with me but was headed up higher.... PM me about when ya'lls next GTG is gonna be.
Yup more than likely that was us. There's usually a green Jeep, Red Ford Ranger and white Chevy p/u. Don't you dare pass us up if you see us again, we need to meet up one of these days....even if you do have a super:-P..
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yup more than likely that was us. There's usually a green Jeep, Red Ford Ranger and white Chevy p/u. Don't you dare pass us up if you see us again, we need to meet up one of these days....even if you do have a super:-P..
DAMN! That was you guys!!! The Jeep, Ranger, and the Chevy were all there! I was headed up for a test run to try out a new set of BFT tires (The ones off of the old Monster GT's.) and some 45T motors to see how my traction and wheelspeed would be. And trust me, if I ever see ya'll up there, I will for sure stop in.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Funny you mention it Tuna, I was just in Tuscon on business for a couple days last week (visited the AFB). I was just stoked to see all the cool rock piles and drainage ditches. I wish I would have brought my crawler but it wouldnt fit in the scehdual or suitcase.
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

we will have to meet up some time
Old 01-04-2008, 12:46 AM   #32
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:

I could live with that. As long as there is at least 4 ft of snow in the hills 5-6 months out of the year.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
I wish I would have brought my crawler but...
Me too! But it's probably a good thing I didn't, or I wouldn't have spent any time with the inlaws!
TunaMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote