Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Should engaging DIG be pointed?
Yes 32 28.57%
No 68 60.71%
OR there should be an unlimited 2.2 class for the digs, winches, brakes, etc. 12 10.71%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Rule For DIG

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
I beg to differ on that one
Ok, SOME tubers have more clearance. Thats not the point i was trying to make though.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Location: ROCK CRAWLIN AND RACING WHERE I WANT AND HOW I WANT!!!

that was kinda my point there norcal crawler it is a advantage and if they can allow that why not rear steer, and i'll take any advantage i can get also, and yes it would take longer for a comp, i do understand that and yes i have been to alot of comps. what i was getting at is if they cant allow both then they should have a seperate class for them. i dont run super class anymore because most of them dont look like anything that you would see in 1.1 compitition, 2.2 is all my son and myself have anymore and at are comps that svsc holds, 2.2 has three times as many rigs as the super class we dont run that many here. i'd would just like to a rear steer rig allowed in a 2.2 class.

Last edited by RocJoc; 01-05-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #23
TEAM MODERATOR

dirk379...No,Dig shouldn't have a penalty. If you don't like it,build a dig set up. Then nobody will have an "advantage"

Crawls2thewalls,Who says you need a deep wallet to have dig

Why even vote. This ain't where the rules commitee discusses things No matter what ya'll decide,it's wasted efforts
Old 01-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #24
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler View Post
Ok, SOME tubers have more clearance. Thats not the point i was trying to make though.
You obviously don't know what TC runs He drives another one of those battle bot type crawlers.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

I haven't voted yet . But I think the rules should follow the 1:1 rules .
Just my 2c .
Old 01-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #26
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I voted yes because using dig, IMHO, is no different then going in reverse or 4WS. The point is to get better position on, or going into, an obstacle. If dig is allowed then 4WS should be allowed and reverse should not be pointed. Reverse, dig and 4ws all require an action to be taken on the tx seperate then going forward.

O.K. dude,since you said so.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Its just an opinion......dude
Old 01-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

I think its a crapy opinion. Dig shuold not be pointed. If you have the skills to setup dig and build it, you should have the advantage! None of that 4ws crap.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocJoc View Post
that was kinda my point there norcal crawler it is a advantage and if they can allow that why not rear steer
Because if they made it so that all rigs had to have the exact same specs, there would be no fun in customizing your own rig. And everyone is going to have different advantages. If they made it that way, the people with the best rigs would point out before they even started because of all their "advantages".
Old 01-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromj View Post
I think its a crapy opinion. Dig shuold not be pointed. If you have the skills to setup dig and build it, you should have the advantage! None of that 4ws crap.

O.K. if you have a good reason or idea i would love to hear it
but you wrote aint it
Old 01-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromj View Post
So RC crawling is about fabrication skills and not driving skills? and buying an R2D w/disconnect takes skill? thanks for the info.

BTW, don't see any 1:1 fabricating their own "dig", its always bought. (I.E. dana 20 twin stick or atlas transfer case)

Last edited by Zardoz; 01-05-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler View Post
Because if they made it so that all rigs had to have the exact same specs, there would be no fun in customizing your own rig. And everyone is going to have different advantages. If they made it that way, the people with the best rigs would point out before they even started because of all their "advantages".

i'm not against dig or any customizing, i like seeing the different rigs and there never all all going to have the same parts on them, some will be digs ,r/s,brakes,or winches thats why i would like to see another class for the guys that make all this different stuff and put it on there rigs plus not everbody is going to drive the same i know alot of times i'm not as good as the next guy so there is going to compitition know matter what you put on rig and i'v also made cleaner lines my f/s sw2 than with my tube buggy with 4ws its all in the line you take

Last edited by RocJoc; 01-05-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #33
RCC Addict

I would say the the people that run dig have spent time and or money on their dig setup to get an edge over someone who dosn't have it.... Let them have it. Agreed if you think you have a disadvantage then build a dig setup.

I don't run a dig setup just cause I don't like how "cluttered" it makes the rig.... Besides I'm so good you all need dig just to get to my level

Dig also has it's own issues more weight, more equipment, more mechanics, more cost, more things to go wrong. All for a few points. No need to penalize them, They're penalizing themselves....

I did vote to penalize it though...... just cause I don't have it

I really don't think it's a big deal though......... Now that new TVP/tuber on the other hand....

Last edited by NaZ-T; 01-05-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Location: Ramstein Air Base Germany ...ya Ive been Ramshafted

WOW!!!!! Sure stirred the pot with this one
Old 01-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

No penalty for dig.

As for the 4WS being the same as DIG, just don't see it.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Dig is so 2007, its over rated.

I don't run it and I bitch everytime I see somebody make a turn that I could'nt. In my mind it's just another week point a rig.

I'm pretty sure one of these days I'll get around to installing it on my rig.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #37
RCC Addict

the fun and intrest in crawling is everyones own setups and design/ideas. pointing dig is pointing someones creativity. some designs allow for easy installl dig, some are VERY complex...but thats up to the designer.
whats next? pointing for too much steering with cvd's? pointing for a 400oz servo? pointing because the moabs are doing better than the claws?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

With the advent of disconnect only, some forms of electric dig on clod 2.2s, and friction plate type digs its nearly impossible to accurately/consistently judge when dig is used anymore. Dig is also cheap if you know how to make a drive shaft type. Or if you don't no problem, they are readily available through RC4WD for a great price and work extremely well. I would tell my USRCCA rep to oppose any rule that can not be judged accurately(like giving a point when a seamless non locking dig is applied).

Chad-
Old 01-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Like stated before , This is a moot point . But I would like to know how you would know when dig is used. I use it in all different areas just to see if it will help. Some people have asked if I used dig and I said yes. They said they could not even tell.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

You know, back in the day when someone had a better idea for their crawler everyone just copied it instead of whining and complaining because they were too lazy to make stuff. It is called innovation, get on the wagon or sell your crap
Closed Thread