RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   wtf!!!!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/99427-wtf.html)

mattman 01-07-2008 05:16 PM

wtf!!!!!

I was driving my highlift today and didnt have the skid plate on it so the rear u-joint pin had it e-clips sheared right off and the drive shaft when i hit a rock and just fell right out. I found the drive shaft and pin (thank god for that"thumbsup"). It was pretty fun driving it around in my garage with only front wheel drive in third gear cuz my garage was pritty slick and wet. I need to know if i sould just go to my LHS and get some stampede drive shafts or go and get some new e-clips and put the skid plate back on to prevent this from happaning again?

TurnThePage 01-07-2008 05:23 PM

hey shit happens, im not into highlifts so i could be totally wrong here but i think i would get the e-clips and put the skid plate back on

mattman 01-07-2008 05:30 PM

i might just do both

RydeFab 01-07-2008 06:02 PM

i have highlift driveshafts on my 2.2 comp rig. what i did was take the e-clips off and brazed the pin to the yoke. gotta watch out though when you put heat on the yoke. under the chrome is brass......she'll melt when you heat it up too much. i destroyed a few already, just be patient "thumbsup". after you've brazed it you can clean it up with a file or a grinder. just don't take off too much, just enough. i've run my on my 2.2 for the whole season last year and no problems after that "thumbsup".

the other thing you could do is wrap electrical tape around the universal a few times (kind of like a cv boot). i did that a few times and i works pretty good, just have to change the "boot" every once in awhile.

twisted 01-07-2008 09:13 PM

ya good lck finding those clips. i called tamiya and they don't sell them separately. this happened to me when i first got my high lift, tamiya sent me 2 drive shafts for free! i think they are 1.5 mm as i found some 2mm and they were to large.

mattman 01-08-2008 05:00 AM

thanks for the info guys i will probably just go and buy some stampede drive shafts

Brandon 01-08-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattman (Post 997236)
thanks gor the info guys i will probably just go and buy some stampede drive shafts

Take a thick body clip and stick it through, bend the ends around. Did that when I was playin with the scaler and had nothing else to fix it. Been working great so far :lol:

mattman 01-08-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing (Post 997501)
Take a thick body clip and stick it through, bend the ends around. Did that when I was playin with the scaler and had nothing else to fix it. Been working great so far :lol:

thanks but i found a sweet deel for some stampede sliders complete for 5 bucks so i will probably try both to see wich one works best.