Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Axial AX-10 RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapegoat View Post
Looks like they made it so more people will want it period. It makes it more of a basher that is easily turned into a crawler. Appealing to the stock rc crowd.

makes sense. There are alot more people that are into general rc than rock crawling.

The good thing about building a kit is you know every single nut and bolt on the truck. So if something breaks, you know, in detail, how to fix it.

Plus, The instructions that come with the kit are second to none. A little kid can do it.

Did they say what electronics are in it? I bet they suck. people wont know that in order to turn your truck into a real crawler, you are going to need better electronics also.
I'd also like to know what kind of electronics it comes with.
LST022752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Here's the link to the photo and news blurb on page of one this thread: http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirmo...9BAEC78B09A52B
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

I really don't like it.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:23 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

In the article it mentions that it includes a front diff and a rear locker. I might be wrong on this one, but I could have swore that i seen it posted all over the forum that running that setup is cause for disaster And oh goodie!!! They now have plastic links and a slipper clutch.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:24 AM   #25
RCC Addict

i really don't think this truck is for the hardcore crawler, but more as an axial respone to Wheelie Kings and Pede's. it actually looks to be a lot less top heavy than a WK, too! depending on price, i would consider picking one of these up for bashing and jumping instead of a WK.

it is nice, however, that a straight rear axle will be available, soon!

Last edited by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER; 01-11-2008 at 06:28 AM.
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

While it has been popular to say, I don't see the new Axial RTR being like the HPI Wheely King. While thought to crawling was given when it was designed, the Wheely King needs to be converted to be a crawler. In terms of being a crawler, the Wheely King is more like the Tamoya TLT-1. That said, the Wheely King is a fun basher. The Axial RTR, in contrast, only needs to be upgraded to be a serious crawler. Is it a basher? Sure, but it can't fairly be grouped with vehicles that are pure bashers. All of these vehicles are a lot of fun, but the Axial RTR shouldn't be dismissed as a non-crawler. Is it a comp-ready rig? No, but with a few upgrades, it can be. To me, there is a big difference between "converting" and "upgrading." I love my Wheely King; it's one of the few bashers I recommend as highly as I do the Traxxas Stampede. But, to make it into a crawler, I'm replacing the chassis, tranny, links, motor and other electronics, steering system, maybe the shocks, etc. As far as I know so far, to make the Axial RTR into a crawler, I'm swapping the motor, removing the slipper or cranking it down and locking the front axle.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

IMHO I would get this to bash around with over the WK because it would probably be more stable than the WK out of the box for monster truck style racing.. Or for use as a semi scale base.
I actually gave up a "free" AX-10 that I won in a raffle because I already have a WK that has been modded and love it.. I know all of its quirks, and dont want to run a new truck and have to relearn its handling characteristics.
Admited, I am running new lower links, locked diffs, OTA servo, Novak rooster crawler ed, flipped chassis, Flipped axles, 45 trn motor and better gearing along with better wheels and tires.
All in all I think getting the WK has taught me A LOT about setting up a crawler.
Then again had the ax-10 been out when I was looking into getting crawling who knows what I'd have.
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Re-post, but whos to even say its going to be a Scorpion RTR. With the open diffs it could become more trail scale ready than a crawler like the Scorpion.
it will be locked out of the box but still more basher/rock racer than crawler

Last edited by doctorducttape; 01-11-2008 at 10:55 PM.
doctorducttape is offline   Reply With Quote