RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   CKRC Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ckrc-hobbies/)
-   -   more Yeti stuff (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ckrc-hobbies/507998-more-yeti-stuff.html)

CKRC Hobbies 09-10-2014 01:41 AM

more Yeti stuff

Just a fyi, we got in the much asked for and another wanted up grade for the yeti, Axial Universals are now in stock and ready to ship, these are by far one a great up grade for you yeti owners, i have been testing them tonight and they work great. for stock knuckles they fit like a charm, now if you are going to be running VP knuckles there seems to be a small and I mean small amount of catch, nothing crazy, and after a few runs its not even noticeable, but it is there. mine made a click for about ten minutes then went away, it has to do with the pin that is moving as it goes through the motions of rotation.

Also we have secured a large shipment of the Axial arm inside hinge pins. Seems that some folks are bending the hinge pin when slamming the suspension down hard into a object. so grab a few spares while you are at it. we are working on a possible fix for it; but in the mean time get yourself a few spares until we conclude if the fix works as intended

Along with testing this evening we ran a new set of BPC limiting straps, for those that are planning on racing U4RC and UAR style events this will be a must, mainly so you don't over extend the shocks, possibly damaging them and cause massive leaks. as of the testing tonight these are spot on and work with the stock setup as well with the Carter Fab quick disconnect setup. Tonights testing has shown these are great, and at 15.00 for a pack of 4 you cant go wrong

check out the pics at our Facebook page and at the Axial Yeti Facebook section as I will be posting them up tonight

Yeti "thumbsup"

SilicaStorm 09-20-2014 01:03 PM

Re: more Yeti stuff

YETI LIMITING STRAPS - BLUE 4 pack do you have a link,,, i tried sending an email to BPC and it bounced back from their server.

Where can these purchased - link please ?

binaryterror 09-21-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilicaStorm (Post 4899036)
YETI LIMITING STRAPS - BLUE 4 pack do you have a link,,, i tried sending an email to BPC and it bounced back from their server. Where can these purchased - link please ?

https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/product...aps+%28Blue%29

badhoopty 09-29-2014 12:21 PM

question about the limiting straps. im at work so i cant measure the things but whats the lengths for the fronts and rears? i ask because i got a set but the front ones stops the shock when it still has a considerable amount of extension left. i know the idea is to limit the shock before the piston hits the bottom of the shock body, but it seems im gonna lose a good 1/2" of downtravel with these.

maybe thats good, i dunno. these limiting straps were just one of those things i threw in the cart before i checked out. "thumbsup"

edit - btw, nice job with turning this business around. ive got 3 or 4 orders from you guys since i got my yeti and the shipping speed and overall experience is very very much appreciated.

gottorque 09-30-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badhoopty (Post 4906440)
question about the limiting straps. im at work so i cant measure the things but whats the lengths for the fronts and rears? i ask because i got a set but the front ones stops the shock when it still has a considerable amount of extension left. i know the idea is to limit the shock before the piston hits the bottom of the shock body, but it seems im gonna lose a good 1/2" of downtravel with these.

maybe thats good, i dunno. these limiting straps were just one of those things i threw in the cart before i checked out. "thumbsup"

edit - btw, nice job with turning this business around. ive got 3 or 4 orders from you guys since i got my yeti and the shipping speed and overall experience is very very much appreciated.

Fronts are 3.5" and rears are 4"
If you find they limit too much for your taste, you can move around where they mount in the front. Even moving the lower tab on the straps to the 2nd hole on the lower arms would get you a bit more down travel. Totally up to you"thumbsup"