Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Lutz Gtg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

I'm heading up North for some big rockets tomorrow. My VF started binding up, and I don't have it back together yet so I'm out anyway.

Have fun.....
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2008, 12:12 AM   #102
Rock Crawler

Great I will meet you guys at the Broomfield complex by the skate park. I live close so I'll be there at 9. I didn't get a chance to install my dig yet. I played around with the upper and lower links a little. But want to crawl on Sunday.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #103
RCC Addict

I'm back from vacation.
Going to Lutz, same 9 a.m. on Saturday if your interested.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #104

I was planning to go, thanks for the invite but I got inspired from seeing your rig at finish line SkidPlate, and tore into mine and couldn't finish this evening. Perhaps another time.
-Ram (Fr.)
Ramfublio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #105
Rock Crawler

Well, I'm finally installing my VF-Dig, don't have it done in time for Sat morning. But I am game for Sun Morning if anyone else is.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:34 AM   #106

I will be there need to break in the new rig
Comark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

count me in
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:38 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comark View Post
new rig?? Wouldn't happen to be a Berg would it? Dang, I want to see it. I haven't even fine tuned my ax10 yet and I'm already wanting to build a Berg, they are sweet. Have fun, maybe see some of you guys on Sunday?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramfublio View Post
I was planning to go, thanks for the invite but I got inspired from seeing your rig at finish line SkidPlate, and tore into mine and couldn't finish this evening. Perhaps another time.
-Ram (Fr.)
Thanks, I was very fortunate to have done that well. It was a good night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Well, I'm finally installing my VF-Dig, don't have it done in time for Sat morning. But I am game for Sun Morning if anyone else is.
Very cool. Glad to see it coming together. Should be able to come out and play for a little bit Sunday morning.
Have soccer training at 12 noon to go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comark View Post
Nice work today buddy, that new rig works very well.
Austin would be glad to see it on the rocks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
count me in
Glad you made it out today bud. A good day to crawl.

Quote:
new rig?? Wouldn't happen to be a Berg would it? Dang, I want to see it. I haven't even fine tuned my ax10 yet and I'm already wanting to build a Berg, they are sweet. Have fun, maybe see some of you guys on Sunday?
Not a berg, but it sure does climb well. Have to wait and see if Cato ever gets his back. (not going to happin I'm guessin). His should be one of the better ones after it gets done and set up.

Thanks guys for comin out to play.
A good day to crawl, no matter where you went around Denver.
Comark should have some pics to post up under GTG Pics later.

JC
Old 07-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

thanx agian for the courses there skid .It was a great day for crawling after all the gtg I finished my first course ;) with a score of 7 I beleive?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
thanx agian for the courses there skid .It was a great day for crawling after all the gtg I finished my first course ;) with a score of 7 I beleive?
That was great to see you havin a dig on the crawler. You already knew how to crawl well, but with a dig, man you are going to be unstopable.
Good stuff today.

JC
Old 07-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #112

Default hey

ill be at lutz on sunday
FLATBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:12 AM   #113

Default Lutz

I will be there Sunday more changes need to see if they work out
Comark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 AM   #114
Rock Crawler

well, I'm still working on the P.O.S dig that VF makes. I got it back together and now it doesn't want to reengage to 4x4. And to top it off my truck won't run in reverse. Might be my motor? Hope to make it out next weekend.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:08 PM   #115
Quarry Creeper

i watched a berg run yesterday and now my truck is really broken, i dont know how that stupid peice of driveshaft got caught in the middle of the truck but im gonna get it out of there asap!
extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #116
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
well, I'm still working on the P.O.S dig that VF makes. I got it back together and now it doesn't want to reengage to 4x4. And to top it off my truck won't run in reverse. Might be my motor? Hope to make it out next weekend.
I've had my share of problems too. I found out part of it was the locking ring that mounts to the tranny output shaft keeps working loose. I have a ton of thread lock on it now and it seems to be staying put. Also, if you put a petroleum based lube on the shaft where it goes through the nylon bushing in the housing, it makes it hang up. I'm hoping the latest go-around with it is the last one.... So far it's working.
Just make sure to start low on the servo travel adjustments and work your way up. Also, flip the locking screw in the collar so the allan wrench opening is facing the shaft and tighten it down with a pair of needle nosed pliers. It bights better on the shaft than the flat tipped end. Mine constantly slipped.

I hope to be around this weekend......
Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #117
Rock Crawler

Hey Mule, thanks a lot for the pointers...I used white lithium grease, that work ok? I also didn't sand anything, like the cogs, is this a must? It seems to me that this part should "bolt on" and work. I should of known better from my 1:1 Jeep days. Most "bolt on" upgrades took a lot of wrenching to get it right. I just don't have much time off, so when I'm off, I want to crawl. Just want the damn thing to work. I'll take it apart and re-work it. I would like to run in some comps, I need to spend time driving the thing. But having dig is a must. So, if I can't get this dig to work, I might switch to a Berg. Hate to do that since I just spent money on ax10, plus all the upgrades, but hey it's still tons less than the real thing.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Default Lutz

Ok, so I see they removed the request from the comps thread!
I said no whining! Win or Loose.
Anybody up for a NONE-COMP COMP at Lutz on Sunday the 3rd.
There is plenty of parking, no booze allowed, (sorry stewy), no peein in the drainage area, (there are toilets), and just plain fun to be had.
Food close by and plenty of crawlin, (enough courses for 1/2 the series at least).
WELL?

JC
Old 07-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

Hell Yes! All I have to do is get my dig working..... I am tearing it apart tonight and should have it ready for the weekend.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #120
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Hey Mule, thanks a lot for the pointers...I used white lithium grease, that work ok? I also didn't sand anything, like the cogs, is this a must? It seems to me that this part should "bolt on" and work. I should of known better from my 1:1 Jeep days. Most "bolt on" upgrades took a lot of wrenching to get it right. I just don't have much time off, so when I'm off, I want to crawl. Just want the damn thing to work. I'll take it apart and re-work it. I would like to run in some comps, I need to spend time driving the thing. But having dig is a must. So, if I can't get this dig to work, I might switch to a Berg. Hate to do that since I just spent money on ax10, plus all the upgrades, but hey it's still tons less than the real thing.

JC recommends the lithium, I ended up using some "ultra slick synthetic" stuff I had. I'm no guru on these, I just have had my share of issues to work out..... I was hoping he would pipe in, he's the guru on these things. When you crawl with someone and they never have an issue, it speaks volumes to their tech ability.....

I'm still building a 1:1 crawler. Just got the torque converter last Thurs, so I can finally set the engine/tranny/tcase set in.....

JC, I got word about 10 minutes ago that I'll be in KS by Sat..... One of these days I'll be around.