Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Crawlerado Scale Series Top Truck Challenge - April 11th 2009 -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #21
Gettin’ back on the horse

Sunday is the winter series #3 comp at Daniels.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #22
Powered by Awesome

DOH! oh well.. . it is my only free day till next week after work.. so i guess i will getthe ball rolling all by my self.. no biggie. i need the exercise...

"ive been working on the dirt track, all the live long day..."
"Ive been.........

Does anyone have a Dirt Tamper?

and 1x1 wooden stakes about 2 foot long?

and on a side not... i have a surprise... one word.. *concrete*

Last edited by TwistedXT; 03-03-2009 at 01:22 PM.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

hey twisted,,im thomas,,i just recently acquired a 2.2 tuber that i am rebuilding,i got it from steve "1badxj" down in tulsa,,anyway i can make some time this sunday to come down and help you with course set up and build,,do you need shovels or ?

let me know,,ill do what i can,,,thomas @ rmdesignworks
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #24
Powered by Awesome

so.. small change of plans.. my sunday just got shot down.. but my Saturday free'd up... so i will be at Finish Line EARLY saturday morning getting things rolling. I know that Dans comp in Palmer Park is that day, so i dont expect any help this time around but the basics will be set in place and a design plan will be left behind if you would like to help out later. or.. if your not going to compete and want to help out, i am going to try to be there about 7-8 am in the morning.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Mike: Would love to help durring week if your there, this Sunday not good, Winter comp # 3 at Daniels park. So lotsa people at that event!!

Saturday Prob can do, comp that day FL at PP ...
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #26
Powered by Awesome

i will be there a couple days next week as well, but saturday is going to be the big "get it done" day. im drawing up 3d type drawings of the courses that i will leave at Dans shop.. along with my wheel barrel and shovel and such...

Does anyone have a Tonka Dump Truck we can use for the Truck pulling Challenge? one that you wouldnt mind having weighted down? - heck , theres an open opertunity for a sponsor right there!

We will also be reconstructing the rock hills for the obsticle course. <- this i have no plan for... this is open to any and all help, opinions and suggestions. i was thinking maybe even some trials type stuff...

here is for insperation!
Attached Images

Last edited by TwistedXT; 03-04-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #27
Powered by Awesome

i spent a better part of the day diggin at finishline rc today. Since mother nature is going to whoop us with rain and such tomorrow... i will continue diggin more this following week. the general layout is there.. i will draw up more this weekend and leave it at teh shop in case you want to help out and Dan or i am not there. we are still open for the obsticle course. also needing stuff like wooden stakes and such for roping off the courses... i may do that tomorrow... dunno.. we will see what nmother nature decides to dump.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #28
Powered by Awesome

ill be donw at finishline rc this afternoon doing a littl emore work.. and probubly almost every evening this week if you want to come help out.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #29
Powered by Awesome

anyone know where we can get a good sand/clay mixer to make good gooey mud for the comp?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 AM   #30
Powered by Awesome

i dropped off @ 1100 lbs of concrete mix last night - i will be able to return to the location on friday to get more work done....
Old 03-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #31
Powered by Awesome

Scaleness rules for the top truck challeng....

scale scores will be the same, but, instead of points the score will equate to seconds off of your total time.

scale rules....

2 classes - rim size based... 1.9 and 2.2
the scaleness of the tires is open to any tire on the market..
same chassis rules apply - no batteries on the axles
being some sort of water resistance would be recommended. mud and water is a big part of the game.
A winch will be reccomended as well, some courses may require the use of such device to get past the course.
There are no RTI Limitations!
Rear steer is allowed!

For those of you who have seen Top truck.. try to keep your rig inline with the trucks you see on there...

Current Course underway

Tank Trap - 5 water holes and hardcore valley
Frame twisted - rock course, 5 water holes and a mud run with "trees" running across the run
Obsticle course... 2 water holes, axles slides, hill climbs and such... more technical
Mud Run.... um... yeah. self explanitory - long blast of mud.. about 20' long.. starts out about 1" deep up to 6-8" at the end
Rubicon - no water - TONS of rocks
Hill climb - no water, some rocks, no winching allowed

cheap tip for waterproofing - Traxxas.. XL series blue ESC is water proof and a reciever box from the slash or emaxx.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #32
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post
the scaleness of the tires is open to any tire on the market..
Are reduced 2.2 tires allowed in the 1.9 class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post

For those of you who have seen Top truck.. try to keep your rig inline with the trucks you see on there...
So can Peanut enter if I put the battery in the chassis? Even though he is based on an SW2 chassis, seems to me he is very inline with what would be entered at TTC.

Can we enter multiple rigs in the same class or just one rig per driver for each class?
Attached Images

Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #33