Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Crawlerado Scale Series Top Truck Challenge - April 11th 2009 -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #41
Powered by Awesome

No live feed that has been discussed.. i believe the equipment is elsewhere right now for another event.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2009, 10:15 AM   #42
R.I.P. Chip

Live feed is a possibility.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 AM   #43
Powered by Awesome

oohh.. tempting.... as we get closer.. we will talk bro.. just cross our fingers that mother nature knocks this crap off.. cant have a mud run when its below freezing.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:55 AM   #44
Powered by Awesome

Default The Rules

The Rules

1.9 Scale - Must run 1.9 Rims or smaller. Any Tire combo is allowed - Just try to keep it scale. Battery must be Frame Mounted. Wheelbase is only limited by the wheelbase of the body you choose to run. Please try to keep the spirit of the Top Truck Challenge in mind when building your rig.

2.2 Scale
- Must run 2.2 - 2.0 rims. Any Tire combo is allowed - Just try to keep it scale. Battery must be Frame Mounted. Wheelbase is only limited by the wheelbase of the body you choose to run. Please try to keep the spirit of the Top Truck Challenge in mind when building your rig.

Scale Points

Each Scale Point will be converted into seconds and deducted from your total time for the event.

Hard Body = -30
Working lights = - 5
Spare Tire = -10 (Must be equivilant to the tires you are running)
Working Winch = -5
Tow Strap = -5
Interior Detail = -20
Roof Rack = -5
Scale Accessories = -1 to -30 (Camping gear, beer cans, ect)
Remote Servo = -10
Scale Driver = -15
Scale Co-Driver = -15
Tubed Bumpers = -15 Each - Max 30
Tubed Truggy Rear End = -20
Rock Sliders = -10
Full Exo Cage = -50
Sclae Engine = -15
Max deduction = 240 (4 minutes!)

The Courses

5 of the courses will be scored on a progression basis. An alotted time will be given at the time of the start of a course, if Time runs out and you have not completed the course, The time you had to run the course plus 3 min per progression NOT achieved will be you finish time for that course. Courses to be run in this manner:
Truck Pull
Hill Climb
Tank Trap
Mud Run
Hill Climb

2 course will be scored as above, but a 30 second penalty will be applied for gates that are hit. Course to be run in this matter:
Obsticle Course
The Rubicon

$20 to compete
Show starts at 9am!

The lowest total time takes the Trophy!

Last edited by TwistedXT; 04-02-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #45
Powered by Awesome

I also know that there has been some concerns about this just being a weekend to break stuff. That is not so. There will be water and there will be mud. The goal is to have an inch or so of mud with water on top.. making it slick to cross but nothing crazy to fry electronics or mud up motors...

Now, the mud run.. will be mostly mud but starts out shallow and works its way to WOW deep. Proceed till you feel safe. The Tank trap will have progressivly deeper water holes... maxing out at about 5 inches or so.

Keep in mind.. we are all there to have a good time.

Now, after all is said and done.. that track is free range! for those that want it.. the water will flow and your truck may float! - thats just a bonus if you are game after the competition and trophies are handed out!

Last edited by TwistedXT; 04-02-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #46
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post

Scale Accessories = -1 to -30 (Camping gear, beer cans, ect)

This seemed a bit excessive at first, but given the 3 minute penalty for each progress not achieved it's prolly fair.

Does each beer can count as a point? Do things like a radiator count as a scale accessory? Snorkle?
Pepe's going to win the 1.9 class but I just want every advantage I can get.
Quote:
I also know that there has been some concerns about this just being a weekend to break stuff. That is not so. There will be water and there will be mud. The goal is to have an inch or so of mud with water on top.. making it slick to cross but nothing crazy to fry electronics or mud up motors...

Now, the mud run.. will be mostly mud but starts out shallow and works its way to WOW deep. Proceed till you feel safe. The Tank trap will have progressivly deeper water holes... maxing out at about 5 inches or so.

Keep in mind.. we are all there to have a good time.

Now, after all is said and done.. that track is free range! for those that want it.. the water will flow and your truck may float! - thats just a bonus if you are game after the competition and trophies are handed out!
Approximately how heavy will the weight be for the truck pull? 5lbs? 20lbs?
I've got a Tonka dump truck we can use, how about we throw a cinder block on it? Maybe two?

I can't wait for this event, my rigs will be ready.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #47
R.I.P. Chip

Looks like the weather is gonna be good. If it's nice I will plan on being there and doing a live feed. Gonna have to rob Dan's internet connection again.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
This seemed a bit excessive at first, but given the 3 minute penalty for each progress not achieved it's prolly fair.

Does each beer can count as a point? Do things like a radiator count as a scale accessory? Snorkle?
Pepe's going to win the 1.9 class but I just want every advantage I can get.

Approximately how heavy will the weight be for the truck pull? 5lbs? 20lbs?
I've got a Tonka dump truck we can use, how about we throw a cinder block on it? Maybe two?

I can't wait for this event, my rigs will be ready.
Grizz: You've being called out beatch.....Your toast:-P..PEPE will be running away with it's chuwawa-tail tucked tightly between it's wheels This is going to be fun....Can't wait!!
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #49
Powered by Awesome

Over the course of the past 2 days, my house has accumilated about 6 different tonka trucks from 4 different eras! i got the truck pull done yesterday.. just have to mark out the track (which was mud cause of all the snow)... I spent about 2 hours at Finishline yesterday completely reworking his rock pile and now we have a "mini rubicon" that goes from one end of the course to the other. I will be at the location tomorrow from 10:30am till about 3ish working on the obsticle course and finishing touches on the mini rubicon. Small touches here and there need to be made to the other courses and we are ready to rock.

Thanks for doing the live web cam Jason! that will be cool! and it looks like weather will be on our side!

as far as wieght for the tow test... we will see how much she will hold! Realistically, a scale rig wieghs about 5000 lbs and the tow trucks wieghts 40,000 lbs loaded... thus that is 8 times the vehicles wieght. so, if our rig wieghs in at 8lbs... the tonka truck will hopefully wiegh about 70 lbs!

and, you do not need a hook on your rig... i have a VERY low tech chain that will wrap around the rear axle. <- actually works better then you would think and it oputs the pulling pressure on the axles where the links mount to the axle , thus not snapping the axles in half.

Last edited by TwistedXT; 04-07-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Think I will have to bring the comp rig and play on the rocks and watch all this carnage that is going down I expect to see Goodall break, Rogue blow up and lose it. Cato, well he is Cato, no worries. Money is on Grizz or RPMJ bringing the gold home.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #51
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
Grizz: You've being called out beatch.....Your toast:-P..PEPE will be running away with it's chuwawa-tail tucked tightly between it's wheels This is going to be fun....Can't wait!!
Guido may get beat in certain events because he is so heavy. Goodall beat me at the last scale comp I went to. (I think, there were never any scores posted Mike :-P).

But Pepe is a lean mean fighting machine with new Axial axles, winch, and tow points. He will NOT be beat, he's got the looks, the power, and the strength to back it up!! Your F350 will be nuthin but a pile of plastic and rubber when Pepe gets done.

This is going to be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
Think I will have to bring the comp rig and play on the rocks and watch all this carnage that is going down I expect to see Goodall break, Rogue blow up and lose it. Cato, well he is Cato, no worries. Money is on Grizz or RPMJ bringing the gold home.
Thanks for the confidence bud. You should come down and bring the comp rig. Always fun to hang out.
Quote:
as far as wieght for the tow test... we will see how much she will hold! Realistically, a scale rig wieghs about 5000 lbs and the tow trucks wieghts 40,000 lbs loaded... thus that is 8 times the vehicles wieght. so, if our rig wieghs in at 8lbs... the tonka truck will hopefully wiegh about 70 lbs!

and, you do not need a hook on your rig... i have a VERY low tech chain that will wrap around the rear axle. <- actually works better then you would think and it oputs the pulling pressure on the axles where the links mount to the axle , thus not snapping the axles in half.
Will we be pulling on flat ground or uphill like in TTC? Either way I hope I get my weight box done in time.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
Last I talked with Goodall, he and I are both out. Goodall might be, he was working on a rig. I saw it earlier today and it still needs a lot of work to be done. I know we'll both be there to heckle everyone, and I'll take pictures as usual. I'll have some of my rigs with me and will play on the rocks, but I'm really not going to take a chance at damaging any of my electronics. If I had some that were throw away I would.
With mine and my wife's work situations I can not afford to loose anything, can't afford to replace it.
If I have no chance at winning, I'm not going to spend $20 to just kinda compete and take by-passes.
That and I really don't like mud, hated it when I had my Jeep when I was younger, hate it now when I have to work in it (spend and hour last week digging my van out of it) and don't want to spend couple hours cleaning it up after one event.
I wish all those that like it and want to compete in it, good luck and have fun!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #53
RCC Addict

All you pussies in 1.9 are gonna loose! I'm bringin the good stuff and I'm not afraid to break
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
All you pussies in 1.9 are gonna loose! I'm bringin the good stuff and I'm not afraid to break
Chris: of course your not afraid to break You do it every time you crawl:-P:-P:-P

This is going to be fun! Razz Goodall!!

Plus guys, the courses aren't as radical (water-wise)as first thought!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cato; 04-09-2009 at 08:17 AM.
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #55