Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Aug 16 9:00 am start of Scale series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Aug 16 9:00 am start of Scale series

Well since Three people voted to start this weekend and it was the weekend that I wanted to start, we'll start. I also want Rodney to be there as he was the one the asked me the nicest to start this series

Anyways, lets meet at Daniel's Park at 9:00 am. map
Once we're all there will discuss the cost and how what we want to do. So bring some cash just in case.

Grizz if you want to come and need a ride let me know!

I have gates and clip board but do need a timer if someone could bring one please.

The rules will be followed as discussed in my earlier post, but in case you forgot here are what we will be following.

Reverse + 1 point
Rollover + 5 points
Gate, boundary + 10 points
Touch + 10 points
Bypass +5 and a 30 second time penalty

Reverse: Reversing is defined as at any time if any of the tires move the vehicle backward or spin in the reverse
direction, whether engaged or in freewheel and/or whether intentional or not.

Rollover: Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or can not be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. Once righted the vehicle must be driven back into position. All gates not already cleared are still live while on a gated course.

Gate: Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Gate must be cleared in its intended direction. Winching through a gate is allowed. Once a gate is cleared that gate is dead.

Touch: Any contact made to the vehicle by any person during a run. If the touch is resulting in the vehicle being placed back on course the vehicle may not be placed any further forward than the most recent point of progress.

Winch: Winches may be used at any time along the course without penalty unless any part of the winch touches a gate. If that occurs a gate penalty will be assessed.

Time: A 5:00 minute (or 1 minute per gate) time limit can be applied per run, this is not required and will be at the discretion of those judging the courses.

Points for scale items I think should be as follows:

·Hard body (rigid construction, usually abs or polystyrene: essentially any body that is not lexan) -5

·Lexan bodies that are tubed underneath the lexan will also be considered hard body, but the fenders, front and rear bumpers, and roof and hood must be rigidly supported by the tube work. Basically all parts of the body must be supported and not be allowed to deflect in. IE Guido

·Tube beds: should be realistic representations made from metal -5

·Metal bumpers, rockslider -2 each ie -2 for front bumber -2 for rocksliders ect

·Metal exo cage -4

·Interior detail (must have at least driver & passenger seat, dashboard, & steering wheel) -4

·Offroad trailer (must be towed during entire event)-5

·Roof rack with large scale item (canoe or similar, item must be secured to rack with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)-3

·Bed items with large scale item (quad, dirt bikes or similar, item must be secured with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)-3

·Functional spare tire (will be the same size as being run on vehicle)-2

·Scale engine (i.e. Parma hemi)-2

·Functional Lights (Headlights / tail lights / roof / rollbar / crawling)-2

·Driver / Passenger figure (should be scale in size,) -2 point per person

·Frame mounted steering servo. -5

·Functioning winch -3

·Scale accessories (jerry cans, cooler, snatch straps, Pull pals etc {multiples of a particular item will only score once: for example if you have 2 jerry cans you will only score for 1 jerry can})-1 max of -5

·Custom built parts that are not part of the previous scale deductions. -5 max ie. custom one off frames, drop pitman arms, hand build scale items after -5 is reached in above section

I think the max scale deduction should be -30. I feel that those that do take the time and effort to make there rig more scale should be rewarded. I also think that items that are made should be rewarded over things that are just bought.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Cool Todd.........I'm there..........I believe I've got a few extra timers, will bring!! I'll let you know if i don't find them. Hey just don't tell that Goodall dude, that way we can kick his but in the series because of a no show like us last year
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
MODERHATER™

Nice
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
RCC Addict

rodney said he was going with me to mt evans so wtf rouge:-P:-P:-P:-P

Last edited by BILLYGOAT; 08-12-2009 at 05:40 PM.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
[HOONIGAN]

Hey, I gotta go to the scale comp. I have too much time in on building my new 1.9'' scaler. Sorry John:-(
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
rodney said he was going with me to mt evans so wtf rouge:-P:-P:-P:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMJ View Post
Hey, I gotta go to the scale comp. I have too much time in on building my new 1.9'' scaler. Sorry John:-(
nice!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
RCC Addict

well you guys have fun then. i hope Jeff woops all of you.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
well you guys have fun then. i hope Jeff woops all of you.
He probably will........
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
MODERHATER™

I woulda came but 4 day notice plus I had committed to something else 2 weeks before.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I might be able to make it if there is a "rent a scaler" somewhere:-P
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

must finish YJ arrrrrggggg!!!

I probably won't make it to this one but I'll be at the next one.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I woulda came but 4 day notice plus I had committed to something else 2 weeks before.
I know you picked this date for Mt. Evans, but I also in not so clearly manner picked the same date prior to you even posting about it. I then set up a pole with little responce (9 votes and 3 way tie) so I chose what I wanted to do from the beginning.

Four days maybe sort notice, but I know you have a handfull of rigs and could have at least one ready in less then four days. Besides, more then likely would not have come anyways even if you didn't have any thing planned .

I hope that you would have liked to come and plan on coming to the future events. I would really like to see a large turnout for these scale events. They're tons of fun and not so serious.

Hope to see everyone with a scaler come out and have a good time Sunday.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Guess I better start working on a rig or two.
Jgoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #14