Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Scale series calander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgoodall View Post
Put some electronics in and drive it. Scalers never really get finished, always something to change or add to them.
I've been driving it, with the RX sticking off the side of the frame. I want to at the minumum get the body mounted solidly to the frame, and I don't want to do that to the temporary chassis.
I won't be able to make this comp anyway from schedule conflicts (Sunday might have worked, but I'll try and make it to the next one, and bring AliBabba with, he's got a 1.9 SCX10 Hummer H2.)

I was curious though, with the truck as big as it is, is that a good or bad thing compared to who else is running? 11" width, 17" wheelbase... Who else has 2.2s, and what is their width/wheelbase?

According to the rules this truck gives me:
Hardbody -5
Interior -4
Functional Spare -2
Custom Frame -1
Functional Lights -2

That's only -14, at least for now, I'll be adding a winch, CMS, Possibly driver and passenger figures, and a few more scale accessories to max out the -30.

One more question, will my "sub box" count as my "large bed item" and will I get another bonus point if it actually plays music? Also if the metal bumper is behind the plastic bumper will that count as the metal bumper? (think about it, that's how they are on the 1:1s)
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 07:29 AM   #82
[HOONIGAN]

Some pictures of the first event......
Attached Images

RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
I've been driving it, with the RX sticking off the side of the frame. I want to at the minumum get the body mounted solidly to the frame, and I don't want to do that to the temporary chassis.
I won't be able to make this comp anyway from schedule conflicts (Sunday might have worked, but I'll try and make it to the next one, and bring AliBabba with, he's got a 1.9 SCX10 Hummer H2.)

I was curious though, with the truck as big as it is, is that a good or bad thing compared to who else is running? 11" width, 17" wheelbase... Who else has 2.2s, and what is their width/wheelbase?

According to the rules this truck gives me:
Hardbody -5
Interior -4
Functional Spare -2
Custom Frame -1
Functional Lights -2

That's only -14, at least for now, I'll be adding a winch, CMS, Possibly driver and passenger figures, and a few more scale accessories to max out the -30.

One more question, will my "sub box" count as my "large bed item" and will I get another bonus point if it actually plays music? Also if the metal bumper is behind the plastic bumper will that count as the metal bumper? (think about it, that's how they are on the 1:1s)
It really hard to tell you that the wheel base is to big and will not work well. Some course it may have an advantage, others it will cause you problems. Most are running Axial axles and wheel base varies from rig to rig. I would guess the average wheel base for a 2.2 is around 13"

The large bed items are meant to be items like motor cycles, ATV's, canoes, things that you would see in a bed. I honestly don't think you would see a sub box in a "trail rig" possibly yes, but not something that I would really consider see. A sub box in a bed to me makes me think low rider at the mall. As far as scale points sure it's an accessory, but depending on the music that comes out you also maybe penalized.

As far as a metal bumper behind plastic, no it still a plastic bumper. Sometimes I think you taking "scale" way to seriously. If we were to count that then we would be next, scale points for weighing scale, or reducing the amount of torque that the motors produce, because with the electric motors we use now there is no way that any gas/diesel engine could produce those numbers. Some of the scale points are there because with those additions to the rig, it hinders performance. Metal does not slide over rock as easily as does plastic. So adding the metal bumpers you know that your going to be at a disadvantage to someone that dosen't.

It's all give and take, do I want to be lighter...I know this will hurt me, but it looks to good to take off, or I really want to perform well, so I'll leave it off.
I'm not always trying to shoot down your ideas, but these are pretty standard rules through out the community, I really wanted to keep the rules fairly similar to what everyone else runs so if you wanted to go to Montana for Scale Nats or Utah for there scale series events, you would have an idea of what rules the follow and not have to completely rebuild a rig to compete.

Also know that you do not have to have all the scale point deduction to come out and run with us. The scale points are to reward work and hindrances, but at the end of the day it should not have that much of an effect on the outcome of the scores. It is based on how well you can run and compete on three different types of courses.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Answers all my questions perfectly!

I feel like the sub box would be something that would be in this vehicle, so I'll still put it in, whether or not it's worth any points.

I'm shooting for making the 11/08 event, see you guys then! (Have fun tomorrow guys)
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Tomorrow is still on.
We'll see what we can run, but either way we'll have a good time. There is a garage to keep stuff warm and dry. I was also told that there is a fire pit.
Hope to see there.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:01 AM   #86
PapaGriz Yo

I'll see if I can get up in the morning.....

Peanut is ready, Pepe is ready, Guido is being worked on so I might just throw 2.2s on Pepe to run in that class.

I'm assuming a 9:00am start?

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 10-10-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Had a great time today guys, all be it was a little cold!
Really want to thank everyone for coming out today. Catp, Chris, Grizz, Goodall, RPMJ, Dan-FinishlineRC and the newbe Phill THANK YOU for coming out! Brad thank you for letting us come over invade you garage and alley and helping keep us warm.
Sorry no pictures this time, hopefully some one took some and can post them up.

1.9 scores event three.

1.9 overall

2.2 scores event three

2.2 overall
Old 10-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Forgot to add scores for the unlimited tuber class.

Timed gated course:
1st JGoodall 100
2nd Rogue 95
3rd RPMJ 90
4th Grizzly4x4 85

Race 1
1st Grizzly4x4 100
2nd JGoodall 95
3rd Rogue 90
4th RPMJ 85

Race 2
1st Rogue 100
2nd Grizzly4x4 95
3rd RPMJ 90
4th JGoodall 85

Totals for the day:
Rogue 285
Grizzly4x4 280
JGoodall 280
RPMJ 265

Overall standings
Rogue 580
JGoodall 565
RPMJ 540
Grizzly4x4 280

Last edited by Rogue; 10-10-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #89
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Forgot to add scores for the unlimited tuber class.

Timed gated course:
1st JGoodall
2nd Rogue
Hello........ what about Grizz and I. How could you forget us. J/K

Last edited by RPMJ; 10-10-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMJ View Post
Hello........ what about Grizz and I. How could you forget us. J/K
I know I know, but I didn't forget just hit the wronge button. You know I couldn't forget you two
Old 10-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #91
[HOONIGAN]

I love the " unlimited tuber class" it's a blast
Old 10-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMJ View Post
I love the " unlimited tuber class" it's a blast
Talk about good times! Still smiling from these!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #93
PapaGriz Yo

Being as I have this cold, staying up till 1:30am getting Peanut dialed in was rough and I payed for it all evening. But it was worth every minute of it to run in the unlimited tuber class. That was just so much fun I can't believe it! I'm still smiling from it too.
I was a little disappointed in how I drove Pepe, I shouldn't have hit so many cones but being the first (only?) one to jump up the teeter-totter and land on the finish gate was fun.

Thanks for organizing this event and thanks to all you guys for showing up and making it a fun day. Thanks again to Brad for the use of his place. Thanks for the chili, the dogs, and the heat.

A big thanks to all my sponsors, thank you for your support.
RCCrawler
Holmes Hobbies
Reign RC
The Crawler Store
Vanquish Products
Montana Scale Designs
CrawlerGraphics
RCP Crawlers
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #94

Smile A few pics posted

Sorry about the pic quality, not my best pics, maybe I was too cold! I have the album on my profile page. Please go check them out.
Attached Images

rollover3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #95