Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: You guys won't believe this story.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
[HOONIGAN]

Default You guys won't believe this story.......

I think you all know I had my crawler and 4pk stolen this week. Well, as a favor to me, Tom (aka - cruzin illusion) put an ad on Craigslist looking for a crawler. A guy calls him and says he has a crawler for sale. The guy doesn't know what he's got but Tom asks him about the crawler and the kid pretty much describes my crawler exactly. While I was out trick or treating with my kids, and my cell rings. It's Tom calling me and he says, 'What are you doing right now?'. I tell him and he tells me, 'I think I found your crawler.'. He arranged to meet the guy at Walmart so Tom told me to meet him at the Walmart at Bowles and Kipling in 45 minutes. I rush the kids home and I call the Jeffco sheriff and tell them the story. I head over to Walmart and a sheriff calls me on my cell phone, I tell him the story. The sheriff meets me at the a gas station close to Walmart while Tom is still driving to meet me. The Sheriff asks if have proof the crawler is mine and I told him I have pictures of it on my laptop. He asks if I could go get the laptop real quick, so I ran home. Afterwards, Tom, the Sheriff and I all meet at a gas station close to Walmart and we come up with a plan. The Sheriff wants us to meet the kid on the north side of the building and the Sheriff can park in back so they wouldn't be tipped off. I get the Sheriff's cell number and he tells me to call him as soon as I know it's my stolen crawler so he can pull around real quick.

Tom calls the guy and tells him he's at Walmart and to meet him on the north side of the building. Tom also tells him what he's driving and asks him what kind of car he's in. Tom found out that the guy is in a red Dodge truck and informs the Sheriff. The Sheriff gave me his cell phone number and tells me just dial his number once I'm sure it's my crawler. I get in Tom's car and we drive over to Walmart and wait. About 10 minutes later a truck pulls up next to us and low and behold the kid shows him my crawler and 4pk. I dial the cop's cell phone he quickly drives up and parks behind the truck. Then, another Sheriff also pulls up. He asks me if that's my crawler and I say YES. He asks the kid if he knows he in possession of stolen goods. Of course he says no and that his brother gave him the crawler. Well the little ****er was hand-cuffed and taken away and I got my crawler back! By the time I knew it there was 4 cop cars and 5 Sheriffs there. The little bastard was 16 and lives in my neighborhood. He was being arrested for felony theft, he also had an outstanding warrant........ I got everything back except the lipo that was in the crawler.

THANK YOU TOM. You are a great person and a great friend. It was pretty cool how the whole thing worked out. If it wasn't for RCCRAWLER.com, the Jeffco Sheriff's dept. and most of all Tom Barger I would have never got my stuff back.

Last edited by RPMJ; 11-01-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Re-read it and noticed poor grammar.
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Wheres the Helicopters, swat team, and gun fire?????

On a serious note. The guys and girls on RCC are amazing people and have completely suprise me when it come to community. I have never seen on any forum where people will go out of their way to help someone else, for example Brianbodies. I just got lucky that I had any idea and it worked out. I know everyone in Colorado had an eye out for Rodneys stuff and would have done whatever it took to help him get it back.

Last edited by Cruzin Illusion; 10-31-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
Hateraide

Damn little 16 yr olds, it sounds like he needed to be put a way with already having warrents
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
R.I.P. Chip

Kickass, I'm glad you guys found it, and I am glad the punk ass kid got busted for it.

Press all the charges you can on the piece of shit.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
[HOONIGAN]

A big thanks to everyone on this forum. It sucked that it happened but the events of the tonight were EPIC.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
www.team3sixrc.com

again, more proof that the RCC rocks. great job Tom.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
Wheres the Helicopters, swat team, and gun fire?????

On a serious note. The guys and girls on RCC are amazing people and have completely suprise me when it come to community. I have never seen on any forum where people will go out of their way to help someone else, for example Brianbodies. I just got lucky that I had any idea and it worked out. I know everyone in Colorado had an eye out for Rodneys stuff and would have done whatever it took to help him get it back.
I figured no one would believe me.......:-P:-P:-P
Old 10-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Way to go detective Barger

Last edited by paintballer9876; 11-01-2009 at 06:14 AM.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

thats awesome. wich i could have been there to see the look on that kids face when the cops pulled up. heck i was just at that walmart around 5pm today
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #10
RCC Addict

That's awesome news Rodney. Glad you got almost everything back.
Tom, what you did is amazing! Big to you. It's good to have such good people in our crawling community.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

congrats! now get those razor blades installed, and mabe some on your crawler too. lol at least get a safe in your jeep for your crawler. sounds like somethin you would see on cops!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Nice, love hearing this. Great job Tom and congrats Rodney So glad you got your stuff back and the punk ass loser went to jail.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #13
www.team3sixrc.com

what I want to know is whats your states laws on 16 year olds who get caught for theft? Hope the little dipsh!t doesnt get released by some stupid law or something like that. I just want him to spend a quality 6 months in county jail. You dont want the d!ck getting state jail time with half and half and time and a half. meaning he gets sentanced to a year, but actually he gets out in 4 months, maybe 3 with good behavior. Most states can give a 364 day sentance, which means all that half an half and time and half doesnt count. You serve what you get! plus all the eminities you get in prison, you dont get in a county jail.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:52 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Glad to hear you got your rig back.

I would like to see the little shit rot in jail for eternity but alas it probably won't happen For being pretty red state too much of our govt is overran with PC crybaby libs. Unless he has a extensive criminal history he'll probably get probation and public service. If he's got a good rap sheet he could end up in a detention center til he's 18, which is where he belongs.

On a side note if it was a newer truck I'm guessing it's dads since not too many 16yo kids have newer dodge trucks I hope they tow it and impound it his dad/owner will have to wait til monday to get it back and it'll probably cost another $500 or so with towing and storage fees.

Just want to add list every dime you've invested in your rig even parts you have broken and replaced. The severity of theft is determined by the dollar amount get that value as high as possible
gordieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Man that totally kicks ass glad you got all your stuff back and Tom you deserve a big way to go RCC rocks.........
Bigpopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:06 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Kickass, I'm glad you guys found it, and I am glad the punk ass kid got busted for it.

Press all the charges you can on the piece of shit.
What he said^
Hell yeah Rodney what a great story!
Way to go Tom
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:58 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Glad to hear you got most of your stuff back. I hope the kid gets what he has coming to him. Can anyone say prison bitch.
93firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:47 AM   #18
MODERHATER™

Good news, I like it when we win, not the scumbags!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Way to think outside the box Tom. Way to go.

Rodney, glad to see you get stuff back, come and crawl more, we miss you man.

People on RCC ROCK!

Thanks to the Sheriff's Dept.

Go away bad guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR PAY THE PRICE

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #20
RCC Addict

SWEET...........Way to go TOMB........Rodney, the child has returned
cato is offline   Reply With Quote