Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: "No Farmington for Me! GTG"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default "No Farmington for Me! GTG"

Does anyone want to have a GTG on the 27th? I am not going to be able to go after all but I still want to crawl,,anyone else?

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 02-23-2010 at 07:09 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I should be able to make it.
hotrod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Assuming I find some delrin rod and get my rig back together I'll be needing to tune so I can show up will have to bring the munchkin though

But he can crawl too
gordieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

From what I understand it should be decent weather this week so let hope its clear on the rocks,,if the rocks are still snowed in,,then we can hit a real nice area I recently found off of 136th and Zuni in Broomfield,,a lot of different sized rocks all out in the Sun.

Ill check the rocks later in the week to see how they are shaping up...

I dont have gates,,does anyone have some they can bring or some I/we can borrow?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Yea I'm not going either....wife has a class she has to take frickn Saturday and no one to watch the boys. But the boys and I might come down to HT. Jax is dying to run the MRC I built him and I definitely need more wheel time

Hey Gordie, what size do you need?
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Shon,,did you get the pm i sent you?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I was thinking if it warms up this week and much of the snow melts let's go to a natural terrain area, I'm not sure what you found thomas but I was thinking daneils park would be fun, I have gates and chalk if need be also
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Adam...ive gotta watch my cash flow real close for the next couple weeks,,,hence,in part, not going to Farmington
Old 02-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I would be up for some crawling. Plus, I only live 5 mins from 136th and Zuni.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I should be able to make it. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates. I was thinking htw would run a comp on Sat since last one was cancelled but not sure yet. I also have about 6 gates i'll bring too.

Hey anyone that knows me plz add me as a friend on here too. I'm still learning names and don't know who most of you are on rcc yet.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post

Hey Gordie, what size do you need?
Looking to just sleeve some 8/32 all-thread for lower and some 3mm for upper I been running stainless tubing but wanting a change might just have to make some links with some rod.

Would like to find 1/4 tube and some 3/16 if they even make it....ok I'm sure I can get it made but I can't afford that haha

And for gates I have some tennis ball ones enough for a start, finish and 10 gates they are a little big though but good for practice
gordieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

id be down for daniels park adam.
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
I should be able to make it. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates. I was thinking htw would run a comp on Sat since last one was cancelled but not sure yet. I also have about 6 gates i'll bring too.

Hey anyone that knows me plz add me as a friend on here too. I'm still learning names and don't know who most of you are on rcc yet.
James,,,,Saturday (2-27) is the comp in Farmington,,the basis of this thread being started. I was all set to go and things went in the crapper and Im now unable to go.

If the GTG is held at Daniels I doubt Ill be able to go. i dont know, we'll see I guess.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I would be up for some crawling. Plus, I only live 5 mins from 136th and Zuni.
Do you know the spot Im talking about Dave? Behind the Quail Creek shopping center (north side)?

I expect HTW wont be clear of snow,,,not enough Sun gets on the rocks.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I am good with 136th and Zuni...I live at HWY 52 and I-25, so it is pretty close!
hotrod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Ill check on Quail Creek later in the week and Ill keep an eye on the weather reports too,,,Quail Creek is actually pretty cool as far as these types of areas go.. There are a lot of rocks in about 4 closely related areas that offer a lot of lines and possibilities. The thing I like about it is,,it's all out in the sun. There isnt much protection from wind but at least you arent in the shade.

Crawlerado Crawling Atlas

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 02-23-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

I have chores to do, but I will shortly be heading up to htw to clear off rocks again. Surely they will be dry come the weekend.
dingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

my bad, wasn't thinking about HTW not having a make up comp because of Farmington lol. I really wanna go to Daniels park, i've heard it's fun there but this Sat prolly wouldn't be good for me to go down there because I doubt I can make a full day of it. The 136th and Zuni is more probable for me for sure. Don't base where you decide to go on me and if it is Daniels I'll try to make it down there for atlease a few hours. I just know i'm wanting to crawl for sure
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Adam...ive gotta watch my cash flow real close for the next couple weeks,,,hence,in part, not going to Farmington
I was just throwing it out the there, what kinda rock is the is the quail creek area rip rap, or natural? I have that no money problem to so farmington was a no go for me too
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingaling View Post
I have chores to do, but I will shortly be heading up to htw to clear off rocks again. Surely they will be dry come the weekend.
Let us know,,but if it isnt in the 50's i dont think I wanna stand in the shadows for no points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
my bad, wasn't thinking about HTW not having a make up comp because of Farmington lol. I really wanna go to Daniels park, i've heard it's fun there but this Sat prolly wouldn't be good for me to go down there because I doubt I can make a full day of it. The 136th and Zuni is more probable for me for sure. Don't base where you decide to go on me and if it is Daniels I'll try to make it down there for atlease a few hours. I just know i'm wanting to crawl for sure
Dont worry James,,I wont make my decision based on your time,,lol,,seriously though,I ran a couple of packs at QC and there are some prety nice lines there and I only tried one of the four spots. I too wanna go to Daniels, but the extra gas is just kind of short for a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer9876 View Post
I was just throwing it out the there, what kinda rock is the is the quail creek area rip rap, or natural? I have that no money problem to so farmington was a no go for me too
Adam,,its all good man,,,it is rip rap,,but its larger rock in concrete that arent set like 5 feet apart so you can get some decent lines and breakovers,,some nice tire eaters there too. I was all ready to go to Farmington,,Im so pissed things turned around on me. The Farmington guys did get me a refund though,,