Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Grand Junction Scale summer schedule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Grand Junction Scale summer schedule

I thought I would start a separate thread on the Scale summer schedule to help keep the comp thread from getting cluttered.

As most of you know, Steve has asked my self, Ryan R, and Ryan T to put on the scale comps this year. So, these are going to be ran the same way that our Outcast Winter Events were ran.

Almost all of these comps will be on the third week of the month and at the same location as the Comp rigs are ran. This is done to make it easier to work with the BLM for permits.

If there are any changes to the events, I will post them in this thread. I have tried to give most everyone a copy of the rules, but I know some people have not got them. So, I will have a few extra sets with me this weekend at our first comp. We are using the same rules that used in Denver and other areas. I want to be able to go from area to area and still have the same basic set of rules. There will always be a few variations of them of course.

This site also has all the info for the comp fees. So please take a minute and read through it

I thought I would through in the dates and locations. I will make changes as they happen.

March 21st - Bridgeport Barrow Pits

April 18th - Bangs Canyon

May 16th - Bentonite Site

June 6th - Moab, UT

July 25th - 27 1/4 Road . Directions will be posted in next couple of days.

August -

September 19th - Hwy 141, Cactus Park

October - Montrose, (more details soon)

Last edited by 70duncan; 09-10-2010 at 09:13 AM.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Our first comp is at the Bridgeport Barrow Pits.

March 21st at noon.

Leave Grand Junction on Hwy 50 East towards Delta.
Once you get to the Intersection of 32 Rd and Hwy 50, it is 13.5 until you reach Bridgeport Rd.
Turn right on Bridgeport Rd. and follow about 3.5 miles. We will be at the Bridgeport Barrow Pits.

Here is a map to get you there.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...7&ie=UTF8&z=12

Start time is at noon.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Got Worms?

i was just looking at my rules i printed off for my 2.2 and there isn't nothing about scale crawlers, what rules do we follow for the scalers and how are they scored.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Here are the new rules. There is really only a few minor changes.

2010 Scale Rules

Penalty Points:

Reverse + 1 point
Rollover + 5 points
Gate, boundary + 10 points
Touch + 10 points
Rescue +5 points
Max Points per course = 60 points

Reverse: A reverse penalty occurs at any time if any of the tires move the vehicle backward or rotate in the reverse direction, whether intentional or not. The judge may allow the tires to unintentionally roll back slightly without penalty, but this is limited to less than ¼ turn of the tires. There are no free reverses.

Rollover: Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or cannot be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. Once righted the vehicle must be driven back into position.

Gate: Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Gate must be cleared in its intended direction, and in its intended order. Winching through a gate is allowed.

Touch: Any contact made to the vehicle by any person during a run. If the touch is resulting in the vehicle being placed back on course the vehicle may not be placed any further forward than the most recent point of progress.

Winch: Winches may be used at any time along the course without penalty unless any part of the winch touches a gate. If that occurs a gate penalty will be assessed. While winching, the driver may touch the vehicle only enough to operate the winch. If the driver moves the vehicle while winching, a touch penalty will be assessed.

Rescue: Points are assessed when another driver uses their vehicle (whether by winch or tow strap, or any other means) to pull the driver on course past an obstacle. Pushing is not allowed. Points are assessed each time a winch or tow line is hooked to the rescued vehicle.

Time: A time limit may be applied for each course; this will be at the discretion of the course officials, and communicated to the driver before their run. A driver that fails to complete the course in the allotted time will be assessed the max points, minus any gate progress points.

Point out: If a driver acquires 60 penalty points during any course attempt, the driver’s run will be ended, and they will be assessed the max points, minus any gate progress points.
Scale point bonuses

The following items are given scale bonus points. Points are limited to a maximum of 30 scale bonus points, deducted from total penalty points earned throughout competition. Vehicles should have realistic scale tread tires. So, vehicles with tires that are considered “competition” tires (those with an un-realistic tread pattern) will be penalized 5 points calculated after all scale bonuses. As a result, vehicles with “non-scale tires” limited to a maximum of 25 scale bonus points.

Body and Bodywork:

•Hard body; Full Length –7, Cab only –5: must be a rigid construction, usually made from abs or polystyrene; essentially any body that is not Lexan. (75% of existing body must be hard plastic or metal)

•Lexan bodies that are tubed underneath the Lexan will also be considered hard body, but the fenders, front and rear bumpers, and roof and hood must be rigidly supported by the tube work. Basically all parts of the body must be supported and not be allowed to deflect in. i.e. Guido

•Interior detail; 3D Interior –3, Lexan cover -1: Should have at least a driver seat & passenger seat, dashboard, & steering wheel (See “Non-Functional Accessories” for driver figure points.)

•Plastic bumpers; -1 each: Must be attached to frame rather than body

•Custom Hard Body Work –2 each, max -7: i.e. Crew Cab extensions, custom hoods, drop beds, bobbed and/or dovetailed beds, inner fender wells etc.

Metalwork:

•Full metal tube chassis; permanently attached to frame –7, bolted to frame –5: with plastic panels -1, with metal panels -3

•Tube beds; metal –5, plastic -2: should be realistic representations of a 1:1 bed. Must include a bed, if there is no bed you would receive -4 for metal and -1 for plastic.

•Metal bumpers; -2 each, -5 for both front and rear: Must be attached to frame

•Metal cage work –4: includes roll cages or exo-cages

•Custom Chassis –2: Chassis must be cut out from a larger sheet of metal, or square tubing bent and cut in half lengthwise for a c channel style chassis, for points to be awarded.

•Custom Metal Work –2 each, max -6 – this includes anything else, like rock sliders, metal 4-link trusses, metal fuel cells, metal roof rack, roll bars, and other metal scale accessories excluding pull pals (pull pals awarded points in “Accessories”)

Functional Scale Accessories:

•Off road trailer –5: To receive this bonus you must pull it during either Hill Climb or Time Trial.

•Leaf Springs; 1 axle –2, both axles -5

•Functional spare tire –2: Spare tire and wheel must be similar in size as being run on vehicle

•Functional Lights; up to -4: This includes headlights, taillights, roof lights, roll bar lights, crawling/rock lights, dash lights, etc. Lights must be on during each course attempt. –2 awarded for primary lights (must have headlights AND taillights), and an additional –2 awarded for auxiliary lights (after points awarded for primary lights).

•Functional winch –3

•Frame mounted steering servo –5

•Other Functional accessories –2 each, max -6: These include ladder ramps, functional horn, functional speakers, hinged doors that open and close, steering wheel or drivers with heads that turn with steering, etc. Items must be carried on/in and operational for entire competition to be awarded points.

Non-Functional Scale Accessories:

•Large scale item –3: for the roof, this includes a canoe or similar, for the bed, this includes a quad, dirt bikes or similar. Item(s) must be secured to roof rack or bed with tie downs or straps; no Velcro will be permitted.

•Non-Functional spare tire –1: Spare tire and wheel of a significantly different size as being run on vehicle will be awarded points as a non-functional spare.

•Scale engine –2: i.e. Parma Hemi.

•Driver / Passenger figure -2 point per person: Must be scale in size, and retain at least 75% of original body parts.

•Other scale accessories –1 each max –5: This includes items such as jerry cans, cooler, snatch straps, pull pals, etc. Multiples of a particular item will only score once: for example if you have 2 jerry cans you will only score for 1 jerry can.

•Custom accessories –1 each max –5: This includes custom built parts that are not part of the previous scale deductions, i.e. drop pitman arms, hand build scale items after -5 is reached in Accessories sections.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
Got Worms?

thanks
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Had a great time guys

Thanks for coming out and playing with scale trucks.

Here are the scores from Sunday.

I hope the people that were able to take some pictures will post them up in here.

If you are curious how the scoring goes, I will try to explain it as best as I can.

First place gets 100pts
Second place gets 95pts
And so on.

I do this for each course. Then for the comp course, you get your normal points for the course and then I subtract the Scale point of your rig.
This lets us know who gets what place for each course, and then the numbers are added together to get the total for the day.

Last edited by 70duncan; 03-22-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Well, I don't see any othe pictures on here. So I thought I would share a few that a friend sent me. I didn't want this to be a look at my truck post, But it is what it is .

Old 03-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #8

I am loving that mega cab! Looks like the weather was much better than it was for the comp crawlers.
rockhound322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #9

Had a lot fun James. I hope to get my winch working for the next comp.
masscwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhound322 View Post
I am loving that mega cab! Looks like the weather was much better than it was for the comp crawlers.
Thanks . The weather was great. I even sunburn the top of my head. Wasn't expecting it to be like spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masscwlr View Post
Had a lot fun James. I hope to get my winch working for the next comp.
I did too Rex. It was a fun day. I keep forgetting to use my winch to help me in the tight spots . I need to remember to use it more.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Just wanted to make sure people knew there was a scale comp this sunday April 18th.

scale comp on sunday starts at 1
up at bangs canyon

Here is how to get to Little Pard Rd.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.154324&z=13

And here is the site.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.154324&z=13

Once on Little Park Rd, just follow it untill you see a small sign that lets you know to turn left to Bangs Canyon. The parking lot is just about a 100 yards down the road.

I beleive the comp site as at the place called the playground which is down the road about a mile past the parking lot. Gat ahold of one of the scaler guys for confirmation before you go. (ie the other people in this thread)

MystRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Scaler Comp Results

Soooooooo,,,, James is still out of town. Here are the scores from the Comp on 4/18/2010 at Bangs Canyon.

Ryan Rockow, 285
Anthony Cordova, 280
Ryan Tousley, 265
Shawn Brake, 260
Jesse Bruckner, 255
Doug Little, 230

Ryan Tousley, 295
Steve Chelewski, 290
Jesse Bruckner, 270

2.2 Youth
Jonathan Chelewski, 195
Elijah Chelewski, 195
R2, Ryan Rockow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

fun comp today the sun was out
a little sun burnt, nothing a cold beer
cant fix
rtousley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Here's the Finals for the comp to day, 5/16/2010 "Bentonite Site".

Thanks to all for the help settin' up the course's and Judging. Hopin' more people will show up next time. First "crawler" comp of the year had lots of people playin with there scalers in between course's so maybe we can get those people to start coming out for the scaler comp's to.

1.9's

1st, Ryan Rockow........Axial Scx-10 Toyota Hilux---- 285
Tie, Anthony Cordova...Axial Scx-10 Honcho---------- 280
Tie, Ryan Tousley.........Axial Chevy------------------- 280
4th, Shawn Brake..........Axial Scx-10 Trail Ready-------- 265
5th, Ruben....................Axial Scx-10 Honcho------------ 240

2.2's

1st, Ryan Tousley....... Axial Scx-10 Jeep------- 300
2nd, Steve Chelewski.... Custom Tuber Jeep----- 285
3rd, Robert Kraus.......... Axial Scx-10 Chev------ 270

2.2 Youth

1st, Jonathan Chelewski...... Custom Tuber Jeep----- 200
2nd, Elijah Chelewski............ Custom Tuber Jeep----- 190

Last edited by R2, Ryan Rockow; 05-16-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up Scaler Comp Jun 20th 2010

1.9 Class

1st, Ryan Rockow........Axial Scx-10 Toyota Hilux---- 290
2ns, Shawn Brake..........Axial Scx-10 Trail Ready-------- 285
3rd, Ryan Tousley.........Axial Chevy------------------- 280

2.2's

1st, Ryan Tousley....... Axial Scx-10 Jeep------- 295
2nd, Steve Chelewski.... Custom Tuber Jeep----- 290
Old 06-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Exclamation Learders Board

I don't know if anyone is really reading this thread, no one seems to post anything anymore. But here are the scores so far for the year.

Totle points for all 4 comps so fare.

1.9 Scaler Class

1st, Ryan Rockow------------------1120
2nd, Ryan Tousley-----------------1075
3rd, Shawn Brake------------------1035
4th, Anthony Cordova--------------815
5th, Jessie Bruckner----------------485
6th, Doug Little--------------------450
7th, James Duncan-----------------280
8th, Rex Massey-------------------260
9th, Ruben-------------------------240

2.2 Scaler Class

1st, Ryan Tousley------------------1190
2nd, Steve Chelewski---------------1145
3rd, Jessie Bruckner-----------------550
4th, Robert Kraus-------------------535

2.2 Youth Scaler Class

1st, Jonathan Chelewski-------------395
2nd, Elijah Chelewski----------------385

I took all the scores off this thread and added them up this is what they came out to.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

that was fun today
bugs were so bad i think we needed a giant fan with us
rtousley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Man I sure wish I could make to the Scalar comps .

Thanks RT and R2 for picking up my slack.

I did get some good news kind of. I should be starting a normal rotation for days off in August or September .

I will try to catch up start carrying my own weight again.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
Man I sure wish I could make to the Scalar comps .

Thanks RT and R2 for picking up my slack.

I did get some good news kind of. I should be starting a normal rotation for days off in August or September .

I will try to catch up start carrying my own weight again.
thats what friends are for right, you've got a family to look out for, so don't worry about picking up any slack cuz there isn't any.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Exclamation comp

The scaler comp for July will not be on the 18th, it has been moved to the 25th... 9am 27 1/4 Rd. For club members info to whom it may concern.