Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Careless driving?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Careless driving?

First off, let me say this, I am guilty. This is not about "getting out" of the fine, it's about using my legal rights to reduce the number of points.

So riding to lunch on my motorcycle a motorcycle officer pulls me over. I didn't see him behind me because I was passing a Dodge truck. He followed me till I rolled (like every motorcyclist does) through a stop sign.
I'm usually pretty good about spotting police, and I haven't had a ticket in 5 years.

He got me for failing to stop at a stop sign (4 points) and careless driving (4 points) Total fine is $300

He said that at first he thought I was strying to get away from him. I wanted to say "If I wanted to get away from you, I would have" but I kept my mouth shut.
I'd say I was going about 30% of what my bike is capable of on city streets, apparently that's about 90% of whats capable on a Yamaha FJR1300.
I was really close to doing my daily wheely up my street when he lit me up. I'm sure he would have liked that.

So if anyone knows any good traffic lawyers or has beers with a colorado springs ADA/judge, please let me know.

From now on, I'll be checking the baffles like a paranoid russian.

Ride safe
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Joe...you hellion you
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

get ahold of mark menscher, tell him cody buck sent you. lol i racked up 56 points worth of tickets in my old honda and thanks to him i was only convicted of 7! hes a bad ass! and he should hook you up pretty good if he knows i sent you. he a really cool dude, and he rides too!
just hit him up! and he will hook you up!
mark menscher

19 N Tejon St Ste 204
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
719-227-1882

oh yeah, if you pulled that front tire up you woulda got busted for street racing and he would have impounded your bike. and thanks to the new street racing law, if you get caught racing, doing a burn out, or doing a wheelie, its automatic street racing and they impound and crush the vehicle! and best of all colorado springs and fountain lead the NATION in unnecessary traffic citations! colorado springs traffic cops are crooked.

my clutch was goin out in my honda so the light went green and i hit the gas and let the clutch out and it revved to about 3000 rpm and this dumb ass cop said i was going too fast for her to even respond and grab her radar.... i wasnt even out of first gear and i was doin about 30. well she said i was full of it and gave me a street racing ticket. i took mark menscher with me to court and it was dropped! lol
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
get ahold of mark menscher, tell him cody buck sent you. lol i racked up 56 points worth of tickets in my old honda and thanks to him i was only convicted of 7! hes a bad ass! and he should hook you up pretty good if he knows i sent you. he a really cool dude, and he rides too!
just hit him up! and he will hook you up!
mark menscher

19 N Tejon St Ste 204
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
719-227-1882

oh yeah, if you pulled that front tire up you woulda got busted for street racing and he would have impounded your bike. and thanks to the new street racing law, if you get caught racing, doing a burn out, or doing a wheelie, its automatic street racing and they impound and crush the vehicle! and best of all colorado springs and fountain lead the NATION in unnecessary traffic citations! colorado springs traffic cops are crooked.

my clutch was goin out in my honda so the light went green and i hit the gas and let the clutch out and it revved to about 3000 rpm and this dumb ass cop said i was going too fast for her to even respond and grab her radar.... i wasnt even out of first gear and i was doin about 30. well she said i was full of it and gave me a street racing ticket. i took mark menscher with me to court and it was dropped! lol
Awesome. thanks! I will definitely be getting in touch with him.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #5

Man is it just me or does it seem like colorado has some jacked up traffic laws, I know where I am if you get pulled over by a cruiser they are usually pretty cool, but if you get busted my a moto cop your screwed They will fine you for everything possable, if your on a bike.

Anyways im sure you will beat the careless ticket i dont know why he gave you that. Good luck An ride safe.

O ya where im at a wheelie is atomatic loss of license them
rockhound322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

With no tickets in 5 years they may let you off easy. I'm not saying you shouldn't speak with a lawyer, they know better than anyone. I got a wreckless driving ticket about 4 years ago for doing a burnout/ u-turn in my bosses dodge hemi. Those cycle cops are hard to spot! Anyway I had a clean record and they plead it down from $250 and 6 points to a defective headlamp $85 and 0 points. But a lawyer would know better. That guy kronik recommended is good, I've heard of him before from my friend that used him when he got tagged at 170 on the interstate on his ducati.

Till then brush up on your Crazy Ivan's!!!

Last edited by Blazefighter; 03-29-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Blazefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

no problem joe. glad i could help!
fyi- the cspd has been adding under cover units as well. everything from a tan charger, no cage in the back, all the way to a white chevy 2500hd.<< so keep those eyes peeled!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Talking

So on my ride home I was going over the incident and I realized that he wrote me down for blowing through the stop sign on catalpa and cragwood, well that's a yeild, not a stop!

So does anyone know how I prove that its a yeild? city planning prints or something.

Last edited by engineerjoe; 03-29-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
So on my ride home I was going over the incident and I realized that he wrote me down door blowing through the stop sign on catalpa and cragwood, well that's a yeild, not a stop!

So does anyone know how I prove that its a yeild? city planning prints or something.
go and take a pic and take it to court! pictures prove everything. mabe the yield sign in the pic with the road name signs in the same picture....

edit- that cop is a jack ass! wow! arent you glad that idiots like him are "protecting" us! lmao.
i do believe you just got yourself out of both tickets lol

Last edited by kronik; 03-29-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #10

Yup take a picture. an if you can get the street signs in it.
rockhound322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

This was a while back, but I was tagged for 60 in a 25 . I guess I just liked the way the motor and exhaust sounded and wasn't paying attention to the speed limit. Because I hadn't had a ticket in a few years, the judge at the court house deferred the ticket and just made me go to defensive driving school for 2 days. Of course it was the city course.

But as long as I didn't get another ticket in 6 months, nothing would show up on my record. Just thought I would let you know.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
This was a while back, but I was tagged for 60 in a 25 . I guess I just liked the way the motor and exhaust sounded and wasn't paying attention to the speed limit. Because I hadn't had a ticket in a few years, the judge at the court house deferred the ticket and just made me go to defensive driving school for 2 days. Of course it was the city course.

But as long as I didn't get another ticket in 6 months, nothing would show up on my record. Just thought I would let you know.
lol, i have gone past a cop at 140 in my old honda and i was 17.... anyway i past him at blackforest and woodmen and he followed me all the way out to falcon... long story short... he said he was doing 160 and couldnt even touch me!he gave me a curfew ticket because he didnt want to do the paper work... i got sooo lucky! the speed limit was 45 at the time... i dont know how i got away with it.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Joe - you know that those supermoto guys are just a bunch of careless hoodlums!
It sounds like you'll get out of this one without too much damage.
GATOROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Cool This remind's me of the good ol'day's of my youth too

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATOROC View Post
Joe - you know that those supermoto guys are just a bunch of careless hoodlums!
It sounds like you'll get out of this one without too much damage.
Quote:
lol, i have gone past a cop at 140 in my old honda and i was 17.... anyway i past him at blackforest and woodmen and he followed me all the way out to falcon... long story short... he said he was doing 160 and couldnt even touch me!he gave me a curfew ticket because he didnt want to do the paper work... i got sooo lucky! the speed limit was 45 at the time... I dont know how i got away with it.
___ I still miss the shi' out of my ol'sportster that I had just for street dragging in downtown Detroit back in the early 80's - Then I got married and had to afford a "Rugrat" not to long after that.... I was some what of a legend with all the cop's around that town to by God' -most of them got tired of chasing me to after awhile,...LoL' - and I bet they'd be telling each other-> "watch out for that crazy kid' on his flat black and strip down harley' for he'll be out there somewhere' and we'll get him again'... I still got alot of point's to this day but I'm not at all worried about them either -*Ride safe bro's*- and watch out for them mutha'-fawker's too' - for they ain't got nothing better to do - ya' know's - and hey Cody' for you sound just like me - when I was that very age too Rotflmao' - Scoot'er
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #15

Joe,
Where was this cop hiding?

I try to keep tabs on the hiding spots because I only obey the laws about 5% of the time when I am on my triumph

On another note, I don't understand the logic that a speeding ticket on a motorcycle that weights 400lbs is the same as a truck that weight 10,000lbs but I digress
xdillonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdillonx View Post
Joe,
Where was this cop hiding?

I try to keep tabs on the hiding spots because I only obey the laws about 5% of the time when I am on my triumph

On another note, I don't understand the logic that a speeding ticket on a motorcycle that weights 400lbs is the same as a truck that weight 10,000lbs but I digress
He said he was following me from Nevada almost to my house.

That's unlikely because the nearest donut shop is on filmore. My guess is that he spotted me coming up mt view

I really don't know how I missed him, he must have had stealth mode on.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
He said he was following me from Nevada almost to my house.

That's unlikely because the nearest donut shop is on filmore.
:l mao:
thank you for that joe! i just started laughing so hard!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Talking

Quote:
:l mao:
thank you for that joe! i just started laughing so hard!
___ Rotflmao X2 yeah that's a good one there Joe' nearest donut shop' lmao' - Scoot'er.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote