Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Scale series points and pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Scale series points and pictures

Ii had to do something a little different for this event with scores that I haven't had to do before. With us running 4 courses and the other events depending on turnout we will usually run three. With us running four courses this would cause this event to have a higher importance on attendance then others and that to me is not fair to those that could not make it. So with that said what I did was drop the lowest score of the four courses ran. That is why you will see a 0 in different sections.
There were also some ties and I didn't have times kept on those courses so there was no way to have a tie breaker. This will be something that I have to correct for the next event.

2.2 all scores on 4 courses

2.2 with lowest course dropped

Overall standing for 2.2

1.9 all scores on 4 courses

1.9 with lowest course dropped

Overall standings for 1.9

Course totals and scale points per driver and class.
Course 1 and 2 are gated courses. 3 is the time trial and coures 4 is hill climb. The first # in hill climb total is how many gates cleared and second # is time.

Last edited by Rogue; 04-26-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Fixing scores
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

thanks for posting the standings but... i was at the first event and there is a 0 for my score? i did not have a 2.2 but i ran the 1.9 class
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

same here tim.....mine got split because i registered under 2 names like a dumbass.....did you use the same name in registration......my combined score....van(me)+Flapjack(me) is 820........sorry ill reg as flapjack for the rest of the series my bad
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
same here tim.....mine got split because i registered under 2 names like a dumbass.....did you use the same name in registration......my combined score....van(me)+Flapjack(me) is 820........sorry ill reg as flapjack for the rest of the series my bad

i wasent sure if some one else was named tim lol. i put timmy85 both days.
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i dunno now that something has been said......it will probably get fixed...
Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I'll get them fixed here shortly, sorry about that.
I still don't know every ones names/screen names and rigs yet.

Here are some of the pictures that I took over the weekend.

Thursday night a little after Jeff and I had gotten camp all set up and started to eat some dinner, a fox showed up in camp

Brave little guy wants some sausage

getting closer

payday! He did this a few times and came back Saturday night as well and got some more goodies!

Friday morning didn't look so good. Jeff and I had our tent collapse on us about 6am

Jeff trying to get the fire started sometime on Friday

Wet wet snow

Saturday morning didn't look to great either

guys started showing up

It still wasn't all that great but the sun was soon to come out and turn into a great day!

Last edited by Rogue; 04-26-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: fixing link
Old 04-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

schweeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt!!!!!! all the pics are great
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Default Two names

Sorry but i too went in with too names. The first comp my paper was Ben Button and the second comp. was Ben and underneath was Ramset. Some one asked me what my RCC name was. You can decide what name for me to stick with. Thanks for combining my 2 comp.s Rouge, you guys put up some awesome courses.
Ramset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Thanks Todd.............thanks for the quick score up-date...and sharing the KILLER pics.........
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
MODERHATER™

I don't see my name in there, I thought I should be in the lead? Maybe you just had a mix-up?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Ii had to do something a little different for this event with scores that I haven't had to do before. With us running 4 courses and the other events depending on turnout we will usually run three. With us running four courses this would cause this event to have a higher importance on attendance then others and that to me is not fair to those that could not make it. So with that said what I did was drop the lowest score of the four courses ran. That is why you will see a 0 in different sections.
There were also some ties and I didn't have times kept on those courses so there was no way to have a tie breaker. This will be something that I have to correct for the next event.

2.2 all scores on 4 courses

2.2 with lowest course dropped

Overall standing for 2.2

1.9 all scores on 4 courses

1.9 with lowest course dropped

Overall standings for 1.9

Course totals and scale points per driver and class.
Course 1 and 2 are gated courses. 3 is the time trial and coures 4 is hill climb. The first # in hill climb total is how many gates cleared and second # is time.
Highlighted what you said and was curious when you had the overall for 2.2 with the totals of all 4 courses sumed in.

Still sticking with 1 name.

Nice pics.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid plate View Post
Highlighted what you said and was curious when you had the overall for 2.2 with the totals of all 4 courses sumed in.

Still sticking with 1 name.

Nice pics.

JC
Yea one more mistake that I made.

All issues that I have been posted have been corrected
Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

wow that fox was soo cool!
CRAWLIN5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #14

Great weekend! Thanks Todd, Jeff. Lots of good scaler fun!!
rollover3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Sad I missed this event, it definitely looked fun with the snow... Here's what I had to put up with on saturday :

Looks like I've got a little work to do to get back to the top half of the list...

One thing I don't like with this type of scoring is that on low-attendance days, someone who DNFs or gets last place gets a higher series score than someone at a higher-attendance event who might have done a whole lot better driving than the other guy.

Example:

In the 1.9 class the lowest score for this event is 405, which was what Mica got in the first event (16th of 24th) so even though Mica drove better overall in the first event, just because there were more people that drove better than he did in that event, he gets the same series score as the last place driver from this event.

For the 2.2s, the lowest score for this event was 540, which would have been 4th place compared to the first event. Griz drove pretty well at the first event, but someone that got last place has a higher series score than he does, I don't think that's fair.

So, for every one who couldn't attend the second event, but attended one of the largest events, they are at a statistical disadvantage to the guys that made it to both or just this event.
This makes less of a difference as the series goes on though, and those who show up to every event, and do well at every event will have the highest score. This only becomes an issue when you have events with big differences in number of people attending.

Either way, these events are just for fun anyways, and I can't wait for the next one (regardless of points)!
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #16
Gettin’ back on the horse

Better just go to all the events then.

Attendance is a big deal, the winter series works the same way.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

i dont mean to sound like a dickhead......but isnt it the point of a series to see who ends up on top when its all done.......in real racing and such if you miss a race you get the penalty of not being there...... myself included ya know...if i missed events i would take the penalty.........But seriously its toy cars as you said.....just trying to put a diff view point to think about as well.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
RCC Addict

There is no fair way to score. In a perfect world we all would be able to attend every event. This is also why we have one dropped event.

I did ask when I first posted dates what issues did anyone have with the dates, really no one spoke up. I've been more then flexible with the dates so we can get the largest turnout possible.

In the end looking at last season results it really does not seem to matter what happens, the better drivers were the ones that finished on top. Yes being at every event helps, but if you were to go back and look at the results, the top drivers did well at almost every event. It's really more about consistency then being at every event, but you do have to make it to at least 5 of the 6 events if you want a chance! If not show up when you can and have a good time while your able to make it.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Better just go to all the events then.

Attendance is a big deal, the winter series works the same way.
Exactly, if you want to have good series points, the only way to do that is show up to all the events and do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
i dont mean to sound like a dickhead......but isnt it the point of a series to see who ends up on top when its all done.......in real racing and such if you miss a race you get the penalty of not being there...... myself included ya know...if i missed events i would take the penalty.........But seriously its toy cars as you said.....just trying to put a diff view point to think about as well.
Ya, I guess I was trying to point out that so far for these two events someone that didn't do so well scored higher than someone who did well at the last event. As the series progresses though, those that continue to do well and show up to each event will remain at the top of the list. Those that only show up to one or two events will remain at the bottom of the list, even if they did very well at those one or two events.

The point is it's a series, and it's not even for money or other prizes, we all do this because it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
There is no fair way to score. In a perfect world we all would be able to attend every event. This is also why we have one dropped event.

I did ask when I first posted dates what issues did anyone have with the dates, really no one spoke up. I've been more then flexible with the dates so we can get the largest turnout possible.

In the end looking at last season results it really does not seem to matter what happens, the better drivers were the ones that finished on top. Yes being at every event helps, but if you were to go back and look at the results, the top drivers did well at almost every event. It's really more about consistency then being at every event, but you do have to make it to at least 5 of the 6 events if you want a chance! If not show up when you can and have a good time while your able to make it.
The last part of your post sums it up, if you can show up to all of them (or 5 of the 6), you have a chance to be in the top spots, otherwise, just come to the events and have fun. That's what it's all about in the end.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

just a warning. there is a rabid fox running around. so you might not wanna get that close again! lol it started with a rabid skunk, now there is a rabid fox! just a heads up!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote