Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Super

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Super

Ok I'm looking for clod axles atm to build a super. I haven't had a super since 2004 when I had my custom solid axle max. So school me on what I need and dont need to get this thing started.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

wow, no one has replied to this yet...

You should be able to find a good set of built clods in the "for sale" section. I would look for some that are already built up, TTR CVD's, aluminum tubes, JP custom knuckles, metal gears, and some kind of steering kit. I used the Hand Brothers BTA on mine and liked them OK. The servo mounts were too thin and bent on the first time out so I used them as a template and made ones thicker. It was a easy fix. One of the main reasons I went away from using clods is if you break a cvd, then finding new ones can be difficult. So part availability, not the best steering angle, not as good axle clearance as the newer stuff out. You really might consider using hybrid bergs or RC4WD Bully's.

As for chassis... not a ton available for super... I really like the superjuice from Krawlfreak, that's what I'm using on my new super build. I liked the hustler I used to run, just heavier and didn't care for the droop set up.

You should also look in the "super" and the "clod" sections to get some more ideas.

Happy building.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote