Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

View Poll Results: Move the Scale Event back one week or keep it as scheduled?
Leave it for this weekend 6 31.58%
Move it back one week to May 30 and go to the Bunny Bash 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Date change for this weekends scale comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
It'll never work!!
Thanks, I got lucky and got a job with in a day. Not quite as good pay or benefits, but they seem like a good bunch and it's always better the unemployment!
just you wait
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #22
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Build yours and stop building something for everyone else!
Hope you can make it.

Really!Busy is good!

I'm going to try real hard to make it! Having scale withdraws here lately, so been doing some SC stuff with my boys.....wait, what?! I'll bring the Blitz for some SC carnage too.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

im down either way got my blazer completly broke down waiting on yhe canyon crawler chassie
TheSkunkBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
just you wait
I'm not scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
Really!Busy is good!

I'm going to try real hard to make it! Having scale withdraws here lately, so been doing some SC stuff with my boys.....wait, what?! I'll bring the Blitz for some SC carnage too.
No...no you've got to take what you can get while you can get it.
SC carnage is always a good thing!!!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #25
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Well for those that voted it looks like the majority want to change it so we will hold the scale comp on May 30th at Coal Creek.
It might be a good thing as Highway 72 has been closed most of the week to everyone but those that live up there and you have to show ID it get through. They might have it open some from what I have read and heard, but there is expected delays. There are other ways to get up there but that would have added additional miles and time to most everyone's commute.
For those that are interested I will be going over to Finishline on this Sunday and will hold an informal, no points comp for scalers. I have been over there the last two nights and have been able to help and set up some cool looking lines. Hope all can come, understand if you can't and we'll get the regular scale series rolling the following Sunday. For those that can't make it the following weekend I'm truly sorry, but like I and others have posted I will never be able to make all of you happy. Hope to see all of you this Sunday at Finishline and then the following weekend up at Coal Creek.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Well for those that voted it looks like the majority want to change it so we will hold the scale comp on May 30th at Coal Creek.
It might be a good thing as Highway 72 has been closed most of the week to everyone but those that live up there and you have to show ID it get through. They might have it open some from what I have read and heard, but there is expected delays. There are other ways to get up there but that would have added additional miles and time to most everyone's commute.
For those that are interested I will be going over to Finishline on this Sunday and will hold an informal, no points comp for scalers. I have been over there the last two nights and have been able to help and set up some cool looking lines. Hope all can come, understand if you can't and we'll get the regular scale series rolling the following Sunday. For those that can't make it the following weekend I'm truly sorry, but like I and others have posted I will never be able to make all of you happy. Hope to see all of you this Sunday at Finishline and then the following weekend up at Coal Creek.
Thanks Todd! I am glad you at least put this to a vote.

I was going to say something about the closures on 72, but figured you knew about it. Hopefully by the 30th we can all get our rigs together and they can get the road finished and have an awesome time up there!
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Thx James, Slodrive, LWB Sami, and everyone for your support...thx to Rogue for liking the Bunny Bash enough to put up a poll and give everyone the chance!!!
FinishLineRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

ok so all the drama and such has been deleted....maybe we can get back to the manner at hand.....what are we doing for next weekend guys?
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
ok so all the drama and such has been deleted....maybe we can get back to the manner at hand.....what are we doing for next weekend guys?

Taken from my post in the scale series thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue
Scale event will be at Coal Creek this weekend. I looked on CDOT's site and all bridge work has been completed.

Same as always 9:00 tech in. No cost, but if you would like to donate towards the final event/barbecue it will always be accepted and appreciated . Location is in the link provided by Grizz (thanks Chris) or you can click here.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

thanx
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #32

Hey there is a fire going up there. Just wondering if we r going to have a comp up there this weekend.

Last edited by hootie; 05-28-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: :-)
hootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #33
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie View Post
Hey there is a fire going up there. Just wondering if we r going to have a comp up there this weekend.
Competition to hot for ya?
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #34
RCC Addict

I didn't know about the fire. I drove up Highway 93 today on the way home from work and didn't see anything. Reading some info on 9news.com it says that the fire is not that larger, maybe only 2-3 acres. I looked on Google Maps and found Blue mountain were the fire's at it quite a ways away from the comp site. Unless they for some reason close Highway 72 the comp will go on. If it does get closed I will try to find another location and we'll still have a comp somewhere. From what I read, it sounds like we'll be good to go though.

Link to 9news story here

Last edited by Rogue; 05-28-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added link to story
Old 05-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

i went up last night to coal creek for a b-day dinner at my folks place. i could see the fire from hy72 but it looked like it was at the top of blue mountin. i have no worries about this weekend
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy85 View Post
i went up last night to coal creek for a b-day dinner at my folks place. i could see the fire from hy72 but it looked like it was at the top of blue mountin. i have no worries about this weekend
Thanks for posting I was going to ride up there today on the motorcycle and make sure we could get up there. From what I have read it there should be no problems.