Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

View Poll Results: Move the Scale Event back one week or keep it as scheduled?
Leave it for this weekend 6 31.58%
Move it back one week to May 30 and go to the Bunny Bash 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Date change for this weekends scale comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Date change for this weekends scale comp

I was asked to see if there is interest in changing the date for this weekends scale comp @ Coal Creek so anyone interested could go to Finishline RC's 3rd Annual Bunny Bash.
If we were to move the event it would be the following weekend, May 30 same time and place. If we do move it, I talked with Dan and he said we could set up some scale courses and have a comp there with no points being involved.
Let me know what you all think.
Thanks, Todd.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I can move the rocks outside to accomodate scaler lines and stuff to do...if you want to do points feel free. a little mad mud and dirt...we got grass and weeds, nature..all we need is you!! I vote for bunny bash so I can hang out with everyone...yes Im bias
FinishLineRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Keep the date

I vote to keep the scale comp. date as is. It was moved once already.

I am new to the scene so here is a serious question:

Are the Scale comps lowest on the pecking order?
Ramset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
I vote to keep the scale comp. date as is. It was moved once already.

I am new to the scene so here is a serious question:

Are the Scale comps lowest on the pecking order?

No, it was first moved because of Mother's day. I'm only asking to see if what everyone wants to do. I got a message about going there and I wanted to see what everyone wants to do. I only wanted to offer this up since Dan is a great guy and his shop is a great place. I want people to have the chance to hang out there and take part in his event. Dan gets some great prizes and I figured many would like the chance to win some prizes have some good food and hang out with some good people. I leave it up to everyone that is involved in the series as it is not just my series, but it is everyones series. Just want to see what people wanted to do.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
[HOONIGAN]

I can't make it this weekend because of my work so I voted for the 30th.
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I voted to move it b/c I have 1:1 trail ride scheduled for this Sun...

Did this date get moved before? I'm almost positive I checked these dates before scheduling my 1:1 trip...

~Troy

Last edited by ScalerFab; 05-17-2010 at 09:06 PM.
ScalerFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL697 View Post
I voted to move it b/c I have 1:1 trail ride scheduled for this Sun...

Did this date get moved beore? I'm almost positive I checked these dates before scheduling my 1:1 trip...

~Troy
Yes this date was changed from theMay 9th to this weekend, I forgot about Mother's Day so it was moved. I also had to move the one in June because of Father's Day, it will also be my wedding anniversary so my wife would have killed me if I was out playing with toy trucks. When I pick days at the beginning of the season, I tried not to conflict with any other series, I also had to work around an on call schedule for a job that I just got laid off from. I also asked if anyone had issues with dates so we could move things around to try to get the largest turnout possible.

Dan's event just came up, he has been a good friend of mine for a while and I like to support him when I can as he usually supports the scale series. This series he's been too busy with his move to make it out to any of the events.
Only reason I'm posting this now is I just was asked about this today from one of the other guys that takes part in the scale series. Dan really didn't have anything for us, I called and asked if he would have an issue if we set up some courses and took part in this event as well. I figured I would let everyone get a chance to vote on it and not just change it.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I fried the Titan in the dodge (Not sure how, maybe a hard hit to the motor?) and the TJ is still not ready, so I voted for the 30th. That gives me just a little more time to get something running.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

i havent voted yet because im kinda tossed up........i dont have anything planned next weekend......so i wouldnt be apposed to doing it next weekend......it would give more time to dial in daves rig anyways if we did it on the 30th........although i do feel kinda feel like the scalers are getting the straight arm in this...nothing against dan or finishline...dan is awesome and the new location is awesome as well......just my 2 cents............my question is....why dosent dan do it next weekend instead of us having to move the date........again......you cant make everyone happy i realize....just figured its a valid point..... as well i dont want to miss either so i hope something happens that we can all do.....

Last edited by flapjack; 05-17-2010 at 10:45 PM.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Would hate to miss either.

I voted to move it back a week and will hopefully be home Memorial weekend. We will see what happens.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:56 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

either way ill make it. i got the honcho on 2.2s now and just finished installing the cms kit and leds.
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:42 AM   #12
MODERHATER™

I can't make it the 30th so I voted leave it, so I guess I miss out both ways...
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:52 AM   #13
R.I.P. Chip

I can't make it either way, going to Oklahoma this weekend, working next weekend.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I'm not so sure about the 30th, I had already made plans for Memorial Day weekend. I'm trying not to skip an event though, it would be pretty lame if I had to miss this one because of another last-minute crawling event coming up.

Why not just hold our event at Finish Line so everybody can be happy? I see we're going back to Coal Creek later this season anyways, and like I have said before, I'd rather compete at more locations. Just a thought.
SLODRIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #15
PapaGriz Yo

This weekend is Heather's birthday so that doesn't work well for me. She has been understanding enough with me getting ready for Scale Nats. The 30th I'll be in Montana.
Since neither weekend works for me I am not voting one way or the other.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

the 30th would be alot better for me!

my sisters high school grad is this weekend and i was planing on haveing to rush around between the two.

i vote the 30th
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Push it back. That'll give me enough time to finish the 1.9 and make sure everything works.

Todd, sorry to hear you got laid off man.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #18
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

I voted to move it. Not sure it will work yet, got plans, but this weekend was going to be real iffy at best. Also like Casey, gives me more time to get the 1.9 finished.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
i havent voted yet because im kinda tossed up........i dont have anything planned next weekend......so i wouldnt be apposed to doing it next weekend......it would give more time to dial in daves rig anyways if we did it on the 30th........although i do feel kinda feel like the scalers are getting the straight arm in this...nothing against dan or finishline...dan is awesome and the new location is awesome as well......just my 2 cents............my question is....why dosent dan do it next weekend instead of us having to move the date........again......you cant make everyone happy i realize....just figured its a valid point..... as well i dont want to miss either so i hope something happens that we can all do.....
I understand your feelings about scalers getting the straight arm. It's not that I feel that the comp rigs are better or more important, I don't even own one right at the moment. I know that there are many that do both and most are more competitive with those then they are with the scalers. I was asked to see what interest there would be in this, so I posted this pole to see what everyone wants. Like you said there is no way I will ever make everyone happy, so I do what the majority wants. I honestly don't know why Dan picked this date, may have just had it in his mind and set it up without looking to see what else was going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I can't make it the 30th so I voted leave it, so I guess I miss out both ways...
You don't come even when it's in your backyard and wanted to set up some courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLODRIVE View Post
I'm not so sure about the 30th, I had already made plans for Memorial Day weekend. I'm trying not to skip an event though, it would be pretty lame if I had to miss this one because of another last-minute crawling event coming up.

Why not just hold our event at Finish Line so everybody can be happy? I see we're going back to Coal Creek later this season anyways, and like I have said before, I'd rather compete at more locations. Just a thought.
Actually this will be the only event at Coal Creek. The only place the we will go back to this series is Buffalo Creek and that does not have to be either. I'm looking into going to Mt. Evens in June or July and then up to the location that you posted about the other month. I have not been able to get up to the Mt. Evens spot yet becasue of the weather we have been having the last few weekends. I really thinking that the Mt. Evens comp will be in July do to the elevation/location and the amount of possible snow.

As far as having a point series event at FinishLine well I honestly haven't been buy in a while to see all what we have to use for terrain. I want to make sure that the spots that we pick are able to have the three style events that we usually run. If we can't do a hill climb style event and are forced into running two gated events, it takes so much longer to run the event. It's a possibility but honestly at this time I'm unsure of what we will have to use with all of the other events he has planned.

I also understand about missing an event, but for the scores you will always have one drop so you can miss one event and still be in the running at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
This weekend is Heather's birthday so that doesn't work well for me. She has been understanding enough with me getting ready for Scale Nats. The 30th I'll be in Montana.
Since neither weekend works for me I am not voting one way or the other.
I understand Grizz, Good Luck and represent us Colorado guy's! Wish that I could be making the trip with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
Push it back. That'll give me enough time to finish the 1.9 and make sure everything works.

Todd, sorry to hear you got laid off man.
It'll never work!!
Thanks, I got lucky and got a job with in a day. Not quite as good pay or benefits, but they seem like a good bunch and it's always better the unemployment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
I voted to move it. Not sure it will work yet, got plans, but this weekend was going to be real iffy at best. Also like Casey, gives me more time to get the 1.9 finished.
Build yours and stop building something for everyone else!
Hope you can make it.

I'll continue this pole for another day or so, but it's looking like those that have read this want to change it.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #20

I will say that I am going to be ok with either weekend. I feel for ya man, last minute changes like this are such a headache! I think I speak for Brad as well. We will be there, whatever you have to do.
rollover3t is offline   Reply With Quote