Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Grand Junction guys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
MODERHATER™

Default Grand Junction guys

Are you guess wanting to do the USRCCA required "crawl off".

Are you guys wanting to get a stab at a National spot?

Do you compete at a national level?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Expand and enlighten my mind mind o' mush.
gdhknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdhknives View Post
Expand and enlighten my mind mind o' mush.
If Grand Junction is a sanctioned club recognized by the USRCCA and in the battle for Nationals points, because Denver also has a recognized club there would have to be a "crawl off"

From past experience only two drivers were invited to Nationals from each state. These two are taken based on there standings of first and second place.

However with more then one club recognized there would be in theory 4 drivers in the top two, two in junction and two in Denver. Invites only extend to two drivers, so in order for Colorado to best represent itself there would need to be a crawl off between the two locations at a location both can agree upon. Then the best of the best would be representing Colorado.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
MODERHATER™

State: Colorado
City: Grand Junction
Club Name: Grand Valley Crawling Club (GVCC)
Contact Person: James Duncan
Contact Email: jd70charger@msn.com

Grand Junction is a USRCCA sanctioned club, they took the time to get qualified.

I started this thread to find out if they are wanting to do this, so we could get the ball rolling. I have seen many reading this thread but no reponse, does that mean no?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I'm a team member of OutCast Crawlers inside of GVCC, what I think is most of the people that come to our crawler comps don't "realize" how big this is. Most of them have never been to a big comp like Nationals or Red Rocks, the only comp's they've experinced is our small town 15 maybe 20 people at the most comp's. I'll hit up James about it and bring it up at the next comp and post what I find out from the others.
R2, Ryan Rockow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for posting up R2

I have been away from a computer the last couple of days

Thanks for posting up Patric.

What month do you think would be the best for a crawl off?
So we know the dead line for the top 2 drivers.

Also, we will check with the top drivers in our club and see if they will be able to make the trip (As most places, our area was hit really hard with major lay offs and a lot of people have had very little to no work for the last year). I don't want to waist anyones time getting this set up if the locals can't make the trip to Nationals. We should have a answer in the next couple of weeks.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
Thanks for posting up R2

I have been away from a computer the last couple of days

Thanks for posting up Patric.

What month do you think would be the best for a crawl off?
So we know the dead line for the top 2 drivers.

Also, we will check with the top drivers in our club and see if they will be able to make the trip (As most places, our area was hit really hard with major lay offs and a lot of people have had very little to no work for the last year). I don't want to waist anyones time getting this set up if the locals can't make the trip to Nationals. We should have a answer in the next couple of weeks.
Off the top of my head I can't recall exactly, but I believe the deadline for Nats invite names to be turned in is sometime in June. I don't want to miss this.
Hopefully your boys will be up for it and we can find some cool middle ground.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
Axial Team Driver

Here are the rules for a crawl off. Hope this helps.

States/Regions that have MULTIPLE sanctioned clubs will have a Nationals Crawl-Off before National invites are sent out. Each club will send will its TOP 5 Drivers to a mutually agreed upon location. Each Club will build an equal number of course, and the winner(s) go to Nationals. Failure to reach a mutual agreement will result in that state/region forfeiting all its bids!

Each club participating its states crawl off will need to be done with its series by June 1st each year. Then sometime in June the state crawl off needs to be held, so you can turn in your states Nats bids on July 1st.

Clubs are required to run a minimum of 4 competitions for each class they want to qualify for Nationals between Jan 1st- July 1st or prior to its State/Region Crawl Off.
Holy Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
Here are the rules for a crawl off. Hope this helps.

States/Regions that have MULTIPLE sanctioned clubs will have a Nationals Crawl-Off before National invites are sent out. Each club will send will its TOP 5 Drivers to a mutually agreed upon location. Each Club will build an equal number of course, and the winner(s) go to Nationals. Failure to reach a mutual agreement will result in that state/region forfeiting all its bids!

Each club participating its states crawl off will need to be done with its series by June 1st each year. Then sometime in June the state crawl off needs to be held, so you can turn in your states Nats bids on July 1st.

Clubs are required to run a minimum of 4 competitions for each class they want to qualify for Nationals between Jan 1st- July 1st or prior to its State/Region Crawl Off.

Thanks for the clarity, I'll have to inform the other club members that we won't be reaching this deadline this year and will have to defer to your group, as we are only 3 comps into our season. We will have to do some major reconstructing of the schedule(currently March thru October,) and our series for next year in order to comply with the requirements. However, we all should possibly discuss at some point at least a bragging rights comp somewhere in the middle of the square we live in.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
MODERHATER™

Bump, need to get planning!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

After discussion with James and Steve, we will be setting up our schedule next year to be in compliance and be able to set up for a crawl off. I plan on bringing this up here at our comp in Moab on June 6th. If all goes well, we will have a large turn out and I will get the word out and hopefully some positive feedback. Thanks to you guys in Denver keeping us fairly cuurent and sorry we are still trying to get our crap together.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks for the clarity, I'll have to inform the other club members that we won't be reaching this deadline this year and will have to defer to your group, as we are only 3 comps into our season. We will have to do some major reconstructing of the schedule(currently March thru October,) and our series for next year in order to comply with the requirements. However, we all should possibly discuss at some point at least a bragging rights comp somewhere in the middle of the square we live in.

I think theres going to be alot of people angry that there is no chance of going to Nationals cuz GVCC doesn't comply with the rules. Every one was told at the start of this year in a GVCC meeting we would have a shot at this, a shot at all the Big Comps cuz GVCC was a sanctioned club recognized by the USRCCA,
Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

i didn't even get into the comp crawlers this year, just sat back and watched what would happen, just kind of sucks for the guys I know that were looking forward to Nationals and now can't.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2, Ryan Rockow View Post
I think theres going to be alot of people angry that there is no chance of going to Nationals cuz GVCC doesn't comply with the rules. Every one was told at the start of this year in a GVCC meeting we would have a shot at this, a shot at all the Big Comps cuz GVCC was a sanctioned club recognized by the USRCCA,

Growing pains!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Growing pains!!!
???? Growing pains like new leader ship, I vote James and while were at it we should liquidate, make the club OutCast. James, me and Ryan T started, sing that OutCast members seem to know more about whats going on then our leaders of GVCC do, ya know what I mean. lol just spitballing,,,,

and the comps could be FREE!! what, like we did this winter, no way
I bet more people would show up thenya know me, just sayin that is.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Unfortunately, James seems to work alot as do I. I realize what you would like to see free comps but until you get public lands out of Gov't control....good luck. I had to pony up for insurance when I raceed nearly 10 years ago, so it is not a new thing that has come about. Maybe I'll see you on Sunday and we can discuss more R2. Remeber when it free people tend to not give a damn.

Last edited by gdhknives; 06-03-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: tackin' on
Old 06-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Might possibly be out your way August 18th - 27th visiting my sister. Anything going on then? Thought about bringing the scaler and comp rig, but only if I will have someone to crawl with.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #18
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikingcrawler View Post
Might possibly be out your way August 18th - 27th visiting my sister. Anything going on then? Thought about bringing the scaler and comp rig, but only if I will have someone to crawl with.
August 15 there is a scaler comp if your wanting to come up early
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikingcrawler View Post
I'm always down for crawlin' or scalin'. should be a comp on the 15th to.