Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: local RC repair?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default local RC repair?

I need to have my DX3R looked at by someone who knows what they are doing. Is there a shop that works on these things around here?

~Also would like metal gears set up for my transmission and dig.

Last edited by Fattymojo; 05-24-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

you looking for repair or just set up issues with the 3r?

what tranny/dig are we talking about?

any of the lhs's can order you some metal gears or you can look in the vendor section on here. I think solomon907 has them.

lots of guys use the 3r so if it's just set up related i'm sure someone can guide you....so let us know what the issue is and we'll see if we can help.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Well im sure its not rocket science, but i dont know anything about these transmissions and would be lost on an install. As far as the DX3R goes, the scroll wheel to select and adjust settings is non funtional.

I just got a LCC off a member here who said the dig and electronics work flawwless. So far none of them work.... pretty pissed off.

transmission or dig is making a monstrous clicking and the dig servo fried right after i tested it with the former owners settings. I mean....when i put it together, i out my ear down to listen for buzzing from the dig to make sure i wouldnt fry the servo if it was installed wrong. It was buzzing so i went to the controller to try and change the epa and nothing worked.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

as far as the wheel goes.......ive sent mine in to horizon....but im sure their is some electronics guru's around......i can most likely do it i just havent sourced the parts.....if you can find a new roller switch then i can do it.........i can probably help with the trans as well.....but i dont own a losi and it may be easier to have someone who drives a losi everyday to help you with that
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
as far as the wheel goes.......ive sent mine in to horizon....but im sure their is some electronics guru's around......i can most likely do it i just havent sourced the parts.....if you can find a new roller switch then i can do it.........i can probably help with the trans as well.....but i dont own a losi and it may be easier to have someone who drives a losi everyday to help you with that
How much did it cost to send it in and have it worked on?

Maybe i will wait until the next HTW comp and see if anyone has some suggestions for me. I took the fried dig off and tried to move the link around with my fingers to see if the clicking would go away and nothing changed.

Im not real concerned about the dig at the moment because i wanna compete in Novice class for a while untill i get better anyways, but still would like a fully functioning rig.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

if you stop into hobbytown any of us that know the raido will help you set it up i will be there tonight and thursday.
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy85 View Post
if you stop into hobbytown any of us that know the raido will help you set it up i will be there tonight and thursday.
Again, the radio does not work. i turn it on and i can only see the main screen. the scroll button is supposed to bring me to other menus and options and it wont. I am pretty sure its the radio and not my ability to use it but i guess i could be wrong.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
Again, the radio does not work. i turn it on and i can only see the main screen. the scroll button is supposed to bring me to other menus and options and it wont. I am pretty sure its the radio and not my ability to use it but i guess i could be wrong.

i did read that. i have a 3s that i fixed. it was doing the same thing.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

my roller fell in on my 3s so they covered it under warranty
Old 05-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #10
MODERHATER™

Your best bet would be to send it into Spektrum for repair.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

honestly 666 is right.....just call horizon and find out ...probably wont be that much to get it fixed by the people themselves
Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i did read that. i have a 3s that i fixed. it was doing the same thing.
Well its worth a shot ill try to make it up there tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Your best bet would be to send it into Spektrum for repair.
i sent them an email asking for repair costs.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Well i shipped it off to Horizon this morning. Should cost between 30-50 and that will include fixing the options wheel and the plastics.

Tim i think i will have to take you up on your offer to use a radio for next weeks comp

And thanks to Tim and Chris and all the guys at Hobby Town for at least trying to help me fix it without having to ship it out. You guys are awesome!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
Well i shipped it off to Horizon this morning. Should cost between 30-50 and that will include fixing the options wheel and the plastics.

Tim i think i will have to take you up on your offer to use a radio for next weeks comp

And thanks to Tim and Chris and all the guys at Hobby Town for at least trying to help me fix it without having to ship it out. You guys are awesome!

no problem man!! sorry we couldent do more.

i will bring the radio with me. is the rx in your crawler a dsm2? if so we will have to change that as well. the 3s wount bind to it.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Metal replacement roller:

http://www.eastrc.org/shop.cgi/page=...llerbutton.htm

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
no problem man!! sorry we couldent do more.

i will bring the radio with me. is the rx in your crawler a dsm2? if so we will have to change that as well. the 3s wount bind to it.
yeah it is dsm2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narly1 View Post
Damn wish i would have seen that a few hours earlier.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Man! seriously thanx for posting that.....i need to get one as well..... you need the electronic part of the button too dont you? or was it just the roller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narly1 View Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I found this intsresting.

Quote from Horizon "You had requested an estimate for a total refurb of your DX3R. Refurb = $70 estimate. Just fixing the scroll wheel = $0."

pretty cool to see that it will cost me $0 to fix the problem considering i dont have a warranty, but $70 for a full refurb is not that bad.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

one of my freinds just sent his 3r in and got a return the same day it was received...blown screen....repair cost $0 same thing with my 3s...... gotta say im impressed...glad to here you got the same service i got....see you on the rocks
Old 06-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

So i just got it back and i have to say i am over impressed with the service i got with Horizon. They replaced everything and its like a brand new system. I asked them how much for a full refurb and they gave me a price of $70. I did not know if a could afford that and i told them just to fix the wheel for now.

When i got the invoice it said
"I ended up doing a full refurbish anyways at no charge, I also made sure the DX3R had the latest firmware and that it functions the way it should. Have fun at your compilations and thank you for choosing Spektrum"

Getting service like this was a 1st for me and im very happy to have dealth with them and will continue to do so!!