Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: **A Must read** Abe Lincoln, Mark Twain and Ramset

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default **A Must read** Abe Lincoln, Mark Twain and Ramset

When Abe Lincoln had a beef with someone and he needed to write a negatively charged letter, he would write his facts and feelings down, sign, seal and ………… file the letter in a drawer, never to be mailed.
Mark Twain would spend his literary thoughts on thrashing his offender and go so far as to place the letter in the mail box. However, his wife would steal out and take the letter and destroy it.
A few months back, a quarrel broke out in the Colorado Summer Scale Comp. thread that in my opinion screwed up the positive energy in the scale comp.
In fact, a 2nd quarrel spawned out of control.
I had the opportunity to hit the delete button on my computer and never send off my ill willed perspectives out to the viewing audience on RCC.com.
The 2 inner voices fought- send it vs. Don’t send it.
I choose poorly.
I humbly apologize to Dan Conor at Finishline RC. Dan, if you want the apology in person, call, I would love to meet for coffee and talk about the future, (not the past.)
I also want to apologize to whom ever had the displeasure of reading the comments I wrote.
Sincerely, Ben Button
Ramset is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

nice to see somebody with the guts to own up to his mistake and attempt to correct it.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

very cool I think that's very mature and stand up from an outsiders perspective.

I think Dan is a great guy. He's just trying to make it to the best of his abilities. I really really try hard to support his shop. I like all the local hobby shops and I wanna see them all succeed. I remember even 5 years ago there were about twice as many hobby shops as there are now. Small business isn't easy, let alone a private owned hobby store in this economy.

I know some have issues with the rocks but he is planning on changing them soon. I myself didn't like them at first, but the more I crawl on them the better I really do like them. It's challenging and you have to be careful but the more experience i'm getting with crawling I think that's a good thing. I think my practice and comp time there has helped improve my driving for sure.

He's got something good there, nice big indoor crawling, what's looking to be really nice outdoor crawling for comp and scale, plus the pulling and indoor track. Pretty cool if you ask me. I appreciate what he is trying to do and continue to support his business. He's a one man show and with more support he might even be able to get some help in there so never any worries about being open either.

I just felt inclined to put my 2 cents in here. Dan has always treated me as a friend even though he barely knows me and has never wronged me in any way.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I called Dan at Finishline rc today. I was going to be in his neighborhood for a family BBQ and needed some pats to finish of my sons comp rig.

It was cool that we agreed that we both created the quarrel and the hatchet is now buried.
Ramset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Everythings kosh...and Im glad I FINALLY FOUND THIS THREAD!!!!
FinishLineRC is offline   Reply With Quote