Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: So I got these super bullys and....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #1

Default So I got these super bullys and....

I'm tryin to get this new project rolling, I have most of the riffraff(delrin stock, servos, esc,dig ect) However Im having a hell of a time finding super class beadlocks other than rc4wd. I saved some cash so I could splurge on them but can't swing 3 bills+ for revolvers, if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciAted. Also I was gonna make my own chassis, but if someone here cuts them I'd like to talk about doing some chassis plates.
Thanx-Lazy
Lazytrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Buck up for a star and search the classifieds on here

I know I have some old Pro Line 40 series beadlocks with Moab XLs I could be convinced to part ways with....
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I am working with Eritix on some wheels for my super and Wrecker here on RCC should have some chassis plates cut and ready for sale. I will check with him, I love his chassis.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #4

Just got off of eritex and scored some wheels, and got my hands on a hellstrom chassis, and gave it he'll in cut n shutting some rovers so well see how she goes from here, and I'm definantly gonna get on top of things so I can access classifieds, what esc's would y'all recommend?

Last edited by Lazytrain; 08-16-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: I have punk dig and goat esc but heard it's better to opt for dual esc's
Old 08-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

id say tekin fxr's or mamba max's
TheSkunkBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
MODERHATER™

I would go Mamba Max or HH RX-XL's. I have run MM's in my super for years with not one complaint.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
RCC Addict

What kind of wheels did you get from Eritex? Do you have any pics?
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I have both the mamba max FXR's. I prefer the mamba max by far. I run two mamba max's and a stick radio in my super.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #9

awesome guys, I'm gonna be runnin my dx6i so i can do all the fun things that arent allowed in 2.2's!haha, im gonna probably go for the MM's then, i have wondered about the HHtQXl(ithink is its name) due to the striking resemblence of the MMs but i know there done in runs(and sell out quick). also is running 4s on supers overkill?? and illeagal i got the heavy comps(until my wallet allows gerame to cut me some customs). and as far as servos i was planning on a 9100t rear and a hitec7980th front, do i need two same brands in order for the voltage through BEC to be correct or can i run the rear at 6v and front at hitecs voltage(which is unknown to me) thanks guys for all the help
Old 08-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

You will need a cc bec for each servo. One at the 6.0 volts for the rear and another to run the hitec at 7.4 volts. I would do two servos on each axle. I have two 8711's on the front of mine and I still don't have enough power in all situations. I am switching to two hitec 7980 TH on each axle in the near future. I have smoked 3 servo's on my super already.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

The Holmes esc comes set at 6v but can be set at whatever you want I believe ( with castle link). Set it to one voltage and use one ccbec for the other and power it directly.
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #12

holy crap 3 servos, thats making me intimadated on this build i kinda figured it would fry out my servos due to size. i guess that almost sums it up on steering, but definantly 2 servos for rear steer??? cuz 4 7980s is 679.00 bucks, and thatss pretty insane......but duty calls right? so ramen noodles here i come!!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

yeah, however, hitec sent me new ones for free. I just paid the shipping one way. You might be able to get away with one in the rear, but it sucks not being able to turn when you want or need to. So, I'm going to be running four servo's. I know some people have had good luck with one 1/4 scale servo on each axle, but not enough power for me.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #14

yea i hear ya on wanting and needing power when its not there, so im gonna end up just going all out on this one, something about 1200+oz an axle sounds brilliant!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Agama,

Why do you like the Mamba Pro's so much better. The reason I ask is because I have always run tekin FXR's and never had any problems plus they have a smaller footprint and less weight. I did buy 2 Mamba Pro's for my superjuice but have not started the build yet and still have yet to decide whether to use my extra tekins or use my Mamba's.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #16
MODERHATER™

I like MM's better cause when you push them they don't care. I have run my at 6 cell w/ 45t and barely got warm. Plus get some water on em, no big deal. I have pushed my FXR's they did not like it, burnt electronics. I have sent back 3 to Tekin, and burnt them again. And like I have said before I am running spme of the 1st Mamba Maxs' made on my super no issues, and lots of abuse. You can only abuse a FXR once.

BTW: posted from my iPhone !!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CrazyHorse View Post
Agama,

Why do you like the Mamba Pro's so much better. The reason I ask is because I have always run tekin FXR's and never had any problems plus they have a smaller footprint and less weight. I did buy 2 Mamba Pro's for my superjuice but have not started the build yet and still have yet to decide whether to use my extra tekins or use my Mamba's.

I use the mamba max (not the pro, those are biger). I feel that they have way better low speed / end control compared to my fxr. I'm gettiing ready to rebuild my berg and I'm going to try dual sidewinder's on a stick. That way my 2.2 and super drive the same.

When I first built my super with the fxr's the low end sucked. Then I switch to the mamba max's. With updated software the drag brake works great.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I run the HH Tourque master in my super and it is right there with the control of my MM in my 2.2. If you remember the Lutz comp and Pickett and I pulling Ty on the power wheels for about 20 mins with our supers. Motors were so hot it would burn you, Holmes esc not even warm!! I run a 40C 4cell 5000mah pack in my super. I think Pickett was running a MM with similar setup, his MM was not warm either. I would like to see a FXR do that!!!
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #19
MODERHATER™

I would like to see a FXR do that!! I bet it would pop!

All to each's own I am sure they work. But they don't for me.

Keep in mind, I am not a *****, I run my ESC's on my axle's where they get beat, keep the weight out of the chassis.... good or bad? Either way lightweight and size vs keeps on working.....You pick and choose.

Tekin keeps on guaranteeing their stuff... where as I have yet to send a Castle product back.

Do you want hear more abuse stories? There are reason's people don't sponsor me anymore, one is because I state the truth.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #20

the truth is whats up, id rather you guys give it to me straight then burn out esc's and servos, im really excited for this build and dont want to buy product thats bound to fail. i was orignally gonna buy two 35t tekin fxr combos cuz its the same price as two HH esc;s(roughly) but i scrounged up my 35t twisters(brood makes em i think), ordering my esc's next week, im still in a pickle on servos i was thinking about runnind dual (7980) in the front and no rear steer until i can get used to a stick with each axle being control seperately, its not that i want to run it like this, i just dont think i can afford all four at once