Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Wednesday Night Comps at Finishline RC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Talking Wednesday Night Comps at Finishline RC

I just had a meeting with Dan at Finishline and I'm gonna run the Wednesday night comps for him.

The plan is to have a comp every Wednesday and also start a series that will take place every other Wednesday. The series details are in the works but it will probably be like most other series that go on with a standard $5 entry fee and a payout at the end of the series. I'll post up all the final details soon as we work all this out. The normal non series comps will be just like the Friday Comps with gift card payouts that night. And on the non series we can change up the comps as Dan has done before with variables like endurance runs and such.

The Wednesday crawls started last night and will happen every Wed. I'm going to handle the forum for this also so if there is any info it will come from me and if you have an questions or comments please pm me here or direct them to me in person or on this thread.

I think Wednesday is a great night for some mid week fun and we don't have to worry about stepping on any others toes.

I am going to run this series and the fun comps by the USRCCA rules completely. I'll have a print out of the rules on hand always for any questions that may come up during the events. I also would like some volunteer Marshalls to step up if you are at the comp for help also. No commitments but if you are there and willing to help there i'd appreciate it.

Plan right now is to start the series the Wednesday after Labor Day and again i'll post up once we have all the details set.

I'm excited to help out and hope you guys like the idea of Wednesday night comps and that you'll show up and have some fun.

Rocks have been moved and are still being moved, we can make changes as needed. Van is building some cool bridges that will make it even more fun and challenging. There is an outdoor course now too. Scale areas, and more to come.

Like Dan did on the Friday night comps if you are a member your comps will be included for this otherwise it's a $5 fee.

That's all for now and please feel free to comment and share your opinions Let's have fun with this

Last edited by James003; 08-26-2010 at 06:25 PM.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

the first flat bridge is in........the suspension bridge has been hung but i havent finished it yet....more to come boys and girls
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I was talking to a few at RCH tonite and they expressed interest in keeping the series on Friday nights. Basically every other Friday so it doesn't conflict with RCH comps. So I'm wanting to get some feedback for interest and i'll then talk to Dan and make a plan. My thoughts with this are have the actual series on the Friday nights and then still have weekly crawls on Wednesdays????.

So please reply with opinions.

Thank you
Old 08-28-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

pretty sure i wont make it to many friday nights. Wednesday is the beginning of my days off so its great for me. I might show up for the friday ones though, i just never know if people will be there or not because people dont post about it.
So my vote is Wed, but might come Fri if thats the decision.
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
pretty sure i wont make it to many friday nights. Wednesday is the beginning of my days off so its great for me. I might show up for the friday ones though, i just never know if people will be there or not because people dont post about it.
So my vote is Wed, but might come Fri if thats the decision.

that's changing, i'm taking over the comps and i'm also gonna handle the forum for this. there will be reminders for the series for sure.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
EXW
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
I was talking to a few at RCH tonite and they expressed interest in keeping the series on Friday nights. Basically every other Friday so it doesn't conflict with RCH comps. So I'm wanting to get some feedback for interest and i'll then talk to Dan and make a plan. My thoughts with this are have the actual series on the Friday nights and then still have weekly crawls on Wednesdays????.

So please reply with opinions.

Thank you
Wednesdays would be tough for me. I'm on the south side of town so with traffic, it would be difficult to get up there on time. Fridays it is usually a little easier to leave early.

So, Fridays opposite RCH's comps or Saturday's opposite Hobbytown would work for me. I would at least be able to make some of them. However, if Wednesdays work for most then maybe we could do some stand alone comps or get togethers those Fridays.

Thanks
EXW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Thanks EXW. I am thinking we will do the actual series on the opposite Fridays from RCH. We still wanna have Wed. night crawls too. So probably every other Wed for fun crawl nights. This way there will be a weekly crawl at FLRC and It should work out good for most all to make either or both for many.

I'm still open to suggestions and like i've said before....please voice your opinions. The whole goal here is fun and the more people the better it will be.

We will have a crawl on Wed. night at 6 pm and i'm gonna post that up today. Probably start the series in 3 weeks on that Friday from to get on track with RCH. I can't start it this week due to the holiday weekend and i'll be out of town. I'll be posting up all crawls weekly though as reminders.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #8

Due to family and work commitments, I can't make any friday comps. Wednesdays work out for me, so I would like to see a weekly fun crawl at dans. But I will support what ever decision you make, even if its wrong!!LOL
icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by icer View Post
Due to family and work commitments, I can't make any friday comps. Wednesdays work out for me, so I would like to see a weekly fun crawl at dans. But I will support what ever decision you make, even if its wrong!!LOL

lol there will be a Wed. crawl atleast every other Wed for sure. If I get more responce it might be all on Wed. nights
Old 09-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Are you having a comp this Wednesday James
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #11

I hope so iam ready for another wensday night comp
RockAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

yes there will be a comp this Wednesday

As of right now there will be comps every Wednesday and starting a week from this Wednesday will be the series and it will alternate every other Wednesday.

I'll always keep you guys up to date on info for these Wed. night crawls. I'll probably post up on Mondays as a reminder.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

i wont be there "Cause im leaving, on a jet plane. I dont know when ill be back again" Nationals baby!
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote