Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Wed. Night Comp at Finishline RC 09-08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Wed. Night Comp at Finishline RC 09-08

Comp is on again this Wed. Just another non-series comp.

Plan to start the series next Wed. I just got back from camping and i'll get details finalized with Dan this week.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

im gonna go try and work out the issues with the bridge...should be better and useable by the wed night comp
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Newbie here.....I may try to comp weds! I just bought my first crawler(ax-10) 2 weeks ago and I think I am ready to get my butt kicked in comp! How mad is everyone gonna be at the newbie(me) and not understanding all the rules??? I read them several times but it seems many are up to whoever is running the comp.
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73bronco View Post
Newbie here.....I may try to comp weds! I just bought my first crawler(ax-10) 2 weeks ago and I think I am ready to get my butt kicked in comp! How mad is everyone gonna be at the newbie(me) and not understanding all the rules??? I read them several times but it seems many are up to whoever is running the comp.

It's really not too bad at all. New drivers are always welcome and encouraged to come have fun.

Everyone tries to have fun and joke around alot, lot's of ribbing and heckling, but good mannered.

And you never know, any given day, any given course, you might just take it to everyone there.

Go have some fun.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:

X2 on skid's comments, come on down and have some fun. We'll be more than happy to help you along the way. The rules are simple for the most part and judges will guide you along the way....especially since you're new

If we get enough novice drivers i'll make seperate courses and have you guys run your own comp apart from the pros. Right now it's all mixed together with the novice drivers having a few different gates on the same course. We would need atleast 5 to make this happen.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid plate View Post
It's really not too bad at all. New drivers are always welcome and encouraged to come have fun.

Everyone tries to have fun and joke around alot, lot's of ribbing and heckling, but good mannered.

And you never know, any given day, any given course, you might just take it to everyone there.

Go have some fun.

JC
would love to see the "team pro" guys come down on a few of these Wed. night crawls
Old 09-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Holdin my 40oz.

Ok fine...I'll be there. Tim Vero and Skid too. The rest are at Nats. but the rest of us will show.
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Big thanks to all for coming out tonite.

Don't give up on me sporty drivers, i'm learning the lines there....it'll get better, still challenging but better

Name:  9-8 sporty scores.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  43.3 KB

Name:  9-8 pro scores.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  49.8 KB
Old 09-09-2010, 06:31 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Hard lines or not(dang bucket!) That was a blast! I can't wait until the next one! Thanks all for not beating on the newbie too hard!
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

That was a blast, it was my second time out, and i brought the fam and everyone there was friendly and very helpful. It's a great environment and ill be back next week! Thanks all for a great time!
ozyint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hard lines or not(dang bucket!) That was a blast! I can't wait until the next one! Thanks all for not beating on the newbie too hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozyint View Post
That was a blast, it was my second time out, and i brought the fam and everyone there was friendly and very helpful. It's a great environment and ill be back next week! Thanks all for a great time!
Glad you guys had a good time. I really am going to work on the sporty lines. My goal there is to have them challenging but I also want people to be able to finish or atleast get more progress points. It's gonna take me some time to learn the lines down there. I'm gonna take my AX10 down there and do some crawling before next Wed.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Just makes us better drivers lol. But if ya need a hand let me know this weekend i have sunday free at the moment. I can come down and give it a shot with mine too if ya like.
ozyint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #13

James, don't worry about the hard lines for the sportsman class. It was equally hard for all of us. And we won't get any better if it is too easy. You did great, see ya next week.
icer is offline   Reply With Quote