Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Ideas for Comp Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Ideas for Comp Series

There has been some discussion for awhile now about the upcoming season, and future seasons.

I am going to post this here and ask for feedback either on this thread or through pm's.

No bashing allowed. It's for discussion. If you don't like, please offer a solution or reason.

Thanks and let's get started.

JC

Ideas for Comp Crawling

The following ideas are being discussed and we encourage your input to make this series and all series better.

A couple of definitions will help before reading on into the topic’s.

A1 Pro Class – Will be any driver who pays into the series, where competition will be the foremost ideal on their mind while driving.
A2 Amateur Class – Will be any driver with any level of crawler, (yes, any level of crawler meeting spec), that wants to come and crawl on set courses.

Now on to more items that have been discussed and are here for your input and reply.
Please be as specific, list item(s), with your reply or continued discussion.

1> Everyone entered in the series will take a rotation in the judging pool.
1a The rotation will be based on the list of drivers in the series for the season. These drivers will take judging responsibilities for the whole series. This takes all pressure off of amateurs as far as judging. Although everyone will be invited to keep score, keep time, etc. in conjunction with the assigned judges.
1b Judges will set up courses and assist other judges with same while check-in and tech are in progress. This means an earlier arrival to the comp site is part of that responsibility for those rotating. (those that travel a great distance will be rotated as necessary to prevent traveling pressure for those day(s), i.e. changing your day(s) with another closer to your home)

2>Amateur class has been discussed that it should possibly include all crawler types, not just limited to 2 channel, no dig crawlers. Amateurs are amateurs, we just need to let them get better. Promoting this sport is what we are about. Drivers need to seek their own comfort level and should want to achieve the highest level they are comfortable at.
2aAmateurs will run the first series of gates on the courses as pro’s, but can use the remaining gates of the pro course as bonus gates. (maybe a bonus-land setup)
2b This is only suggested, the amateur courses could also deviate through different gates along the same layout.

3>It is encouraged to keep time running, and the series as professional as possible, that there be a set check-in/tech time. If we are going to be more professional about the series, this needs to happen. (leave earlier if you are consistently late and can’t get there on time). (Judges will be adjusted as necessary for travel length to keep them from being pressured to arrive early and help with set-up.)
3a Keep the courses 4 to 5 minutes max in length. Actually shorter is better. Learning to drive under these conditions proves to be more of the status of a National Event stature. Courses for amateurs will be a minimum amount of gates and/or design to promote good thinking habits without pressure to hurry, hurry, hurry. Pro Drivers are encouraged to remember, you are competitors, competitors deal with pressure and as such will be working on harder course lengths or designs within the same time frame.

4>Series payout should include, what the pro class will be driving for.
4a There should be trophy’s and/or gift cards/cash awards for World’s Event.
This has been brought up as past series awards have been late or not received. (not by this series alone)
4b There should also be recognition for the top five amateurs and an invite to join pro status if they wish. (again, it is our wish to promote this sport and it’s ideals)

5>It is agreed that all who enter into the (Series), will be considered of Pro status.
5a Those entering the series will have their scores recorded for the season, top drivers in each of the 3 classes will receive trophy’s paid for from series entry funds.
Discussion on the remaining amount as to whether it should be distributed to the top driver in each class or just the top driver in 2.2 is welcome as is all discussion on this topic.

6> It has also been discussed that there be no comp fee. This would not include the series fee as that would be a separate item.
6a This no fee to comp will end the days end payout. It would also, in my opinion encourage more drivers to come and do what this sport is intended to do, enjoy a day on the rocks. (if you are a pro, you are in the series and your payout is the end of the series.)

skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I like the top 3 pay out at the end of the day, seems like it means a little more to have cash in hand than just bragging rights.
The pay out doesn't have to be 100% either, 50% for drivers and the other 50% into a general fund for comp supplies would keep any one person from having to buy everything for a comp.
What about part of the series fee going back to our top two Nationals qualifiers for plane tickets/hotel whatever they need?

Everything else looks good, thanks for typing all that out Skid.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I like the A1 & A2 idea.

1a & 1b
Sound good with a amature helping the more experienced judges. That way we can run 2 judges per course.
2a & 2b
Sound good.
3 & 3a
Sound good. Maybe put a cut off time for turning in score sheets. Hanging out and partying can be done after.
Sounds good.
4a
I personaly dont care about trophies. A cash payout to help the top drivers go to Nat's would be sweet.
4b
Sounds good maybe offer them a trophy.
Is good and maybe pro drivers should continue to pay 5.00 per event towards the pot.
Are the comps to be free for the A2 class? I think A2 should buy in at the begining (to help support the club) then comp for free.
6a Sound good but like I stated in for 5 ( maybe pro drivers should continue to pay 5.00 per event towards the pot)
That alot to digest and all sounds like great ideas.
Maybe we should have a GTG and sit down and discuss this further.
Elected / volenteer reps maybe?

Last edited by Hoppa; 09-25-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
I like the A1 & A2 idea.

1a & 1b
Sound good with a amature helping the more experienced judges. That way we can run 2 judges per course.
2a & 2b
Sound good.
3 & 3a
Sound good. Maybe put a cut off time for turning in score sheets. Hanging out and partying can be done after.
Sounds good.
4a
I personaly dont care about trophies. A cash payout to help the top drivers go to Nat's would be sweet.
4b
Sounds good maybe offer them a trophy.
Is good and maybe pro drivers should continue to pay 5.00 per event towards the pot.
Are the comps to be free for the A2 class? I think A2 should buy in at the begining (to help support the club) then comp for free.
6a Sound good but like I stated in for 5 ( maybe pro drivers should continue to pay 5.00 per event towards the pot)
That alot to digest and all sounds like great ideas.
Maybe we should have a GTG and sit down and discuss this further.
Elected / volenteer reps maybe?

Thanks for the input, this is what needs to be posted, read, thought about and discussed.

Thanks.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

i just posted this in Patrick's thread,,,but this applies here too I think,,

Ive been a part of this discussion around town and I personally think that the seperation needs to be Novice ,Sportsman and Pro.

Novice,,,any new driver with any rig in 2.2 spec

Sportsman,,,any driver with a digless rig or any Novice driver who has won 3 consecutive 3 course events or placed in the top 3 drivers in 3 consecutive events,,,which ever works best.

Then Pro,,,any driver with any rig in 2.2 spec who wants to compete. Any driver with a dig compatible rig who has won 3 consecutive 3 course Sportsman events or placed in the top 3 drivers in 3 consecutive Sportsman events,,,which ever works best.

Novice drivers shouldnt have to pay in.
Money awards or trophies or whatever.
Maybe consider a SERIES PAY-IN,,,$25 for 5 events or $30 for 6 events or whatever. I know some people wont make some events but that is a risk we all run,,things happen in all of our lives.

Sporstman and Novice course is seperate from Pro course then Pros can run a Sportsman course and the Pro course if they so choose,,and vice versa, with the Pro rig digless or a seperate sportsman rig. I realize this would require more course set up time but would allow for multiple drivers to compete at once, and drivers could crawl a seperate course while wating their turn or whatever works.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid plate View Post
6> It has also been discussed that there be no comp fee. This would not include the series fee as that would be a separate item.
6a This no fee to comp will end the days end payout. It would also, in my opinion encourage more drivers to come and do what this sport is intended to do, enjoy a day on the rocks. (if you are a pro, you are in the series and your payout is the end of the series.)
That may or may not help bring more to a comp but is $5 really stopping people from coming? Even if the $5 went away I'd be willing to take a pool from those wanting to do so and keep it amongst us. It's kinda nice when you have a good day to get some gas money.
Far as payouts to series winners that's be cool but only if it went to all 3 classes, only 2.2 would not be fair to the other classes.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

i like it
Steve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
MODERHATER™

I like the idea of more people working together.

Here is my input.

A1) Good with me

A2) Amateur/Sport I like the Sport name better.

1>
1a> I like this however I don't think some people should be forced to judge. Some just do not have the aptitude for it, and that could cause inconsistency which is bad. I think a better idea would get a list of people who do have the aptitude, and don't mind judging, and make a pool out of them.

1b> Course setting is my favorite part! The thing I don't think that will work with this is getting all these judges up and setting courses early so we can get started early as discussed in 3. It would have be earlier than during check-in and tech IMO, courses should be set before that so you can go straight from check in to running courses. And again, I don't think some should be forced to set up courses, some just do not have the aptitude for it.

2>I like getting more drivers out, be it pro's or amateur, I would really like to hear more amateurs input on this. This basically fazes out the Sport class: no dig, shafty. Where do guys that have AX-10's or LNC's fit in? Them running against a MOA's with dig would be pretty discouraging to me. There are those guys out there you know!

2a> I like that format, works great!

2b> Good but could cause confusion to judges, and take more time out of the precious day explaining it. K.I.S.S
3> I believe there always has been a set start time so I like that. The only delays have been people that show late and Mother Nature, which we can't control.

3a> I like 5 minute courses. 4 is just a bit too much rush rush for a 10 gate system like I use. I am wondering do you think we should limit Top 5 courses to 5- minutes as well? I thought people like the longer more challenging courses for top 5?

4>Series payout. So if all the series money goes back to top drivers via trophies and paying the 2.2 drivers way to Nats, what pays for comp supplies, insurance and permits that we may need?

4a>I am sorry past series have not gotten their trophies. We all know the circumstances behind it. I still have last seasons, I tried to give them out numerous times, it was requested we do it at a later time, and did not have time too. I tried to get everyone together to hand them out we never came to a conclusion on where and when to meet.

4b> I think everyone should get recognition, that is why we do the trophies at the end. And the cash payout. The loophole I see here is if amateurs don't pay for the series, what pays for their trophies? If that is the case they should enter the series just like everyone else. Also would the top 5 Amateur driver move to pro mid season or at the end of the season? We have always closed the series entry after the second comp in past series, should we change that as well?

5> Good, but as I said earlier why not allow amateurs to enter the series?

5a> Good except I don't think all the payout should go to 2.2, it should be split between the classes respectively.

5b> Up in the air about the $5 entry fee for each class a driver runs that is handed out after every comp. Some people like it some don't maybe we should do a poll?

To me this is alot to change 4 weeks before the series starts. I wish this could have been brought up earlier. I do like everyone working together as a group, and hope that everyone can step and do it like mentioned here.

Patrick

Last edited by 666; 09-26-2010 at 09:53 AM.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

whatever,there's alot if words in their and bottom line is not all those rules are goin to sit well with all the different people. but for me it all looks reasonable.
at least the judging problem will be solved

if u want to add a rule NO SPOTTING. thats what practicing is for, just an idea
JOYSTICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

thanks skid for taking the time to write that out, even though i don't read that well......
JOYSTICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
MODERHATER™

Noone else has anything to add? Was last season that bad we need to revamp the whole system?

Please tell!

Input needed, not just one persons idea's, I would like to hear from all.

Last edited by 666; 09-26-2010 at 07:13 PM.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
EXW
Pebble Pounder

OK, since Patrick asked, I'll add my $0.02.

For what it's worth, I have a great time at the comps but I'm not competing to go to Nationals. I'm glad that we have very good, competitive, sponsored drivers in Colorado, but for me that's not why I got into the hobby. That doesn't mean I'm not competitive, just that I'm only showing up for the series itself, and not a slot at Nationals.

My main concern is that we maintain the fun atmosphere of the current comps while implementing any of these changes.

Also, I'm really glad there are folks that put this much thought and effort into ensuring we have a great Colorado series every year. So, take any comments in the spirit they are intended.

1> Keep judging voluntary but try to get enough people that we can have two judges per course and can rotate out through the day. Judging all day and then trying to drive my best is difficult for me and I've heard similar comments from others.

A2, 2> If the idea of a Sportsman Class is to encourage new people into the hobby, then I think the current Pro and Sport classes work well. Make it about skill level and not the rig. MOA's have advantages but so do some chassis, radios, etc. I don't think anyone wants to see a spec class.

However, there should be a system for identifying Sportsman drivers that should move up. That way we don't get folks hanging out in the Sportmans class permanently. Instead it will be more of a training class. I like the 5 minimum suggestion on that one.

As others have mentioned, single course, first 5 gates for Sportsman. If this doesn't work for a particular course, use alternate gates or divide it into pro and sportsman. Make the call when setting the courses that day instead of trying to create a standard for every situation.

3> Without being too regimented, there should be some sort of set start time. If someone knows they will be late, PM or call the organizor ahead of time.

3a> I like 5 minute courses. Time pressure is good but I'd rather it was part of the mix, not the main concern.

4,5,6> I don't care either way. The entry fees are not a lot, but winning money is never a motivating factor for me at comps.
EXW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #13
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Noone else has anything to add? Was last season that bad we need to revamp the whole system?

Please tell!

Input needed, not just one persons idea's, I would like to hear from all.
If something isn't broke why try to fix it....... I don't think we need to make things more confusing.
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
There has been some discussion for awhile now about the upcoming season, and future seasons.

I am going to post this here and ask for feedback either on this thread or through pm's.

No bashing allowed. It's for discussion. If you don't like, please offer a solution or reason.

Thanks and let's get started.

JC

Ideas for Comp Crawling

The following ideas are being discussed and we encourage your input to make this series and all series better.

A1 Pro Class – Will be any driver who pays into the series, where competition will be the foremost ideal on their mind while driving.
good
A2 Amateur Class – Will be any driver with any level of crawler, (yes, any level of crawler meeting spec), that wants to come and crawl on set courses.
after reading others replies i'm torn on this topic. I see both sides but I think moa would have a huge advantage here. I would also love to see some more Sportsman drivers reply and add their input as this affects you all.

Now on to more items that have been discussed and are here for your input and reply.

1a The rotation will be based on the list of drivers in the series for the season. These drivers will take judging responsibilities for the whole series. This takes all pressure off of amateurs as far as judging. Although everyone will be invited to keep score, keep time, etc. in conjunction with the assigned judges.
I like this idea but don't think everyone is cut out to be a judge. I would start with asking for volunteers and if not enough people step up then consider this option. I'm happy to judge at any event...I just don't want to do it all day.
1b Judges will set up courses and assist other judges with same while check-in and tech are in progress. This means an earlier arrival to the comp site is part of that responsibility for those rotating. (those that travel a great distance will be rotated as necessary to prevent traveling pressure for those day(s), i.e. changing your day(s) with another closer to your home)
Again, to me this is a great idea but making courses isn't easy and not all are gonna be cut out for this. I think courses should be left to those who run the series and if anyone wants to offer help then they should ask them and get approval.

2>Amateur class has been discussed that it should possibly include all crawler types, not just limited to 2 channel, no dig crawlers. Amateurs are amateurs, we just need to let them get better. Promoting this sport is what we are about. Drivers need to seek their own comfort level and should want to achieve the highest level they are comfortable at.
I agree, this class really should be more of an entry level into the comp scene.
2aAmateurs will run the first series of gates on the courses as pro’s, but can use the remaining gates of the pro course as bonus gates. (maybe a bonus-land setup)
I wouldn't do this one. Maybe just on one course. If this happens on all courses it's gonna make the comps take that much longer.
2b This is only suggested, the amateur courses could also deviate through different gates along the same layout.
ok

3>It is encouraged to keep time running, and the series as professional as possible, that there be a set check-in/tech time. If we are going to be more professional about the series, this needs to happen. (leave earlier if you are consistently late and can’t get there on time). (Judges will be adjusted as necessary for travel length to keep them from being pressured to arrive early and help with set-up.)
I thought this was all ready the plan.....but I do see comps that are more relaxed than others about policing this policy. We're all adults and should be there on time and ready to go without having to be told to do so. Everyone runs into reasons they might be late. If so contact the comps organizer and let them know. Bigger issue I see is people not being ready to run when it's their turn, or holding onto their score sheets until the end. If people were ready to go with their car on at the start when the previous finished the comps would go much much faster.
3a Keep the courses 4 to 5 minutes max in length. Actually shorter is better. Learning to drive under these conditions proves to be more of the status of a National Event stature. Courses for amateurs will be a minimum amount of gates and/or design to promote good thinking habits without pressure to hurry, hurry, hurry. Pro Drivers are encouraged to remember, you are competitors, competitors deal with pressure and as such will be working on harder course lengths or designs within the same time frame.
sounds good to me

This has been brought up as past series awards have been late or not received. (not by this series alone)
I'm not a big fan of trophies....to me they just collect dust and take up space....Just my opinion. I to like plaques over trophies...again just me.
4b There should also be recognition for the top five amateurs and an invite to join pro status if they wish. (again, it is our wish to promote this sport and it’s ideals)
rare to have more than 5 at these events but if so this is a good idea.

5>It is agreed that all who enter into the (Series), will be considered of Pro status.
good
5a Those entering the series will have their scores recorded for the season, top drivers in each of the 3 classes will receive trophy’s paid for from series entry funds.
ok
Discussion on the remaining amount as to whether it should be distributed to the top driver in each class or just the top driver in 2.2 is welcome as is all discussion on this topic.
I don't think it should all go to the 2.2 driver. If there are payouts then it should go to each class.

I think there should be a comp fee. $5.00 to compete for a day is cheap. I personally think that people that go through the effort to put these on should even make a little money for all the work that goes into these. Without people organizing, judging, providing items(gates, timers, paper....etc), posting up....this wouldn't happen. I guess there could be no daily comp fee but wouldn't that raise the cost of the series fee?
this one confuses me, seems like the same as #6. Maybe have the pros pay and the novice drivers are free...but they also don't get any payouts(daily or end of series).

I like this discussion. I think it would be a great idea to have a meeting and discuss this in person too. That way those who attend have a say and little details could be voted on and it could all get handled at one time.

James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Technically this is our club but it's no more of club than Hobbytown.
I think we should have more comps than just the winter series. The winter series is ultimately for two National's invites per class and I for one take that serious.
Maybe a committee to get toghther and discuss concerns. Maybe during the drivers meeting ask Club members for opinions and suggestions.

Having a member of the rules committee that competes would make sense. This is not meant in any disrespect towards Griz but I've only seen him once at a scale comp.
If we had meeting's maybe he would show.

I think that scores should be posted the same day or the next. Not 2 weeks later. Have a master sheet that is signed by the drivers to eliminate discrepancies. I can find a lap top to put scores in as there turned in.

Judging is always going to be a problem because nobody wants to do it.
I would like to see 2 Judges per course. At least one that stays on thier course all day or untill the course closes, to keep it consistant.

Patrick and Ty I know both of you guys work hard and I do appreciate it.
These are some of my concerns and opinions.

I hope this doesnt piss any body off as its not meant too.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #16
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
I think that scores should be posted the same day or the next. Not 2 weeks later. Have a master sheet that is signed by the drivers to eliminate discrepancies. I can find a lap top to put scores in as there turned in.
If your volunteering you got the job.

I would love to see this as well, but life gets in the way and most of the time Patrick or myself are just to tired at the end of the day to post scores.
But like I said if your willing to take over entering the scores and posting them that would be awesome.

The master sheet is actually a great idea and I think one that will be used so no one can complain, creating a little less headache.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post

I would love to see this as well, but life gets in the way and most of the time Patrick or myself are just to tired at the end of the day to post scores.
But like I said if your willing to take over entering the scores and posting them that would be awesome.

The master sheet is actually a great idea and I think one that will be used so no one can complain, creating a little less headache.
That's all we are trying to do, keep you and pat from killing yourselves over this.

Hell, I have an old laptop I could donate so that keeping track of scores and series points is easier.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post

I'll do it. I might need a little help transfering the spread sheet but I'm down.
Anything else you guys need help with?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Patrick, you can confirm this....

I've talked to him and I'm planning on being an onsite score keeper. I'll have a computer onsite and will enter scores as we compete. I will also post scores that night on this site if he wants me too. I also have my laptop that I can just bring if needed if i'm going to post up online for them as well.

I agree with Hoppa, I like it when the scores are posted no later than the following day. I do that with my comps and will be happy to do it with these also. More often than not i'll have them up same day, especially if i'm entering them onsite at the comps....all I have to do is transfer to here at home.

Having people sign off on their scoresheets is a great idea. That way no confusion, and I'd be happy to keep all the seasons scoresheets in a folder incase anyone has an issue or question.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #20
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Quote:

This should be the only class eligible to qualify for the national positions do to the possible differerences in courses
I am definately good with an amateur class. This is a great stepping stone to the Pro Class and it will take out the beginner jitters and hopefully bring in more newcomers

I definately like this idea. If you are running in the Pro Class you should have a good concept of the rules. I also think pairing up an amateur with a pro will help them learn the rules plus back up or catch calls missed by the Pro Judge.
I also like this. This should change up how a course is designed and layed out. Everyone sees something different when thinking about different lines. This should also prevent the close to the same course being layed out every couple of seasons.

Agreed
I like running the same courses with just an earlier gate to finish at. This should help the amateurs gain confidence being able to complete courses versus coming up short.

Off Course repairs should be eliminated and there should only be on course repairs. Most major events if not all do not allow off course repairs. This keeps the clock running most of the time and prevents confussion with the judges on time deductions.
I have always like 5 minute courses. With that said the bigger comps that some attend have had courses that run between 4 to 6 minutes in length.

I would like to see the Pro Class entries by put in a pot (documented) and split between the two qualifiers that will attend nationals. Trips to Nationals can be costly and it would be nice to help out the two that qualify. This also allows some that can't afford a trip to nationals an opportunity to go.
A set amount should be set aside from the series entries and the trophies and money should be handed out at the end of the day at the finals or a set date be made for a banquet dinner. I have booked a seperate area or room before for such occasions with no extra expense or hassle.
If an amateur would like to move up they can at anytime. I think if you stay and win the amateur points series for two running season (basically two years) you should have to move up. The amateur class is not meant to be sandbagged so you can win, it is meant to be a place for you to improve your skills. No amateur should be force to move up until the end of a series.

Agree
I think all the money for each class should stay in that class. I know that it will not bring as much at the end of the series for the 1.9's and supers but it will help those individuals to attend Nationals just like the 2.2 drivers. If the money stays in the class that it was put into then everything should be fair. As for series money maybe we should reduce the amount for the 2.2 and charge additional for the 1.9's and Supers. This way you are putting money into each class that you want tracked and it will go back to that class.

I was thinking that we could still charge the $5 to enter each class for that day and it go into the pot for the 2 qualifiers for each class for nationals.

I would like to see the club ran like a club. There should be elected people to oversee the on goings of the club. I would also like to see the concerns of the drivers in the club be brought up and discussed. If there is any warrent for change with the concern that is brought up and it falls within the USRCCA Rules then it should go to a vote with the members of the club. It would be nice if there was quarterly get togethers to discuss the going on's with the club and general meet and greets. I also think the Rules Committee member should be voted on by the club. That person represents your club and is the one that brings the clubs concerns and possible changes to the USRCCA rules commitee. That person is your voice. This person should also be in attendance to the majority of the clubs comps and should be active throughout most if not all the comps in the area that person oversee's. During the quarterly meetings and/or before comps questionable rules should be reviewed so that there is no discrepancies between events ran under the USRCCA rules.

The responsibility of club lyes within the club and not a couple of individuals. This is not a two person club this is our club and all that are in the club should be involved. Scoring, judging, setting up courses, setting up venues, etc... If you are part of something you will take ownership, if you just show up then you tend to not take any stake in it.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote