Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: 2o1o-2o11 Colorado Winter Series Specifics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
MODERHATER™

Default 2o1o-2o11 Colorado Winter Series Specifics

Here we go folks!!

These are the guidelines we will be following this season.

Following 2o1o USRCCA Rules

First off we will be charging fee's just like last year. A series fee and a comp entry fee. The series fee will be $20 which pays for comp supplies, permits, insurance, trophies, and anything left goes to the end of season party. Only people that enter the series will have their points tracked throughout the season and be eligible for Nationals. The series points will be awarded as such, first place gets 250 points, second place gets 245, third 240, and so one in five point increments. The lowest score on a course also awards you a one point bonus toward series points. We will also be tracking drivers that run all three classes to come up with the best overall driver! The series fee will need to be paid by the second comp. One score in the series per class will be dropped.

The entry fee will be $5 per class, all this money goes into a pot which is paid back to the drivers. Payout will be:1st place=50%, 2nd place=30%, 3rd place=20%. So if we had a full field of 50 2.2's there would be $250 in the pot. First place would take home $125, second place would take home $75, third place would take home $50. 1.9 and super will be paid out in the same manner. Events will be paid out at the event site, as soon as the scores are tallied.

There will be a set time for registration and tech posted in each comp thread. Registration for all classes will be done at the same time, so you must have all rigs ready for tech first thing. We will be running 3 classes this year, 2.2, 1.9 , and Super. 2.2 will run first, followed by a top 5 shootout. Then after the Top 5 shootout is done, 1.9 and supers will run at the same time, then when courses are done a top 5 course will be ran for them. There will be a 50 driver cap on the 2.2 class. If you are running late for whatever reason or may be, please let me know!

Again we will be running a free crawl format, giving you the choice on which courses you choose to run in whatever order. In order for this to work in a timely manner you need to get in line and try to get courses done as quickly as possible. When you are next in line, make sure your rig is up and ready to run immediately after the driver is done, have your scoresheet in hand if the judge does not have it already. In order to get all the people through the courses we will not be breaking for lunch, plan on packing a lunch and eating between courses.

Judges. This year when you enter the series you are asked to help in judging. There will be set judges before each comp based of a list of drivers. 2.2 Series drivers 1-5 will judge a comp then drivers 6-10 will judge the next comp, then 11-15, and so on. 1.9 and super judges will be done the same way on a list of driver running them. Assistant judges will be needed as well if possible, they can either step up and volunteer, or be selected by being the second driver in line on a course. Judges we need you so please help out!!!

Judges are encouraged to setup their courses if they want to, this will require you to show up 45 minutes to 1 hour before registration. Courses need to be setup in design to make sure the course remains consistant. So try not to set courses with dirt, loose rocks, ledges that could be dug up, etc.... One dimensional courses will be frowned upon. Courses will need to be approved before chalking them.

If an event is canceled due to weather a makeup date if possiable will be posted in the thread at the time of the cancellation. That date will be a new one, not currently on the schedule.

So lets get out there on the rocks and drive our hearts out!!

Anything I missed, you don't like, would like to add? Post up!

Patrick

Last edited by 666; 10-18-2010 at 08:35 PM.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

At what point will 2.2 courses close so that the Judges can run. Are we going to run the judges together like at Nats?
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
At what point will 2.2 courses close so that the Judges can run. Are we going to run the judges together like at Nats?
I bet 2.2 courses will close when everyone is done running. Right now running all the judges at the might be whats happening, other methods are being looked at as well.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:16 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Ill be running late this sun I have to be in brighton at 7 so ill get in brighton early drop off my dog at the spayed place then haul balls to bufflo creek 8 30 is tech time right?
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo303d View Post
Ill be running late this sun I have to be in brighton at 7 so ill get in brighton early drop off my dog at the spayed place then haul balls to bufflo creek 8 30 is tech time right?
8am is tech, sign up and everything else. courses open at 8:30, but we can cut you a little slack, thanks for letting us know.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

It's a long drive for me and I've had a hard week at work, I'll be late too, I wanna sleep in an extra hour.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
It's a long drive for me and I've had a hard week at work, I'll be late too, I wanna sleep in an extra hour.
No Soup for you!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Please? I gave advanced notice.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
8am is tech, sign up and everything else. courses open at 8:30, but we can cut you a little slack, thanks for letting us know.
Thanks alot TURTLE cant wait to run with the big boys
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote