Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: CORCC Sportsman class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #1
[HOONIGAN]

Default CORCC Sportsman class

Kris (SIKAX10) and I volunteered to help run the Sportsman Class comps. These comps will be held during the Pro comps just on different courses.
This will be a NO DIG class. We are trying to figure out how much interest there is in this class so let us now if you plan on competing. We plan on making theses courses a little easier and a lot of fun.

Last edited by RPMJ; 10-20-2010 at 06:41 AM.
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

My girlfriend is interested in this class.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Holdin my 40oz.

Yes, Rodney and I will be setting up courses for the sportsman class for those interested in running. One thing I wanted to mention is that the competitors will be responsible for judging their fellow competitiors, so one of the sportsman class guys will have to step up and judge. You could all rotate between each course if you want. Just be sure you all look over the rules so you all know how to properly judge yourselves.

Also, feel free to contact either one of us if you have any questions.
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I thought this was going to be open to dig and moa?
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Well since thats all i can run im in
TheSkunkBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Im in too,,Im sure BogPopa and Jayboogie would run too
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky J View Post
I thought this was going to be open to dig and moa?
That still needs to be voted on and ultimately decided upon with the guys running in the class(optimally).

At least for this first event I think it is going to be open to MOA and shafty. Everything is open for discussion still and I would love to hear from the folks that want to run in the class.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I wasnt able to make the meeting so my thoughts now are kind of out of sink,,but I was under the impression the Sportsman class was Shafty only,,No Dig. If Moa and Dig are allowed then its Digless Shafty's running 2.2 Pro on easier courses. Kind of defeats the purpose of the class.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I wasnt able to make the meeting so my thoughts now are kind of out of sink,,but I was under the impression the Sportsman class was Shafty only,,No Dig. If Moa and Dig are allowed then its Digless Shafty's running 2.2 Pro on easier courses. Kind of defeats the purpose of the class.
Just from what everyone was talking about at the meeting it was kinda discussed that since the classes creation, MOA has become more main stream and it didn't make sense for new drivers to have to buy a new rig to move up in classes.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
Holdin my 40oz.

I am in agreement with Ty on this one. I was going to leave it up to the competitiors to decide which way they wanted to see the class go. I was thinking that if they decide to run Moa or a rig with dig and use dig, there would be a 10pt penalty added to their score (per course), but would be able to use it for the rest of the course. But, the USRCCA rules for the sportsman class say shafty only, no dig no moa. So if the competitiors want to adhear to those guidlines set in place and run the official class rules then thats great also. Otherwise they would have to consider the series just a practice for going to the pro class and nothing more. Feel free to discuss and voice your opinions atthe comp on sat., or PM TY, 666, rodney or myself to discuss it further.
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #11

Here are the USRCCA rules on sportsman for anyone that wants to know.
2.5 – Sportsman Class (Optional):
2.5.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring from centerline of front axle stub to centerline of rear axle stub, with all the wheels pointing straight ahead, with the vehicles suspension holding it's own weight.
2.5.2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
2.5.3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified, provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. With a tire mounted, no exterior component of the wheel, including but not limited to, the bead lock ring shall exceed 2.5". Tires may be modified from other sized tires using only a pliable rubber, but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 6 inches.
2.5.4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering only.
2.5.5 - 2.2 Crawler class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height.
2.5.6 - Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 radio channels (one for steering & one for throttle) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed, but only 2 channels may be used to control the vehicle.
2.5.7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
2.5.8 - (OPTIONAL) Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles.

For everyone that wants to compete in this class it is your decision as a group how you want to do things. Please keep in mind section 2.5.8 which does allow the option of MOA if it is so desired by our club.

However if sportsman drivers don't speak up it's going to be hard to come to a decision on what sportsman drivers would like for their class.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #12
[HOONIGAN]

We still are wondering how many Sportsman class drivers are planning on showing up. Please post up and let us know
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

it doesnt look like Ill be able to make the first event...vehicle issues.

2.5.8 does allow for MOA....however...2.5.6 does not allow for DIG

My thoughts are this,,,based on those two rules,,,allow MOA in Sportsman,,,,NO dig.