Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: scaler run/comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default scaler run/comps

Well i was looking through the threads and got that itch to run the scalers against other scalers lol not comp crawlers anyone know if there is anything going down or any intrested to have a trail run thinking Lutz or maybe do some filming
TheSkunkBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Nothing has been planned for anytime soon that I know of. I have been working on the National set of Scale rules and not sure when those are going to be done.

I've also been getting the itch to do something and try out a couple different style of courses that have been talked about and seeing if they would work out for the next series. Buddy course and a rope course.
Buddy course would two rigs running at the same time and both would be scored as one. Only one person can use a winch and the other could only use a toe strap. Both rigs have to progress a gate before attempting to progress the next gate.
Rope course would be something like time trial, but between a boarder on both sides. If you hit the boarder you get a gate penalty. Would be a little slower and more technical then the time trial, but not as time consuming as a gated course. This events would be used in place of a hill climb or time trail based on what is liked better and available terrain.

Speaking of the next series, how soon do you guy want to start again. I though at the end of the last series I would want a longer break then I do now. We could start another one here in a few weeks or a month.
I do not feel that the national rules will be done and for now we could start with the rules that we have now. We could do a 4-5 comp series and have it end in March. Then start up the Summer series in April or May.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

as long as i have the day off a scale gtg would be fun anytime.

id be up for a scale series starting up. it seems i dont drive the honcho near as much anymore.
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I'm trying to throw a beater 1.9 together, I should have it together by the 2nd winter series comp, so ya a month*ish* sounds good to me.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

well i think im gonna crawl tomorrow after the broncos kick the raiders ass!!!!!! thinking lutz looking for anyone to crawl with
TheSkunkBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #6

iam down to go run the scaler any day just let me know! and about the next series i cant wait!
RockAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkunkBuster View Post
well i think im gonna crawl tomorrow after the broncos kick the raiders ass!!!!!! thinking lutz looking for anyone to crawl with

How did the game work out for you?
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Buddy course would two rigs running at the same time and both would be scored as one.
Running 1.9's and 2.2's together? That could be interesting if the entire field was mixed
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Running 1.9's and 2.2's together? That could be interesting if the entire field was mixed

Probably not since most of the guys that run 2.2 also run 1.9 and that could potentially cause issues.

What I'm thinking of doing is during tech everyone will your name into a hat then a name is pulled out. That way there is no pairing up. Everyone will be required to run with someone different for each event if this trial version works and everyone likes it and wants to use it for the upcoming series.

To keep it fair for those that keep choosing not to run a winch, only one person will be allowed to use a winch and the other will only be able to use a tow strap. You have to make progress together, meaning that you or your buddy will not be able to try to make progress at the next gate until both have cleared a gate. There will be no ramming or pushing rigs over with another rig. The biggest object of this event will be to use teamwork to finish the course. Each driver will be scored but not sure what method we will use.
1nd Option is to score both rigs the same regardless of how well or badly you do, hoping to create more team work.
2st Option would be to score each driver separately and possibly award point for recoveries and deduct points for needing assistance.
I 'm leaning more towards option one as I think it would cause both drivers to consider their options more before doing something. Also may help with learning new styles of driving as I can see some of the newer guys having to be teamed up with a older guys and seeing exactly how or being shown ways to negotiate courses. Which I would think would help all of us become better drivers.

Just Ideas now and trying to change things up, listing to some suggestions from the last event while sitting around the fire. Nothing is set in stone and always looking for ideas.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
No idea what I'm doing

I'd be willing to try it both ways to see which one works better, but I'd have to say I lean towards the first option too.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I like option one too. I think that was the way we did it for the very first scale series, and it was a blast.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote